Swimming laps at the gym, ladies opinion only...

Options

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    why do you care? as long as your junk isnt hanging out, no one should care. plenty of women wear bathing suits that others think arent flattering-- but its that person's choice.

tight bathing suits can aid with speed- so its usually a preference for lap swimmers.
  • Sagefemme76
    Sagefemme76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Here in Australia, the Speedo (or budgie smugglers, as we prefer to call them) is pretty much a national icon. Certainly to be worn when swimming laps......can you imagine trying to do something athletic in water with acres of fabric flapping around your legs? I really don't understand all the Speedo-hate out there. On any body shape, just wear what makes you feel comfortable and helps you achieve your goal. If you look good in them, thankyou, and if you don't....well, that's none of my business and good on you for getting out and exercising.
    To Speedo, or not to Speedo? Certainly a first-world problem
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I really don't like them - most of the guys I've seen wearing them resemble Mr. Bean. But don't stop wearing them on my account. Do what you want. You're swimming laps, not strutting down the runway.

beaninpool_zpsd6d3afca.jpg
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Swimming Laps! You are doing wrong if you are worried about how you look.
  • jennyjcss
    jennyjcss Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I, myself a lap swimmer too, freqently at pool ,few times in a week. I like to view men with good abs n on watever they wear, eventhough black or coloured or strip speedo.

If u have great abs, why not showing off like redfoo did. I find it sexy actually *wink*
  • Tigerman999
    Options
    Bump
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    I don't care what other people wear to swim laps. Wear what you want as long as it fits the pool rules. I only judge when someone is breaking pool etiquette (joining a lane without a heads-up, joining a lane that swims at a different pace than you, etc.)
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think if YOU'RE comfortable wearing them, then that's all the validation you need. You only live once, don't leave any room for regret. :)
  • BlakeMotivation
    BlakeMotivation Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Laps at the gym... swim shorts like TYR's...
    Headed to the beach or out on the boat waterskiing... board shorts.
  • workoutdood
    workoutdood Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Laps at the gym... swim shorts like TYR's...
    Headed to the beach or out on the boat waterskiing... board shorts.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I don't care what other people wear...
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I say, wear what is comfortable. I couldn't imagine having to swim in long shorts...the drag would be a pain in the butt. You're there to workout.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Jammers everyday baby!!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I think they're gross, but if you're at least in good enough shape to wear one, then I guess go for it.
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    So I've read some women don't like men to wear speedos.

I've started wearing a speedo to swim laps at the gym. I don't have a six pack but I at least have 4, and some hints of V lines...

What do you think of men, at least in pretty good shape(not fat ones..) wearing speedos at the gym pool?

"Tigerman999's profile is viewable by her friends only."
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    So I've read some women don't like men to wear speedos.

I've started wearing a speedo to swim laps at the gym. I don't have a six pack but I at least have 4, and some hints of V lines...

What do you think of men, at least in pretty good shape(not fat ones..) wearing speedos at the gym pool?

"Tigerman999's profile is viewable by her friends only."

And BOOM goes the dynamite!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Seriously...I personally just don't care :drinker: When I used to swim on the regular, all I cared about was getting a free lane & not losing my top :laugh: however, something like this might stop me in my tracks...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDhJMuh9xuOzBY_kcMXWelCtwv9VCrF4x9d1w8PGc2JsGHP64O

All I care about is that you don't bend over in front of me.

Except this guy. This guy can bend over where he pleases.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I never understand these threads. Everyone has a different opinion about these types of things - some people will love the idea, while others will be repulsed by it. In any case, if you like them - you should go for it. A few opinions shouldn't hinder you from what you enjoy. *shrug* Just my two cents.
  • samanthacohoe
    Options
    You can wear baggy trunks or board shorts to work out. That's just silly. Either rock the speedo and who cares what ladies think, or you could get some of those long speedos they wear at the Olympics. Those are hot.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I couldn't really care less what someone wears to work out in the pool. I'm not there to ogle you, I'm there to swim. :)