i need to start from the VERY beginning

13»

Replies

• I am back to MFP after a brief go at it. I am scared... I have never really had to work out because I was always naturally skinny. I turned 25 and it was like a tidal wave. I looked at food and gained weight. I'm only 5'1 and weighed about 130 lbs before I had my daughter. I wanted at that time to be about 120. I gained 27 lbs with my daughter for a total weight of 157lbs. Currently I weight 163! Not sure how I kept all the baby weight AND then some but it needs to come off. I'm tired of feeling sluggish and looking blubbish in photos. I want my old body back :( Hoping for some clear cut guidelines and some sever support. I tend to be lazy and make excuses for reasons I don't make it to the gym. I know that's my area of weakness, and the fact that I eat most of my calories after 6pm. Still new to the site so is there a daily forum that everyone basically responds too?
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    I am back to MFP after a brief go at it. I am scared... I have never really had to work out because I was always naturally skinny. I turned 25 and it was like a tidal wave. I looked at food and gained weight. I'm only 5'1 and weighed about 130 lbs before I had my daughter. I wanted at that time to be about 120. I gained 27 lbs with my daughter for a total weight of 157lbs. Currently I weight 163! Not sure how I kept all the baby weight AND then some but it needs to come off. I'm tired of feeling sluggish and looking blubbish in photos. I want my old body back :( Hoping for some clear cut guidelines and some sever support. I tend to be lazy and make excuses for reasons I don't make it to the gym. I know that's my area of weakness, and the fact that I eat most of my calories after 6pm. Still new to the site so is there a daily forum that everyone basically responds too?

omg you are me! i am also 5'1'' and i was 135 when i graduated high school. i am currently 164.4 lbs! i look at food and i gain like crazy lol and i am always making excuses. heres hoping we can both fight through it and be our goal weights again. (mine is 130) :)

you can create your own post on here and keep coming back to it every day to explain your progress/troubles/thoughts if you want :) im kind of doing that lol
  • Im 27 now, but when I graduated 10 years ago, I was 97lbs! I would absolutely LOVE to be about 115-120 as an ultimate goal weight but 130 is my let me just get there weight. Its so hard, Im a nursing student, I work part time, I have a 2 year old, and a chubby husband who I love to cook for. I end up eating fast unhealthy snacks between school, fast food for lunch on my way to work, and dinner cooked with butter and salt, and why not just add in the snacks on the couch when my husband and I watch our shows on tv at night :( UGH...Hopefully with some much needed changes...130 will no longer be just a mirage in the distance :)