why do girls..

Options

Replies

• iset_the_fair
    iset_the_fair Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll throw in my 2 cents.
    I am intimidated by anyone at the gym who looks fit, because I don't. That's just me.
    I go to get fit and lose weight, and it helps me to have no one in my peripheral vision distracting my thoughts.

I am very self concious and when theres a fit person right next to me on a treadmill running fast when I'm just walking, or can only maintain a jog for a couple minutes, then I find in my mind I am comparing myself unfavourably to them.
    Then I feel bad about myself. If I feel bad, I'm not going to want to stay and keep working out, I'll want to leave.
    It is certainly easier to pick a machine with no one on either side. Out of sight, out of mind.
    I know I am obese and unfit, I don't need to be reminded while I'm working out.
  • Swt3mari
    Swt3mari Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't care who is next to me as long as they are working hard. If I see the person next to me working their butt off, it motivates me to work out even harder. My best workouts is when I am trying to do better than the person next to me.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I don't care who is next to me as long as they are working hard. If I see the person next to me working their butt off, it motivates me to work out even harder. My best workouts is when I am trying to do better than the person next to me.
    you should get that guy's number up there^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I need a lot of personal space. I'm not a team player.
  • amparscale
    Options
    worry about what a guy thinks about them... Stand up, be a GIRL! ha
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Nothing like female paranoia..

Be friendly with a woman or it seems even get next to them on a treadmill and they think you have an ulterior motive !!!

Me , I just wish i had a $ for every time thats not the case and another $ for everytime they ve thought they ve read the signals right and got angry at me when they realise I dont fancy them and am just being friendly.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

Be friendly with a woman or it seems even get next to them on a treadmill and they think you have an ulterior motive !!!

Me , I just wish i had a $ for every time thats not the case and another $ for everytime they ve thought they ve read the signals right and got angry at me when they realise I dont fancy them and am just being friendly.
    They get angry?! What in the world happened to being polite :grumble: :noway:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    tuVUnjn.gif

Because nobody wants to deal with this if it can be avoided.
  • ThePlight
    Options
    Well, that's understandable if they're all up in your face like that, but I meant just common courtesy haha.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    as long as they have a breath mint. :wink:
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It's like you don't sit next to someone on the bus where there are free benches. Just no. Give people space if you can.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I just don't want anyone to think I would like to chat. If I put space in between, there is no chance some random person will want to chat at the gym. I am there to workout, not talk.
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at work, so I have to work with most of the people I see at the gym. Mostly men. Okay - all men. I go to the gym and get a good workout. If I'm on the treadmill, I'm sweaty. I don't want the dude I have to tell his database design sux to saddle-up next to me while trying to maintain an 85% Max HR.

I also know they all creep me when I'm there. I don't care. Enjoy the commando under my running tights and sports bra.

I'll kick their a$$es.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I built a gym in my home. I won't even get on the Elliptical if there is someone in the house.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    who cares what elliptical anyone wants to go one. Maybe it is YOU? hahaha
  • SeoulKim05
    SeoulKim05 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh you're one of THOSE guys. : )

urinal.jpg

LOL!!!! good one.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to TRAIN not to pick up a date. I got a good woman at home so that category is filled. I go for one reason and that is to improve my physique

so why do you care? Doesn't this contradict your original post?
  • ThePlight
    Options
    I go to the gym at work, so I have to work with most of the people I see at the gym. Mostly men. Okay - all men. I go to the gym and get a good workout. If I'm on the treadmill, I'm sweaty. I don't want the dude I have to tell his database design sux to saddle-up next to me while trying to maintain an 85% Max HR.

I also know they all creep me when I'm there. I don't care. Enjoy the commando under my running tights and sports bra.

I'll kick their a$$es.
    Haha, I love your spirit!! :smile:
  • healthlagom
    Options
    I built a gym in my home. I won't even get on the Elliptical if there is someone in the house.

lol u win. gym is where the ppl are. ew, people.

tumblr_mwfle0TxTU1rh6f2eo1_400.gif
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

They get angry?! What in the world happened to being polite :grumble: :noway:

put it this way, i learned a long time ago to recognise the emotionally crippled, insecure and inadequate women who are so uptight the mere use of a running belt at the side of them by a man is enough to trigger resentment, never mind those that cant cope with friendly conversation without recognising it for just that - and it never ceases to amaze me how far up their own butts women can be and there s little wonder they get angry and resentful when rejected if they think the mere presence of or conversation with a male signifies a play for them.

If i chose to run next to a woman its usually to nose at her callories burned distance and time left and marvel at the fact she doesnt look half as fit as i do, but is obviously so as there s no way i'll keep up !!!!