Need to lose 100 lbs. or more? Lets start a group!

Options

Replies

• YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Falcon, I know what you mean... I'm still close to 300. I think when we get that heavy we just kind of distance ourselves from the reality of it... or we try to.

Becky
  • tfagler
    tfagler Posts: 30
    Options
    Monday is going good so far, but I'm headinfg in to work for another 12 hr. shift 7pm till 7am. But I am back on making a plan to make it through. Tonight will be a good night. Around 9:30 I'll have some fresh fruit to hold me over until I can have dinner, which will be around 2:am, then fruit and yogurt around 5:00 am for a snack. For my exercise I will fit that in at about 4:00 am I'll let you know tomorrow how it went! Wish me luck!:wink:

I have done that over night shift far to many times. I am glad I am out of operations and do not have to worry about those schedules any more. It is hard to manage a change in eating habits while your body fights natural day/night cycles. It sounds like you have a nice solid plan and that is essential! Keep up the great work!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Falcon, I know what you mean... I'm still close to 300. I think when we get that heavy we just kind of distance ourselves from the reality of it... or we try to.

Becky

Oh I know the feeling only too well. You just don't want to go anywhere and just would rather hide from the world.

I gained ten pounds back a little over a month ago and got right back on track two to three weeks ago and lost eight out of those ten pounds. I'm almost back on track.

My family is so supportive, and they don't make any snide comments when I get in a bathing suit. They love me and I love them :) The bathing suit I bought last year felt just a tad bit loser this year whoohoo.
  • ikeweeks
    Options
    I have about 156 lbs to lose. I have lost 30lbs so far, starting weight of 386. My goals for the next 100 days:

Each week lose 5 lbs until I no longer do so with my calorie restiction/diet. By Oct 30 I want to be at 315 lbs. By Nov 30, my anniversary I want to be at or below 300 lbs. I know it's a lofty goal, but I've got a lofty amount of weight to dump.
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ahhh Monday monday monday... So did not do good this weekend on food. Trying to get better. I have my dr appt tomorrow to talk with him about the lap band surgery. I was reading about it and some people talk about fast solutions, but its really not. I read you lose 3-4 lbs a week for the first 6 months to year. I can handle that! Its fast than what Im doing now, but not too fast in my opinion. I have decided if my dr refuses the surgery then I will be looking for a new dr. I have to figure new ways to exercise until I can either get my Wii fixed or get a new one. I have 3 weight loss exercise games on it that I love doing and I haven't been able to because its broke. Grrrrr...
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Lap Band sugery? I don't think I could ever put a rubber band around the stomach. Good luck with that.
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Hey there Stephanie, sending good thoughts your way as you discuss the surgery with your doc. I know it's been a lifesaver for a lot of folks. My sister-in-law had it several years ago and it was a good decision for her. I never really considered it because I eat for other reasons besides hunger, so even with the surgery I'd still have the same habits to overcome at some point. Plus surgery scares me because of potential complications.

Becky
  • debjunti
    debjunti Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hey Stephanie I know a couple of people that have had lap band surgery and they swear it saved their lives, they bothh seem to be doing great with it. Good luck!
  • debjunti
    debjunti Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had a great 12hr shift my plan worked out well, now I will enjoy my couple of days off! And get some much needed exercise!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I would LOVE to join everyone here. I have 175 lbs. to lose still so a long , long way to go but I am determined to do this!! I started MFP at the end of April and so far I have lost 20 lbs. but it's going slow so I am going to step it up!!! Staying motivated is key for me and sometimes that is hard to do.

Before MFP I was on WW and I lost 62 lbs. ....so far I have lost a total of 82 lbs. and feel good about that although I have a ways to go!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • starlitscenery15
    Options
    Hello there! My name is Lauren and I just joined MFP today. I too have a large amount of weight to lose and would really love to be a part of your group. I could really use the support of others that understand the difficulty of losing a large amount of weight. I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to supporting each other along the way. :flowerforyou:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Ok. One week down...and a bunch more to go. But I'm down 3.2 pounds and am totally psyched! I have to admit that I was a skeptic. Not of the site, but of myself. I had tried so many things to lose weight, but nothing worked. I think it was just me that was the problem. I just wasn't ready. The only time I ever lost a lot of weight was after I had a baby. Then I just put it all right back on.

I'm doing this. It's real this time. The time has come. I'm finally ready.

I just love that I can put in my own recipes and figure out the nutrition content of them! I finally know how many calories are in my pancakes and mashed potatoes. Because of that, I can make little changes to save calories. I like tracking what I eat and then looking back at it. It helps me to see where I could make changes and do things differently. More healthy. I always had doctors telling me to keep a food diary. But figuring out calories on your own is no picnic. This site makes it a breeze! I'm so glad that I came here! Thank you, My Fitness Pal! :smile:

1759084.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • reneeb82
    reneeb82 Posts: 32
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. This group just started and look how many people there are needing support to lose a lot of weight.

Happy Tuesday all. My goal for today is to get in 90 minutes of cardio and stay within my calories. I hope you all have a great day.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Please add me in. I started out needing to lose 113 but now need to lose less. I would love to join the group.:flowerforyou:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    WELCOME ALL NEWBIES - if you post on this Forum you are automatically a member of this Group. :flowerforyou: It excites me to see all the new people who have posted in the last few days!!! :smile:
    Something I have been thinking about are set-backs; times when we "break" our diet, go over our daily calories, or have a run of bad days.......
    WE can stumble, we can fall, we can lay flat on the ground and cry; but, we CAN GET BACK UP and keep moving forward on our weight loss plan. Don't waste time being angry at, or disappointed in, yourself. There is no reason to even "forgive" yourself.
    These are all emotions foisted on us by society, family and friends that tell us being overweight is tantamount to a sin.
    No, we are not slothful, or gluttonous, we are simply human. Our flaw is overeating, nothing worse. People who judge us make me angry - at them - not me! I love myself and from this love will grow a better me, and I want that better me to be a more healthy me - and that means I WILL LOSE WEIGHT.
    It won't be a steady course, it will be a ragged, jagged forward progress but with all of your support, I know I can reach, and maintain my goal weight. When I do, I will continue to use this website for as long as it takes until my maintenance of that weight loss is drilled into my brain and becomes a way of life.
    Excuse me now, I have to step down from my soapbox! :laugh:
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I'm in!! Losing a large amount of weight is hard enough, but having friends taking on the same challenge makes it seem easier!! Not that it's not hard to lose your last 20 or 10 lbs, I'm not trying to say that it doesn't have it's challenges, too, but it's just not the same!
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just got home from the doctor's office. He walked in and I said I wanted to have the surgery, he laughed and I didn't stop. I said that I have watched videos, have read lots of information. I told him that I knew people who were getting it done. I said that I knew the possible side affects and that I was okay with it. He said he would put in the referral and get me a consult with the surgeon and I should hear from their office within 10 days. If I don't, I am to call his office to find out what is going on. Yay!!!! I think he could tell I was not leaving there without what I wanted, so my appt lasted a whole 5-10 minutes lol
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Note to Stephanie

I'm so proud of you for speaking out to your doctor and getting the referral to the surgeon which you have wanted for so long.
    So many times people are shy, bashful, or intimidated by their doctor, that the important things a person wants to discuss with their doctor gets forgotten or brushed off. Good for you for being insistent.
    Way to go!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    INSATIABLE HUNGER STRUCK ME TONIGHT
    and I wanted to give in. And I did. Even though this feeling followed a well balanced dinner, I just didn't have "the feeling" of fullness.
    I came up with a low cal snack that was almost as good as nacho's, if you're willing to suspend your imagination.

I took 7 single Keebler saltine crackers, laid them on a china plate, and covered them with 1/4 cup of non-fat shredded Kraft cheese. I nuked this for 20 seconds and then salted the lot. It was yummy! And most important, it satisfied that craving I was "suffering from" . I think the salt may have done the trick!
  • Believinginmygoals
    Options
    I am in. I have to lose another 91-101 pounds..