IT IS SO HARD TO COUNTER CALORIES...

Options
12346»

Replies

• hddeuce1966
    Options
    You guys seriously don't have the bar codes on the stickers?

code-on-stickers.jpg
    The barcode on this apple will NOT scan!!!!!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    since apples are different sizes, don't you have to weigh them whether you grow them or buy them?

Life is too short...

The variation gets lest in the noise of slightly different activity levels each day anyway. The bus that I catch from the station to the office has two different options, one of which involves walking further than the other...
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    You guys seriously don't have the bar codes on the stickers?

code-on-stickers.jpg
    The barcode on this apple will NOT scan!!!!!

In for the apple PLU barcode thingie. Yup. These are newer. I was leaning over the scanner in Kroger to enter the PLU # and the fruit or veggie just scanned on me. Freaked me out something good :laugh: It appears they're upgrading their systems; even the credit card swipers are new! Grocery shopping FTW!
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    No barcodes on fruit here either... but then again I don't live in the U.S. :glasses:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    OH OH! I want to add my own rant!!!!

When creating recipe's, why the heck am I not able to:

A) Use my phone to create recipe's so I can scan bar codes to enter ingredients?
    B) Modify the quantity of an ingredient instead of having to delete and re-add it?
    C) Provide serving sizes in grams or ounces?

Seriously, why is this so difficult????

BTW, I want to purchase fruit with bar codes too! The fruit I get only has the PLU code sticker on it.

Wow, I feel so much better now! :)
    You CAN use your phone to create recipes, and you can modify ingredients on the phone as well.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

Or is this just fantasy?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    is-this-real-life-or-is-this-just-fanta-sea.jpg
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    BIS60XACQAEz6ir.jpg
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    LMAO I love all the reeeeally late posters who are just now getting onto that poor girl for saying you dont count calories if you eat clean haha. this argument took place a full day ago and has been solved over and over throughout the feed :) your snarky comments are no longer needed and aren't relevant, she got the point long ago.
  • hddeuce1966
    Options
    LMAO I love all the reeeeally late posters who are just now getting onto that poor girl for saying you dont count calories if you eat clean haha. this argument took place a full day ago and has been solved over and over throughout the feed :) your snarky comments are no longer needed and aren't relevant, she got the point long ago.
    But the apple still won't scan!!! Dang it!!!!!
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    But the apple still won't scan!!! Dang it!!!!!

hahahah :)
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Type or paste your recipe (or what ingredients you recall using) into this:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

Then enter the resulting calories/macros per serving as a custom food in MFP. Assuming you're getting many meals out of each 'recipe', it's probably less time and work than scanning bar codes or picking from a list for 8 unique meals (or however many your recipe outputs).

I don't weigh produce. An apple gets logged as a large apple. I only weigh very calorie dense things like nuts and then only to see how much my spoonful weighs so I can log it as X grams each time I use a spoonful.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

LOL. don't worry, I'm not offended in the slightest as I was absolutely and 100% joking. I am concerned at how few of the responders realized it was a sarcastic comment however.