Are you planning on logging food on Thanksgiving?

Replies

• chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    No. I'll probably "quick add" 3,000 calories.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    I'm planning a "planned indulgence." I will pre-log a quick-added 3000 calories and then just enjoy my day. I do that every so often and it hasn't hurt me at all in the long run.

^this.

I'm having two Thanksgivings (my family's and my boyfriend's family's, and not until Friday & Saturday) and it is going to stress me out far too much to think about calories. I want to enjoy my loved ones and not be overly concerned with the exact calorie content of each food item. I'm not in a competition to lose weight and this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Denying myself joy at my favorite holiday is a diet thing and hurts the whole lifestyle change aspect. That said, I will be mindful of what I'm taking in and drink a lot of water.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    No logging for me. :smile:
  • madlab7
    madlab7 Posts: 24 Member
    I am going to try to take a guess and log it the best I can. While I know that I will be over on the day, I will still be able to look and see how it affected my weekly average intake. Like others have said, it is only one day. I just want the data to try to keep the week as close to normal as I can.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    I plan on completely blowing my plan out of the water on Thanksgiving! Over indulging once in awhile isn't going to do in my overall plans and goals.

Bring on the turkey, and stuffing! Load up the green bean casserole and biscuits! Don't even think about keeping the pie away from me that day! :drinker:

^^^This :love:

Question though, previous posters mentioned quick logging calories, how do you do that? I want to show that I was over, but don't feel like trying to add everything I eat. Is there an easy way to do this?
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    Nope. I plan to be too tipsy to log, too happy to give a crap, and too full to care.
  • No, but I plan on eating assloads of turkey and a little bit of the other stuff. Then I think I'll fall asleep.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    I'm going to do the best I can, I'll be ok food wise, its the booze that's gonna get me. I plan on hitting the gym in the morning tho, earn a decent buffer, and hopefully a good walk after dinner as well.
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    hell to the no! enjoying my day! :drinker:
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Yes, going to log and focus on turkey and the yummy vegetables we are having with the fun sides in proportion to my calories!! Yummm, I love Thanksgiving!!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Nope.
    I'll do what others said and quick add a ****load of calories.
    There is no way I can log everything because too many people will be bringing separate dishes and I won't be able to identify all the brands and ingredients and I'm not weighing everything I eat while trying to feed a bunch of small children at the same time.

And I'm not bothered by that.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Considering the copious amounts of wine I will no doubt be drinking and the fresh baked bread used for my stuffing, mashed potato, cranberry sauce, turkey and topped with gravy sammich I will probably eat AFTER my first dinner..I plan to wear my pants with the elastic waistband and have a jsf (just stay fat) day.

The pilgrims would want us to.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Heck no! How can you? I'm not about to ask everyone that made something a list of their ingredients, either. My husband comes from a huge Italian family. They throw sh#@ in there that I don't even think they're aware of. :laugh: Delicious though. Enjoy and have a Happy Thanksgiving whether you decide to log it or not! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    I carry a small note pad and pen with me and write it down. Takes just a minute to jot it down, and I'll enter it in the computer when I get home.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Nope. I know I'm gonna go over, but I am going to eat in moderation. I want to be able to enjoy my day with my family and not spend a minute of it logging food. I'm only going to long in to tell my Fitness Buddies Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I doubt I'll log, but I also won't use it as an excuse to eat everything in the house in unlimited amounts.
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Going to try to estimate after the fact. I'm going to enjoy all of the food, and eat more than I should (it is a holiday, after all), but I do plan on controlling my portions a little better than I have in previous years.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    If you have a general idea of what's being served, pre-log and try to stick to that plan as best as you can. And/or you can update it the next day - I do that all the time.

I'm not sure if I'll log or not. We typically don't plan on doing much but Hubby has a lot of friends that are fly by the seat of their pants types so we may have folks stop by or call to invite us over to visit. Could be a crazy busy day, could be a nice low key one, you just never know.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    For Thanksgiving day only, I plan to eat and drink as if I were being paid to do so.:drinker:
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Nope, I'm going to eat whatever I want within reason and not sully the holiday by trying to keep track. :)