Are you planning on logging food on Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    We're doing it at home with just the 4 of us, so yes, it's going to be like every other day here... So I'll try to stay under my goal, but if we have pie, I'm not sure. We haven't figured out the menu yet.

Christmas though... probably not. We'll have guests for a few days though so that's gonna be fun...
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I enter what I can, and then the next day add some quick numbers on, but just like when I go to a convention or a party, I don't really care if I get it all. I do it more so I can have a clue as to what was going on when I look back over the last 90 days (Why is there a huge spike right...Oh yeah, TDay), then any worries about being super exact.
    I am living a life, and that does not mean I'll be spending all of it counting calories. But I'll still try to be healthy.
    TDay is just a speed bump on the road to a thinner me.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'll do a quick add calories, but I plan on completely overeating. Too many nommable goodies on Thanksgiving. :bigsmile:
  • onsugarhill
    onsugarhill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll be measuring and logging everything as usual, because I'm doing a small Thanksgiving with my sister and a friend and I'll be cooking everything.

I'm planning to eat as much as I usually do, but I want to at least know how far over I've gone. It's also important to me to calculate the nutrition of the various foods I'm making, since I'll be eating them as leftovers for a week. :-)

One idea for those of you in different situations, though, is to take a picture of your plate before you eat. That can help you if you want to log it later. That's what I did on vacation, when I wasn't planning ahead at all and didn't want to log food at the table.
  • greenhudler
    Options
    I'm keeping a small note pad to log things on the next day. It means still logging things, but not having to take a bunch of time doing so the day-of and missing out on some fun :). But I don't know that I'll be sticking to my diet that day :)
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    T-day at 2 other houses... PFFFT! Imma 'quick-add cals' like a mofo. Now the following days I'll 'guesstimate' but won't sweat the details.
    Last year I didn't log for the entire week of both T-day and X-Mas and actually lost weight during both weeks! This year I'll enthusiastically accept either maintaining or gaining no more than 5#.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Nope. I plan to be too tipsy to log, too happy to give a crap, and too full to care.

^^^ best answer, hands down!

I give myself 3 cheat days a year, and one of them is next Thursday. I'm going to quick-add 10,000 calories and call it a day.
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sure! Just for kicks. I don't care that I will be going over on that one day. And there's no way I won't indulge a little! After all, my mother-in-law is cooking. ;o)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yep. Did it last year. Will again this year. It was much better than I expected and I was under for the week.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Jazz_Hands
    Jazz_Hands Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to eat the things I want, but not over-do it on the portions. So, I'll allow myself to indulge, without going overboard.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Haven't thought about it. I can't remember what I did last year. I probably will so everyone can be jealous of my tofurkey when they see it in my diary.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I plan on completely blowing my plan out of the water on Thanksgiving! Over indulging once in awhile isn't going to do in my overall plans and goals.

Bring on the turkey, and stuffing! Load up the green bean casserole and biscuits! Don't even think about keeping the pie away from me that day! :drinker:

^^^This :love:

Question though, previous posters mentioned quick logging calories, how do you do that? I want to show that I was over, but don't feel like trying to add everything I eat. Is there an easy way to do this?

It's easy! You just go to log food normally. You can go to breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, whatever you want. Click on "add food" and instead of typing something into the database or using one of your familiar foods, look above the food search bar and it will say 'search our food database by name'. To the right of that it will say "quick add calories" and you just enter it in! :)

(Edited to fix a minor grammatical error)
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I'll probably do a quick add too. If I decide to go to family's house, it's too hard to know what all they put in their recipes. My mission is to not eat every single dessert that there is, and to take it easy on the sides. :)))
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not being in the USA or Canada,.......sorry but I have to ask - I know it's one of your holidays but why on earth would it be an excuse to spend a day stuffing food and booze in your mouth as if they were going out of fashion? And - do you do the same at Christmas?
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Not being in the USA or Canada,.......sorry but I have to ask - I know it's one of your holidays but why on earth would it be an excuse to spend a day stuffing food and booze in your mouth as if they were going out of fashion? And - do you do the same at Christmas?

Well, it started as a harvest festival/stock up for the long cold winter thing, like most cultures have in one form or another. And yes, we do the same at Christmas, only with PRESENTS! :happy:

It's all pagan, really--gathering around the fire and sharing food with the clan, then celebrating making it through the shortest day of the year.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I will be pre-logging. My family goes to me parents house for noon and my ILs for supper so I feel the need to track so I don't go way over with two big meals. My mom gave me a menu with her recipes so I can calculate out her noon meal. My MIL makes a lot of the same things as my mom so I will use her info to fill in for my IL meal. I am hoping to stay around maintenance over the holiday.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Yup. I actually like to see just how much I have crammed in my mouth for the day. :)
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options

Feasting is a common form of celebration in many cultures.

Would be better to ask about Mardis Gras :p
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My first Thanksgiving diabetic. I am making my own special stuffing and dessert and will just eat the reg meat and veggies. I love the idea of cutting back on cals the day before and after and I will definetly do that. Plus I plan to be out all night shopping so that should burn a few calories.