Do you expect to count calories the rest of your life?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• cfreemark29
    cfreemark29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When they teach new onset diabetics about a diabetic diet, they often say, "yes you have to eat differently, but you are eating the way everyone SHOULD eat". So with that line of thinking I think before I was counting calories I was eating incorrectly. Mainly because I wasn't really paying attention to what I was eating and counting calories keeps my attention . So yes now I know better. Even if other folks don't count calories, I do because it is wrong headed and unhealthy to mindlessly eat.
    It has become less difficult because with experience you do learn the calorie count of foods you usually eat.
    And as others have said MFP makes it so easy, why not?
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I don't really have issues knowing what I'm going to eat and even fitting in some "bad" stuff into my diet as long as I get a majority of healthy food in and not feel guilty if I know how many calories and macros I'm eating. I always weigh my food when I can and everyone looks at me weird. It's kind of a hassle too.

You can just weigh yourself every couple weeks and adjust. If you put on 2-3kg diet for the next 2 weeks or so, etc.
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    I don't really have issues knowing what I'm going to eat and even fitting in some "bad" stuff into my diet as long as I get a majority of healthy food in and not feel guilty if I know how many calories and macros I'm eating. I always weigh my food when I can and everyone looks at me weird. It's kind of a hassle too.

No, I have no plans to count every calorie from now until the day I die.

My plan is to get a good idea what a portion of different things looks like and go by that instead, continue eating healthier then I did before and in smaller portions with the occasional exemption and to continue exercising(being active.

Things I'm unfamiliar with will get an extra scrutiny, but other then that I will take a step back and try making it natural after going over to maintenance.
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    I expect to have to be aware of what I eat for the rest of my life. Whether or not it will require meticulous counting, weighing and measuring remains to be seen. But if that is what it will take then yes. I will doso forever. I cannot and will not go backwards. I am not dieting, I am making a lifestyle change. I figure by the time I get to maintenance it will be pretty much a habit and a little guestimating will probably occur. And, like another mentioned if I gain a little I will get more meticulous until I am back on track. I want to see my grandchildren one day and while I am old enough to be a grandmother today, my kids are not old enough to be parents...so I will do whatever I have to do.

CW

This. I'm not going back to the way I was eating before, I'm going to keep making my own meals and make better choices when I'm not making them.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Nope , I count calories when I mean business
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I see myself as having to count calories for a good while into maintenance. I think I'll learn a lot along the way that I can apply and I should just be eating like 'the thinner me', so it should hopefully be ok. However I will have weekly weigh in's probably. If weight goes over +5lbs, I'll get back on the cal counting.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    No.
    I intend to modify my lifestyle/food choices to fit within my goals and use calorie counting to measure my progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!