Do you expect to count calories the rest of your life?

Options
I don't really have issues knowing what I'm going to eat and even fitting in some "bad" stuff into my diet as long as I get a majority of healthy food in and not feel guilty if I know how many calories and macros I'm eating. I always weigh my food when I can and everyone looks at me weird. It's kind of a hassle too.

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    If I expect to keep the weight off, yeah.
  • sugamonstaa
    sugamonstaa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it's easiest to NOT COUNT when you're just maintaining weight. I don't have to count to stay the same weight....it just comes naturally (before I started lifting and cutting)
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well I can tell you losing 4 stone and then not counting or caring results in gaining it back plus 7lbs. So yes..its something im always going to have to do.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If that is what it takes to help me maintain (once I get there).
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You will. I lost 120 lbs since 2nd of Feb 2013..stopped counting for a day and deleted my old MFP...here I am again:)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Occasionally.

At maint, I'd keep an eye on the scale .. if it creeps up a little, a couple days of calorie counting will be in order ..

Otherwise, there's no need.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Not precisely, but I do expect to ballpark estimate calories, just to make sure I don't egregiously exceed some daily threshold.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I hope not. It is sort of annoying. I dont mind doing it now to lose but by the time I hit goal I hope that my eating habits will have shifted enough that I will naturally stay at or around the same weight. If not, then I will be back!
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Every time that I have stopped I have gained the weight back, so yes. I have to.
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I intend to weigh my foods when I can, and count calories yes. I have found that calories add up VERY quickly and keeping track helps me alot. To each their own though!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mtv38dsIjX1sj3oxho1_250.gif
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    Not exactly, though I do have an emergency contingency in my maintenance plan (not there yet) that triggers at certain size or weight thresholds; and you can bet that if that happens I'll be counting again.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy logging my meals so I don't mind doing it.
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mtv38dsIjX1sj3oxho1_250.gif
    ^
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I have two options:
    1. Count calories
    2. Be fat.

I'll count calories. At least 5 days/wk. Basically forever or until I'm too wrinkled to care about being fat.
  • andrewj87
    Options
    I'm not sure, at this point it's kinda hard to stop analyzing how much of what is in what... almost second nature...
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes I really do. I tried not counting for the first 50 years and that didn't work out so well.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I expect to use it as a tool for the rest of my life but I have a goal range in mind. My plan is to hit the bottom of the goal range, maintain that for a couple months, then stop counting. If I go out of the top of the goal range, I'll start counting again. My goal for life is to never stay out of the goal range.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would say yes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!