are you counting calories on thanksgiving?

Options
jigglyone
jigglyone Posts: 410 Member
i waited 364 days for my mom's stuffing and by all means im gonna have it! plus, its just one day :) its not thanksgiving everyday! anyone else?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    No.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am not changing my routine. I will eat what is around, just not as much, and log them. I am not worried about it though since its a holiday and only one day.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'll probably log, just for kicks. There are going to be so many red numbers...
  • aminakhan1980
    aminakhan1980 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Probably not, but im going to watch my choices and portion sizes. I could eat a pound of my moms stuffing, but im either going have one small scoop, or skip it all together if I don't think I can control myself. Same goes for sweet potatoes!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    No way!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    No.
    :angry:
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    I'll probably log, just for kicks. There are going to be so many red numbers...

this!
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Don't think there's a calculator that could handle it.

It would probably cause a global power outage with the numbers I'd put in
  • jigglyone
    jigglyone Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Don't think there's a calculator that could handle it.

It would probably cause a global power outage with the numbers I'd put in

lol:laugh:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Oh, look. It's the 48th thread about this today.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll log Thanksgiving...just like every other of the >800 days before it.

I'll also eat at least 6k calories.

ETA: Most people who think they're going to eat a ridiculous amount of calories in one day are surprised when they log to learn that it isn't nearly as much as they thought...so I encourage others who are trying to lose weight to log so they don't beat themselves up unnecessarily the next day. Regardless, don't beat yourself up the next day no matter how many calories you consume. One day of overeating has never led to weight gain (unless you use it as an excuse to overeat a bunch of other days).
  • jon9949
    jon9949 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am going to log it. I expect to go over or have one heck of an exercise session that day.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think I counted last year. Over 5000 calories. Three pieces of pecan pie at 500 each.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think I counted last year. Over 5000 calories. Three pieces of pecan pie at 500 each.

It truly is a revelation to log a day like that...for most, that it isn't as bad as they thought...and for some, a different kind of revelation.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll log Thanksgiving...just like every other of the >800 days before it.

I'll also eat at least 6k calories.

ETA: Most people who think they're going to eat a ridiculous amount of calories in one day are surprised when they log to learn that it isn't nearly as much as they thought...so I encourage others who are trying to lose weight to log so they don't beat themselves up unnecessarily the next day. Regardless, don't beat yourself up the next day no matter how many calories you consume. One day of overeating has never led to weight gain (unless you use it as an excuse to overeat a bunch of other days).

This^^^^. One day. Not a week.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    maybe, not sure yet. It'll all be a guesstimate anyway cause i'm not cooking, so accuracy will be questionable.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    3 days out of the year I don't log: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my birthday.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I log everything just cause I like numbers.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.
  • onmyown326
    Options
    Hell no!:laugh: