are you counting calories on thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• onmyown326
    Options
    Yes, next question.

well we see why..but come on-its once a year!:sad:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ditto. My mom's stuffing is amazing. Wouldn't miss it for anything.
  • onmyown326
    Options
    maybe, not sure yet. It'll all be a guesstimate anyway cause i'm not cooking, so accuracy will be questionable.

true-you are amazingly hot and look like Salma H...just sayin
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    No but I will log everything I eat though and drink
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging but I won't be paying too much attention to my calorie and macro targets that day.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Already had Thanksgiving up here in Canada but Christmas Day? Hell no.
  • bbbDancer
    bbbDancer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes yes I will log.... (I like numbers, too!) And, I expect I'll go over... that's ok, won't freak... but for me, it's important that I keep on, keepin on... Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'll log and try to eat less. We always go to my sister's and I always end up falling asleep on the couch while the rest of the family plays games because I eat too much, and, well, I work midnights so I usually sleep during the day anyway.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Already had Thanksgiving up here in Canada but Christmas Day? Hell no.

:laugh: Same here! My family gets a cabin for a weekend every Christmas and we all cook. There's enough food to feed an army for the whole weekend, not to mention the cookies, desserts, and lots and lots of wine.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.

1 day can totally destroy weeks of progress, plus there is a ripple affect, you cheat once on thanksgiving and I bet you will again soon after... Its not like most of us ended up "not in shape" by being extremely disciplined to begin with.. I bet this holiday brings alot of people that are headed in the right direction right back to their old lifestyle... IMO it just comes down to how bad do you want it??? I will log everything and hit my numbers...
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I will log, will make smarter choices, but if I go over...oh well
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.

1 day can totally destroy weeks of progress, plus there is a ripple affect, you cheat once on thanksgiving and I bet you will again soon after... Its not like most of us ended up "not in shape" by being extremely disciplined to begin with.. I bet this holiday brings alot of people that are headed in the right direction right back to their old lifestyle... IMO it just comes down to how bad do you want it??? I will log everything and hit my numbers...

Nope. Still logging everything and exceeding my numbers that day. Still won't significantly derail anything. A few thouscand calories over in a day is *at most* one pound. There is no reason why one day has to affect more than one day...that's where discipline comes into play. Why assume that just because *you* might lack the discipline to let that one day affect more than one day that everyone else does too?
  • leftyjace
    leftyjace Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I can count them. Can I count that high? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yup. gonna treat it like every other day, only with more delicious choices. If I go over, oh well, at least I know how much.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.

Nope. Still logging everything and exceeding my numbers that day. Still won't significantly derail anything. A few thouscand calories over in a day is *at most* one pound. There is no reason why one day has to affect more than one day...that's where discipline comes into play. Why assume that just because *you* might lack the discipline to let that one day affect more than one day that everyone else does too?

Says the guy with 2lbs lost on his ticker but 10k posts telling everyone how it's done...

IMO one day can throw off more than that day and I am not talking just in lbs... There's the mental affect... There is the feeling like absolute **** the next day and then not hitting the gym... One day can destroy someone's routine...

It all comes down to what you want out of dieting... Some people diet cause they want to talk about it others and to fit in... Others do it because they want to improve their body... Sorry if I don't give the standard sugar coated MFP responses you guys are used too ..
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Counting - yes
    Caring - no
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, next question.

Says the guy with 2lbs lost on his ticker but 10k posts telling everyone how it's done...

IMO one day can throw off more than that day and I am not talking just in lbs... There's the mental affect... There is the feeling like absolute **** the next day and then not hitting the gym... One day can destroy someone's routine...

It all comes down to what you want out of dieting... Some people diet cause they want to talk about it others and to fit in... Others do it because they want to improve their body... Sorry if I don't give the standard sugar coated MFP responses you guys are used too ..

LOL @ the bolded.

As for the mental effect, that's where discipline is involved. If *you* (or others) need not to relax even one day because you (and others) know you lack the discipline to keep it at one day, then absolutely, don't relax...but don't preach to those who *do* have the discipline not to let that happen...

...and yet you frame it as you having greater discipline.

And another LOL @ the apology for lack of sugar coating for me.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Yes I will be. If I go over a little I won't beat myself up over it but counting and logging will ensure I don't go nuts and I make wise choices.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I would assume I would be considering it's a normal day like any other.
  • Milla098
    Options
    Me too. I'm not cooking so I can't be exact.