Guys only: What makes the perfect girlfriend?

Options

Replies

• Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'd like a girlfriend that has a sense of humour and doesn't take life too seriously, they'd have to be trustworthy/loyal, they would have to be considerate of others, they would have to want a fully committed relationship, they would have to allow me my own freedom from time to time, they'd have to be willing to put up with my flaws, they would have to have a kind/warm personality and they would have to be a great listener.

I'm sure that there are more, but I can't think of them right now.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    So...what kind of sammich should I make my awesome amazing boyfriend for dinner? Grilled steak? Roasted chicken? Marinated portabella?

Steak. And I'm your boyfriend now. Sounds delicious, sweetie.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Pretty, understanding, fun, funny etc those are all good but the ones that you can't forget is Let the MAN be a MAN let him order your food for you, let him do all the talking when it comes to business (of course yall will come to a decision together) Don't step on his toes when he is trying to declare he is the man of the house.. If he is a good guy by doing these things your needs will be meet in return (make you feel love, sexy, give you attention, pamper you etc..)

Ex. I was ordering at a restaurant and the person was not very clear about the menu so i was misunderstanding him, well my wife steps in and says just give us this, this and that........ OMG I had a bull sideways! (this was at the beginning of the relationship) i was pissed (i was trying to be the Man and order for my family and she stepped on my toes and made me look like a dumb *kitten*) and now when or if it happens she just sits quietly. I explained how it made me feel and that i didn't like that at all!

:huh:

Sounds like insecurity to me. If you want to be the man then be the man regardless of how other people act

Agreed.

Real men let their ladies speak up, meet goals, be successful and so much more. That's because it takes real man to not be threatened by a women's success and, instead, step up his own game.

clearly yall don't understand what im trying to say. My wife has a degree and i support her in every way. i'm still working on mine and i don't at all have a ego. she has her own side business that i support and even spend alot of money for the supplies she needs. If we are at a fancy restaurant i'll order for her cuz i feel that is the proper thing to do. If we are at a fast food place she will order for herself. I guess i wasn't clear on my part, my bad.

What you are saying here is not even close to what you said above at all.

To each his own but, in my opinion, if you need to order my food to practice your "man-ness" you're doing it wrong. If you need to declare you're the man of the house, you're doing it wrong.

Agreed.

Agree as well.

if i reminded you of any bad memories i apologize.. I just know.. several relationship with good men that their women didn't respect them and took them for granted and didn't let them be the man they were trying to be.. I don't know how is it in other states for cities, i'm not familiar with how other races are raised. i've been around Hispanics all my life we all share all the same thoughts and its not found as "wired" my sisters ex was white and i thought he was weird cuz we didn't think alike at all and were brought up way differently. He didn't work or provide either.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's a zombie thread!
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I'll describe my wife as I think she is a perfect fit for me...well she has been for the last 21 or so years anyway:

1. Thoughtful
    2. Caring
    3. Attractive
    4. Passionate
    5. Compromising- hey we all can't be right all the time u know
    6. Family first attitude
    7. Not big on shopping for useless crap that accumulates in the closet (and on the old cc bill)
    8. Appreciates my little gestures by saying thank you when I hold a door open for her or push in her seat at a restaurant
    9. Able ot put up with me for all these years (I have seriously not made it easy on her)
    10. And her greatest trait: Open to gawking at the hotties!! Come on, women love to look at other women but never admit it. My wife loves other women just have to find the right mix of woman, atmosphere and alcohol and we are good for a 3 way.

Ok so not a witty or silly post as most of the previous 9 or so pages, but honest and from someone who knows. All you single guys know **** about women, that's why you're still single.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    My top ten list:

!. Kind Hearted

2. Independent

3. Loves kids

4. Don't dwell in the past

5. Seeks to be one while remaining independent

6. Fit to some degree

7. Doesn't have to be overly attractive yet pleasing to the eye

8. Loves me for me

9. Always looking to a future with us - not selfish

10. Compliments who I am

Edited to add: This only decribes the top 10 for the wife I have been with for 23 plus years and married to for 22 in September this year. The bottom line, she makes me complete and that is as perfect as it gets.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    clearly yall don't understand what im trying to say. My wife has a degree and i support her in every way. i'm still working on mine and i don't at all have a ego. she has her own side business that i support and even spend alot of money for the supplies she needs. If we are at a fancy restaurant i'll order for her cuz i feel that is the proper thing to do. If we are at a fast food place she will order for herself. I guess i wasn't clear on my part, my bad.
    Maybe in your culture that counts as 'being manly'.
    Me, part of that would be confidence in a woman to make her own choices.

I DO know enough women that DO like men to choose for them - no doubt there's a genetic element to that there too.
    However, it seems in this case that wasn't the situation.

It can be charming. I've been on a couple dates with a guy I like and he does this sometimes. But if I step in and order for myself, he's certainly not going to be pissed about it or feel like less of a man. And if any guy ever tried to declare he was the man of the house, I'd laugh in his face. These things don't need to be declared if the presence is there (in a positive way of course).

It is a cultural thing. It's sort of like how the waiter automatically gives the check to the man if a man and woman are eating together (especially at upscale restaurants). It is not meant to imply that the woman is an idiot or that she can't pay. It is traditionally meant as an acknowledgement that the the man is treating the woman to dinner and is either recommending a certain dish for her or is ordering whatever she chose as a courtesy.

I would only have a problem with this if the guy was being a douche in general. If he's acting like having a penis makes him superior to me, okay, that's an issue, and there will not be another date. If he's taking me to a restaurant I've never been to and I can tell he's trying to impress me with his knowledge of the food and wine, his ability to choose something I will like, etc., then I'm going to relax and let him do his thing. I think you can actually learn a lot about a man in that scenario.
  • cparter
    Options
    Pretty, understanding, fun, funny etc those are all good but the ones that you can't forget is Let the MAN be a MAN let him order your food for you, let him do all the talking when it comes to business (of course yall will come to a decision together) Don't step on his toes when he is trying to declare he is the man of the house.. If he is a good guy by doing these things your needs will be meet in return (make you feel love, sexy, give you attention, pamper you etc..)

Ex. I was ordering at a restaurant and the person was not very clear about the menu so i was misunderstanding him, well my wife steps in and says just give us this, this and that........ OMG I had a bull sideways! (this was at the beginning of the relationship) i was pissed (i was trying to be the Man and order for my family and she stepped on my toes and made me look like a dumb *kitten*) and now when or if it happens she just sits quietly. I explained how it made me feel and that i didn't like that at all!

Far better that you be single than a woman suffer your antiquated sexist ideals.
    Agreed - this is absurb

I typically order for my wife because she is quiet and if I get what she told me wrong I am glad she speaks up and corrects me. If she would do all her own ordering, I don't think twice about it. I don't believe is ok to nick pick in any relationship (marriage or dating). The key word is compromise. Harboring unneccessary resentment and outdated thinking will get you no where fast. This guy deserves to be single.
  • cparter
    Options

Sounds like insecurity to me. If you want to be the man then be the man regardless of how other people act

Agreed.

Real men let their ladies speak up, meet goals, be successful and so much more. That's because it takes real man to not be threatened by a women's success and, instead, step up his own game.

I agree with you 100%

My EX-Husband, key word "Ex" so glad I ended that mess..was like that, he would always ***** that I wouldnt let him be the man of the house yet he did nothing to earn the position or take control. He wasnt working, wouldnt go to school and didnt do anything to support his family. I on the other hand make a decent salary, have three college degrees and i take care of the family. Then he complained he felt demasculated...please do something then maybe you will feel better about yourself dont try to bring me down for my success.
    ]
    We met too late in life. I am already taken but I would be in love with you if she would not have beaten you to me :love:
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    As long as she doesn't tell me what to do then I am happy.

It's a woman bro. That comes with the territory.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    So prior/current employment at subway has been covered?.... I do kid
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    What qualities does a woman need to have to be the perfect girlfriend for YOU?
    She's not my girlfriend, but my wife now.

Very intelligent
    Very unselfish
    Very disciplined
    Very affectionate

Makes a damn good sandwich.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Beastmode454
    Options
    UMmmm.. Ok
  • Beastmode454
    Options
    Maybe in your culture that counts as 'being manly'.
    Me, part of that would be confidence in a woman to make her own choices.

I DO know enough women that DO like men to choose for them - no doubt there's a genetic element to that there too.
    However, it seems in this case that wasn't the situation.

It can be charming. I've been on a couple dates with a guy I like and he does this sometimes. But if I step in and order for myself, he's certainly not going to be pissed about it or feel like less of a man. And if any guy ever tried to declare he was the man of the house, I'd laugh in his face. These things don't need to be declared if the presence is there (in a positive way of course).

It is a cultural thing. It's sort of like how the waiter automatically gives the check to the man if a man and woman are eating together (especially at upscale restaurants). It is not meant to imply that the woman is an idiot or that she can't pay. It is traditionally meant as an acknowledgement that the the man is treating the woman to dinner and is either recommending a certain dish for her or is ordering whatever she chose as a courtesy.

I would only have a problem with this if the guy was being a douche in general. If he's acting like having a penis makes him superior to me, okay, that's an issue, and there will not be another date. If he's taking me to a restaurant I've never been to and I can tell he's trying to impress me with his knowledge of the food and wine, his ability to choose something I will like, etc., then I'm going to relax and let him do his thing. I think you can actually learn a lot about a man in that scenario.

Yes! its usually the case that my wife likes my meal way more and will usually tell me to order for her cuz i cook for her all the time and i know her taste in food, especially when it comes to new place and types of food.
  • cparter
    Options
    UMmmm.. Ok

Maybe you are not a great communicator and we are reading you wrong. Live your life whether we agree or disagree. Just not how I think for certain.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    WHAT?1?! TRIPPLE posted???? LOL!!! What was I doing????
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options
    whoops.... double posted by mistake!
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options

Agreed.

I agree with you 100%

My EX-Husband, key word "Ex" so glad I ended that mess..was like that, he would always ***** that I wouldnt let him be the man of the house yet he did nothing to earn the position or take control. He wasnt working, wouldnt go to school and didnt do anything to support his family. I on the other hand make a decent salary, have three college degrees and i take care of the family. Then he complained he felt demasculated...please do something then maybe you will feel better about yourself dont try to bring me down for my success.

were you and I married to the same ex?????? jk but not really! was married to him for 22 years, I have 3 degrees, he was injured at work in 1999 but got better. he CHOSE not to work, I made all the money for the family (one son together). He would not go to school or do anything to support us at all. I worked two jobs, he told me to get a third, I refused! He also complained, said he felt demasculated. Tried to take his life a couple times. Drank excessively. He now lives in a halfway house. He always put me down in public and in private calling me names and whatever. It got to the point that I never wanted to go anywhere with him! We were at a NYE party with a bunch of friends, he even pushed me down to the floor while saying rude things to me in front of others that night. Others saw it and came to my aide and he just sat there continuing his conversation with another person. a-hole!

Trust me, I'm all for letting the man be the man, but don't put me down to make you feel better about yourself - PLEASE!

ETA... the final kicker... the judge ordered me to pay that *kitten* $600 per month permanent alimony!!! :explode:
  • rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    First off, I don't think there is a perfect BF or GF. But what I look for.......

1. Attractive to me
    2. Loving
    3. Loyal
    4. Good sense of humor
    5. Sexual
    6. Is not an over talker
    7. Educated
    8. Take care of her body/health
    9. Understanding
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    What qualities does a woman need to have to be the perfect girlfriend for YOU?

Not desperate... so a girl who doesn't ask this question.