Guys only: What makes the perfect girlfriend?

Options

Replies

• Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Pretty, understanding, fun, funny etc those are all good but the ones that you can't forget is Let the MAN be a MAN let him order your food for you, let him do all the talking when it comes to business (of course yall will come to a decision together) Don't step on his toes when he is trying to declare he is the man of the house.. If he is a good guy by doing these things your needs will be meet in return (make you feel love, sexy, give you attention, pamper you etc..)

Ex. I was ordering at a restaurant and the person was not very clear about the menu so i was misunderstanding him, well my wife steps in and says just give us this, this and that........ OMG I had a bull sideways! (this was at the beginning of the relationship) i was pissed (i was trying to be the Man and order for my family and she stepped on my toes and made me look like a dumb *kitten*) and now when or if it happens she just sits quietly. I explained how it made me feel and that i didn't like that at all!

:huh:

Sounds like insecurity to me. If you want to be the man then be the man regardless of how other people act

No not all... If you understand what i mean there are things that make a lady feel like a lady and the same thing with a man. Some woman dont like it if a their boyfriend or husband make them feel a certain way and express that. thats all. but i'm Hispanic and my wife is the same. i can say this to all they other couples i know of in this area and they all agree.. so maybe its a cultural thing and i didn't realize it till now.
  • Beastmode454
    Options
    Pretty, understanding, fun, funny etc those are all good but the ones that you can't forget is Let the MAN be a MAN let him order your food for you, let him do all the talking when it comes to business (of course yall will come to a decision together) Don't step on his toes when he is trying to declare he is the man of the house.. If he is a good guy by doing these things your needs will be meet in return (make you feel love, sexy, give you attention, pamper you etc..)

Ex. I was ordering at a restaurant and the person was not very clear about the menu so i was misunderstanding him, well my wife steps in and says just give us this, this and that........ OMG I had a bull sideways! (this was at the beginning of the relationship) i was pissed (i was trying to be the Man and order for my family and she stepped on my toes and made me look like a dumb *kitten*) and now when or if it happens she just sits quietly. I explained how it made me feel and that i didn't like that at all!

Sounds like insecurity to me. If you want to be the man then be the man regardless of how other people act

Agreed.

Real men let their ladies speak up, meet goals, be successful and so much more. That's because it takes real man to not be threatened by a women's success and, instead, step up his own game.

clearly yall don't understand what im trying to say. My wife has a degree and i support her in every way. i'm still working on mine and i don't at all have a ego. she has her own side business that i support and even spend alot of money for the supplies she needs. If we are at a fancy restaurant i'll order for her cuz i feel that is the proper thing to do. If we are at a fast food place she will order for herself. I guess i wasn't clear on my part, my bad.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options

Agreed.

Real men let their ladies speak up, meet goals, be successful and so much more. That's because it takes real man to not be threatened by a women's success and, instead, step up his own game.

I agree with you 100%

My EX-Husband, key word "Ex" so glad I ended that mess..was like that, he would always ***** that I wouldnt let him be the man of the house yet he did nothing to earn the position or take control. He wasnt working, wouldnt go to school and didnt do anything to support his family. I on the other hand make a decent salary, have three college degrees and i take care of the family. Then he complained he felt demasculated...please do something then maybe you will feel better about yourself dont try to bring me down for my success.
  • GC527
    GC527 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Money and at least one hole.

keep it classy :laugh:
  • Beastmode454
    Options

Agreed.

I agree with you 100%

My EX-Husband, key word "Ex" so glad I ended that mess..was like that, he would always ***** that I wouldnt let him be the man of the house yet he did nothing to earn the position or take control. He wasnt working, wouldnt go to school and didnt do anything to support his family. I on the other hand make a decent salary, have three college degrees and i take care of the family. Then he complained he felt demasculated...please do something then maybe you will feel better about yourself dont try to bring me down for my success.

Thats great! I agree.. the man of the house should support his family and thats what i do. I work full time and do odd jobs for extra income. my wife is a stay at home mother and runs her jewelry business from there. She has her degree and said "babe i know we talked about me using my degree but after having our daughter i would much rather stay home and raise her" i agreed and its been that way for the past three years.. I just need a lil more college time to apply for a better job and continue to support my family. I guess its easy to assume how a person is at first glance and not really taking a look into that persons life. Your "EX" doesn't sound anything like me.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Loving
    caring
    loyal
    faithful
    understanding
    trustworthy
    always there for me when I need her
    Will always love me for me no matter what
    Will always make time for me
    will want to do everything and anything to be with me
    loves a romantic
    loves and wants kids
    wants marriage in future
    loves the outdoors
    will text me and talk to me on phone
    loves a guy who is great in bedroom

A good friend of mine blocked you for being too forward and disrespectful... I don't know you, but based on what she told me, this is an unrealistic list of requirements for you.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Agreed.

clearly yall don't understand what im trying to say. My wife has a degree and i support her in every way. i'm still working on mine and i don't at all have a ego. she has her own side business that i support and even spend alot of money for the supplies she needs. If we are at a fancy restaurant i'll order for her cuz i feel that is the proper thing to do. If we are at a fast food place she will order for herself. I guess i wasn't clear on my part, my bad.

What you are saying here is not even close to what you said above at all.

To each his own but, in my opinion, if you need to order my food to practice your "man-ness" you're doing it wrong. If you need to declare you're the man of the house, you're doing it wrong.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Maybe in your culture that counts as 'being manly'.
    Me, part of that would be confidence in a woman to make her own choices.

I DO know enough women that DO like men to choose for them - no doubt there's a genetic element to that there too.
    However, it seems in this case that wasn't the situation.
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Intelligent and very independent. Will only make me a sandwich and get me a beer if she wants to, not because I told her to. I do not need or desire a woman who would be submissive to an overbearing *kitten*. I like it when they can think and do for themselves, which is exactly how I raised my daughters.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Maybe in your culture that counts as 'being manly'.
    Me, part of that would be confidence in a woman to make her own choices.

I DO know enough women that DO like men to choose for them - no doubt there's a genetic element to that there too.
    However, it seems in this case that wasn't the situation.

It can be charming. I've been on a couple dates with a guy I like and he does this sometimes. But if I step in and order for myself, he's certainly not going to be pissed about it or feel like less of a man. And if any guy ever tried to declare he was the man of the house, I'd laugh in his face. These things don't need to be declared if the presence is there (in a positive way of course).
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    One that is secure, trusting, & a beautiful soul.

One that can appreciate being treated well and not take it for granted.

One that will attempt to go make a sammich even though her legs are like jelly.
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options

Agreed.

I agree with you 100%

Thats great! I agree.. the man of the house should support his family and thats what i do. I work full time and do odd jobs for extra income. my wife is a stay at home mother and runs her jewelry business from there. She has her degree and said "babe i know we talked about me using my degree but after having our daughter i would much rather stay home and raise her" i agreed and its been that way for the past three years.. I just need a lil more college time to apply for a better job and continue to support my family. I guess its easy to assume how a person is at first glance and not really taking a look into that persons life. Your "EX" doesn't sound anything like me.

I wasnt saying you were like my ex sorry if you took it that way. I was saying I hate it when guys say "Let me be a man" If your the man be the man no a woman shouldnt need to walk on egg shells to make sure your secure with your man hood
  • Beastmode454
    Options

Agreed.

To each his own but, in my opinion, if you need to order my food to practice your "man-ness" you're doing it wrong. If you need to declare you're the man of the house, you're doing it wrong.

I did post it wrong. I typed it out understanding how i was raised and what kind of man i am and all the sacrifices i have made and will continue to make for my family. I can understand how you read this and it came off wrong. i didn't want to type a huge book. but in your own eyes you always understand how you meant it. ya know?
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options

Agreed.

Agreed.
  • spsanderson
    spsanderson Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hands down, being secure with herself, insecurity and jealousy are the worst traits.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    So...what kind of sammich should I make my awesome amazing boyfriend for dinner? Grilled steak? Roasted chicken? Marinated portabella?
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    KINDNESS.

Taking joy in doing for others, as opposed to being focused on whats in it for oneself.

Materialism is a deal breaker.

Loyalty.

Honesty,

Trustworthiness.

So...basically a woman who does not exist. :D
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Far better that you be single than a woman suffer your antiquated sexist ideals.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    A mind of her own, but smart enough to know I am almost always right.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    blonde hair....5' or less