Angry with Husband

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I use to hate when family members only bought regular ice tea/soda but would drink my diet ice tea/soda when they ran out.

This is the issue really. Runs out of regular soda, drinks my diet stuff. Runs out of muffins, eats mine. Runs out of gelato, eats the slow churned vanilla. These are things he would normally never consider bu all of a sudden he's on them like A. They're the only thing around (not true) B. He can't drive to the store and C. He doesn't know how to cook his own food. Which he does. He makes his own breakfast every morning (I generally am against waking up at 4am to attempt to cook, so he's gotta fend for himself)

I mean, it's bad enough I can't have the 400 calorie muffins he eats, but then he has to nom all of mine too. He clearly doesn't appreciate the large TDEE he's been graced with.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Kennel train him.

Agreed. That way you can just throw some food on the floor in there.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Seriously though, I'd be mad too. Food is sacred. Do not touch my food unless I have given you permission.

Knowing you, you wouldn't have married a *totally* unreasonable guy. I vote you simply tell him to stop touching your food, or you will delete his most prized WoW character.

Touch my muffins again and Dishanky gets the ax?

This could work. Get him right where it matters: his gaming.

You guys are entering sociopath territory

Drastic measures!

Kennel train him.

No, that actually sounds like something he'd enjoy.
  • kristibusque
    kristibusque Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I actually laughed out loud - awesome advice!

Hide it! :laugh:
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If divorce is not option, I agree with the coyote method previously posted. Make some DECOY food. It doesn't even have to be good food. Make some nasty recipe you absolutely loathe and purposefully leave it out for him to steal away. Hide YOUR food if you have to. My husband also tends to polish off the things (before I even get a chance to touch them) without me knowing, and next morning, surprise, it's all gone. I've started to hide me "treats" under other things that are much less appetizing, like Kidney beans. lol.

ETA: My husband has "On the top" eyes. Meaning if he sees food on the top (in the fridge/freezer/cabinet) that looks yummy, he will eat it. Hence the putting your stuff on the bottom.

^^ This...kind of...my fiance is a grazer...if he can see it he eats it, and it isn't even necessarily a conscious action. (Dam* his metabolism!!!!) Asking him to stop wasn't working so I now hide my low cal or special food. Almond milk is in the back of the fridge so he has to move his full gallon of regular milk to get to it. My fresh fruit stays in a basket at work with me as well as any other foods I might eat for lunch (I have a drawer in my desk that is my "lunch" drawer). I have an entire cabinet of snack food for him, and anything that I might have especially for me, like my OatFit oatmeal, etc. goes in the cabinet with the canned veggies that he never touches. My cans of sparkling water go in the laundry room while his regular soda stays out in the snack cupboard. It seems like extra work but it keeps me from getting mad at him, and since everything else in our relationship goes relatively smoothly I would rather do the extra work and avoid the fight. For the most part "out of sight out of mind" works pretty well.

Get a combination lock for your own special cabinet??
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Is he aware of how you feel about this? Seems like a problem that could be easily solved by just saying "I'm putting a green sticker on the food that is mine. Please don't eat the food that has a green sticker."

He would probably just eat the green sticker. Men.

I am appalled at your overgeneralization of Men. You think you're too for school. But I've got a newsflash for you Mr. Walter Kronkite....you aren't

giphy.gif

You are a hottie.

Does that help? *wiggles eyebrows*
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I use to hate when family members only bought regular ice tea/soda but would drink my diet ice tea/soda when they ran out.

This is the issue really. Runs out of regular soda, drinks my diet stuff. Runs out of muffins, eats mine. Runs out of gelato, eats the slow churned vanilla. These are things he would normally never consider bu all of a sudden he's on them like A. They're the only thing around (not true) B. He can't drive to the store and C. He doesn't know how to cook his own food. Which he does. He makes his own breakfast every morning (I generally am against waking up at 4am to attempt to cook, so he's gotta fend for himself)

I mean, it's bad enough I can't have the 400 calorie muffins he eats, but then he has to nom all of mine too. He clearly doesn't appreciate the large TDEE he's been graced with.

I would probably stop buying my stuff and eat 1/2 portions of his stuff to prove a point, but i am spiteful like that.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I'm only here because I've given you two cakes and you work at See's, FCS.

I do not understand the problem with this guy.

WPT.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Oh my! That would P me off so much! I agree he needs to stop. I guess the only thing that I can think of is to guard you food. What does he say when you ask him to stop? My husband will eat anything and everything without even thinking, but he does it without even thinking. So he had to really try harder when he decided to start bullking to make sure he was getting all his macros and stuff.

I told him to back off of my food after the muffin debacle (SIX!!) and he said he needed the muffins more than me, and that'd he'd left me 2. Totally unapologetic.

I'm gonna start taking my plates to the bathroom with me I think. it's the only way.

God, he sounds like a nightmare. :noway:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Talk to your husband?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I have to go, but with Adini working a lot i believe there is actually only one answer to your question.

JUST. BREAK. UP.

bye bye
  • Achrya
    Options
    I'm only here because I've given you two cakes and you work at See's, FCS.

I do not understand the problem with this guy.

WPT.

You know, he eats my See's too. I brought home some almond buds and he saw the bag in my purse and had it out and taken to his computer corner before I'd gotten my shoes off.

In his defense though they were for him. But he didn't know that!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    It happens. They don't think.
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    Silver lining: Soon the pounds will be melting off, simply because you won't be eating anything. Then your hubby will finally bulk up.

WIN WIN!

Gawd, OP. Why even bother posting? This clearly isn't an issue.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Talk to your husband?

I did talk to him! I asked him why he ate all my muffins and he just blew me off. Do you think coming to the internet was my first solution? What kind of person do you think I am?
    Silver lining: Soon the pounds will be melting off, simply because you won't be eating anything. Then your hubby will finally bulk up.

WIN WIN!

Hmm. When you put it like that it makes all kinds of sense. Maybe he's just trying to help me out?
  • kyleekay10
    Options

WIN WIN!

Hmm. When you put it like that it makes all kinds of sense. Maybe he's just trying to help me out?

You guys are in this together and for the same reason, of course he's trying to help you on your journey. You're just acting like a bully.
  • atcross
    atcross Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize! My husband is a competitive power-lifter and as such has much higher calorie requirements than I do. Now, he can't just eat whatever he wants and not gain fat, but he does get to eat (I estimate) 3500-4000 cal/day and maintain. Meanwhile I'm over here netting 1200 cal/day and still losing less than 1lb/week. It feels so unfair! Also, I know that I am able to exercise control at the grocery store by not buying the foods I know I'll be tempted to overindulge in. But HE wants/needs these foods, and once they're in the house it's MUCH harder for me to resist them. That is how I managed to gain 40 lbs in 4 yrs of marriage! I've lost 10 now but it's painfully slow and very frustrating!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    But eating my good?! That's just rude and inconsiderate.

I personally like when my good is eaten. :smokin: :drinker:

OK I just busted out laughing at this!!! LOL!!! I know that's right!!!! And the problem would be....:bigsmile:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Now i want almond buds, muffins, sees candy, pizza , grilled cheese sandwich and what not! Thanks OP :angry:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    But eating my good?! That's just rude and inconsiderate.

I personally like when my good is eaten. :smokin: :drinker:

OK I just busted out laughing at this!!! LOL!!! I know that's right!!!! And the problem would be....:bigsmile:

If he eats all her good, there is not enough good in the world to go around?

This is one of my personal theories when people get all uptight because someone else got something good.

Why you hatin'? There is more than enough good to go around. The more good, the better.