What are you eating for Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I host and cook Thanksgiving every year - I make it all - :)

Turkey
    Roast beef - ( because we do ham christmas)
    mashed potatos - gravy
    stuffing
    sweet potato
    cheesy hashbrowns
    corn on the cob - mini
    green bean casserole
    dinner rolls and bicuits
    italian pasta salad
    deviled eggs
    veggie tray
    olives
    oreo fluff
    raspberry whip
    cranberries
    pecan pie
    pumpkin cheesecake
    chocolate peanutbutter pie
    and of course cuz there wont b enuf to eat lol - i have nuts and candy dishes out too lol :)

Can I come over? :bigsmile:

Sure - u can - the more the merrier:drinker: :laugh: and thanks

I'm going to spend the next week praying my mom makes a similar menu :laugh:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Fried fish (in cornmeal)
    Hush puppies
    Spanish rice
    Chocolate bourbon pecan pie
    Homemade ice cream
    Vodka
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    TRYPTOPHAN!!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    ALL THE FOOD!!!!! I work out too hard to not enjoy my food a few times a year. No guilt! Just enjoy comfortable amounts of the food I want. I'll run 8 miles or so the next day.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Turkey, wine, cornbread and sausage stuffing, wine, pie, wine.....you get the point! :drinker:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Turkey, mashed potatoes, probably a pie. Who knows what else?
  • Kwas260
    Kwas260 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A little bit of everything. No need to get button-popping stuffed. No need to feel deprived. Win win.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, and green bean casserole!!!!! :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    What ever I choose on the day. Don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, thank goodness. Just another holiday with food temptations (for me)
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    FOOD

ALL OF IT

and

PIE
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am making, and eating:

Roast Goose with caraway, with it's own grease as gravy
    Zeli (sweet and sour cabbage)
    Dumplings
    Pear Salad
    Mashed potatoes
    Roasted Brussels sprouts
    and Sweet Potato Pie, with real whipped cream.

Yay! Thanksgiving is my favorite day of eating of the year!
  • _SantaClause_
    _SantaClause_ Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian. I have no problem finding enough to eat without there ever being Tofurkey.

As to the question about replacing meat with non-meat, sometimes we just like that stuff and it's an easy way to get protein. I don't eat animal flesh because I feel bad that an animal died so I could eat. But I still like the taste. It really isn't your business why anyone eats or doesn't eat certain things.

I don't care if you eat bird feathers and slug trails. beans and rice- sprouts and spinach. Whatever you want to eat- dirt- eat dirt for all I care. dirt- purified water and the tears of unicorns.

really I don't. What you want to eat is totally your business. I don't give a flying fck and never implied that I did. So you can back off the attitude thinking I'm judging you about your personal choices.

But I don't understand why it's "tofurkey" it's not a turkey- it's tofu. If you don't eat meat- why are they calling it meat? It's completely 100% illogical to me as to why you would call it that.

There is an entire market of food that's labelled as fake MEAT... something many people have a hard time eating because of moral and ethicals reasons. To me it's wildly confusing and contradictory to eat a fake product labelled after something they have moral and ethical issues with- I don't care about subbing in food or whatever- but it seems backwards and almost hypocritical.

I don't know- it's completely none nonsensical to me. Eat all the fake turkey you want. go right ahead. I was actually asking because I was curious if anyone had an actual answer for why they are okay with that- but whatever.

My dead turkey doesn't care if I eat it... it's dead. I'll enjoy mine you enjoy your's- and we'll call it a day!

You sure care a lot about what she calls a turkey...you need to calm yourse.f
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian. I have no problem finding enough to eat without there ever being Tofurkey.

As to the question about replacing meat with non-meat, sometimes we just like that stuff and it's an easy way to get protein. I don't eat animal flesh because I feel bad that an animal died so I could eat. But I still like the taste. It really isn't your business why anyone eats or doesn't eat certain things.

I don't care if you eat bird feathers and slug trails. beans and rice- sprouts and spinach. Whatever you want to eat- dirt- eat dirt for all I care. dirt- purified water and the tears of unicorns.

really I don't. What you want to eat is totally your business. I don't give a flying fck and never implied that I did. So you can back off the attitude thinking I'm judging you about your personal choices.

But I don't understand why it's "tofurkey" it's not a turkey- it's tofu. If you don't eat meat- why are they calling it meat? It's completely 100% illogical to me as to why you would call it that.

There is an entire market of food that's labelled as fake MEAT... something many people have a hard time eating because of moral and ethicals reasons. To me it's wildly confusing and contradictory to eat a fake product labelled after something they have moral and ethical issues with- I don't care about subbing in food or whatever- but it seems backwards and almost hypocritical.

I don't know- it's completely none nonsensical to me. Eat all the fake turkey you want. go right ahead. I was actually asking because I was curious if anyone had an actual answer for why they are okay with that- but whatever.

My dead turkey doesn't care if I eat it... it's dead. I'll enjoy mine you enjoy your's- and we'll call it a day!

its supposed to be funny. its just a name. calm. down
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's one day...I'm not going to worry about it...just like I didn't worry about it last year and still hit my goal BF% earlier than anticipated. Your health, nutrition, fitness, etc is not predicated on what you do for one day or a handful of special occasions throughout the year...it is predicated on what you're doing most of the time.

IMHO you should enjoy the day...give thanks for all of the blessings in your life and enjoy the time with your family and friends. Life is full of hustle and bustle, sometimes it's nice to just sit down with everyone and celebrate all that is good in our lives.

THIS! Thank you! I have been going over and over what I am going to cook for my husbands family since they are wrapped up with moving his elderly aunt into hospice care I've been worried how I am going to cook their traditional dinner while staying on course for me. This is a very hard time for his family and I should be thankful I am here to help and cook for them when no one else is. I have a lot to be thankful for and I should focus on that as this one day will not determine the rest of my weight loss journey!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

its supposed to be funny. its just a name. calm. down

You're not alone. Nor do I understand why they make it look like a turkey. It's just weird.

Meh, it doesn't seem any weirder to me than putting marshmallows on sweet potatoes or a can of soup on green beans or making pudding from blood or any of a few dozen other weird foods people eat regularly. It's all just food. And weird is just an opinion.
  • Bethie_J
    Bethie_J Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    All. The. Food.

And just when the painfully full feeling starts to wane, I shall have more pie.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    We will be having:

Deviled eggs
    veggie tray w/ dill dip

Turkey
    Stuffing (regular and oyster)
    Mashed white vegetables (potatoes, turnips, cauliflower)
    Gravy
    Roasted sweet potatoes
    Balsamic glazed Cipollini onions
    Cranberry salad
    Collard greens
    Yeast rolls
    Broccoli casserole

Pumpkin pie w/ spiced whipped cream
    Pecan Pie

A variety of red and white wines, beer, water, milk and iced tea will be available.

I will likely have some of everything. I have no minimum or maximum number of calories I am shooting for. I just plan to enjoy a meal with my family. A big meal, but not some weird "I must eat X amount of calories" binge or forced eating fest.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Whatever i want.

I'm not going to lose my progress in one meal and neither are you.

ETA our menu:

turkey
    Kings Hawaiian bread with veggie dip
    green bean casserole
    7 layer salad
    mashed potatoes
    corn casserole
    1-bite cheesecake tarts (made by my fiance)
    pumpkin and pecan pies