What was your "moment"?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• darlingdeardc
    Options
    Well last year I got told the for the first time that I have extremely high blood pressure so bad I was stroke level and I'm only 25 and now I have to a pills for that. I've been asked so many times in stores if I was okay because I would get so flushed from walking around. But it wasn't until a month ago where It just hit me I can't explain it but something came over me and I thought I had to do this now or never. Started off by dropping all drinks besides water. Then gradually got in to excising and now I'm eating much healthier.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mine was simply a picture of myself with my in-laws this past Christmas...I knew I had baby weight to lose from last May...but holy hell I had no idea how bad I actually was looking until I saw that picture.
  • Flmahi
    Flmahi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In June of 2013 my wife of my three kids and 15 years left work and felt a little short of breath. She went to a walk in clinic at work and they immediately sent her to the hospital. She thought she was coming down with an upper respitory infection but turned out after being on "the pill" for over 10 years she had delveloped a blood clot in her leg which traveled to her lung and set up shop. The clot was so large she had lost all ability to breathe from her left lung. After a week in intensive care and almost two full weeks in the hospital I realized I didn't want the scare. Mini Stroke, heart attack etc. I started the week she got home. I had tried MFP before and lost about 20lbs but stopped and put all the weight back on when we went on vacation. The problem was the last time I did it, I tried it with no exercise. The week she came home I went for a two mile walk. It took me 45minutes to do. I stuck with it and now I can do it in almost 30 minutes. The day before Thanksgiving I went to the doctor and was shocked to learn that my blood pressure had dropped to 140/70, my cholesterol was 135, sugar was 75, resting heart rate was 68 and for the first time since we had gotten married I was under 300lbs. I got a bike for Christmas and have now incorporated that into my work outs. Now at 8 pants sizes smaller, 2 shirt sizes smaller, and 87lbs lighter everyone wants to know "How did you do it"? It's not easy but if you look at it as a way of life and not a diet, it gets easier every day.
  • serialifter
    serialifter Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Well I did not really have a "moment" but there was a lot of things going wrong in my life. I was pushed aginst the wall and it was a very unhappy place to be.

So I thought something had to go right in my life. Then @ 330 LBS i decided to join the gym and lose all the extra body weight. Not knowing what my weight was i got on the weight machine.

Seeing 330 did not bother me, i just smiled to myself and saif, "wow this will take some time".

Curretly at 210, I see the world with a different pair of glasses. Some people are proud, some are shallow and some our jealous.

LIfe is not about where we are right now but about how we can reach where we want to.

So there is no "moment", just an average guy tring to make the best of the ****ty situtaion he was in.
  • BayBom
    BayBom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Got sick of sitting thinking about it & beating myself up. Realised that I am the only one who can do this. I live in a rural area so no town gym nearby or GF's to drop in on for support. Only been 'at it' for a few days but an determined, & look fwd to my exercise sessions each day now. Still getting my diet side under control ( wish I HAD more control!!) but am at least on the 'right' side of getting there :-)
  • serialifter
    serialifter Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    If you continue with your grit and determination you will easily reach your goals and then some!!!!!
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Just remembered my real MOMENT way back. I was skinny until my teens, a few of my friends moved away and I wasn't good at making new ones, I got pretty stocky @ 181lbs and a teen ager. I got in an argument with my mom one day she she called me fat. I had never thought of myself as fat or out of shape but at that moment I became fully aware of my image. I went full rocky, did a 30something hour water fast then cut out soda, juice and any meat that wasn't chicken. I lost 30lbs in a month and my doctor accused me of being on drugs, tested me and of course I was clean LOL.

If only I knew then what I know now about diet and training, I'd look like Zyzz already