Should GIRLS do weight training?? in front of guys

Options
1235»

Replies

• dianamatienzo
    Options
    If they are staring, it's probably because of the fact that there's a girl there AND you're using light weights. Doing such light weight with so many reps isn't going to get you very far; I recommend going heavy and you'll get more optimum results. With that said, don't give a DAMN about what others think :) If you want to do light weights with lots or reps, DO IT. Wanna change up your routine and go heavier on weights, DO IT! Be confident and show those guys that you care about your health and not about any negative thoughts they may have (although I can assure you a lot of the looks are those of admiration ^_^). I squat, deadlift, row, bench, and do everything the guys do, and I'm proud (because honestly, I have better form and a better program than most of them; so they can look "down" on me all they want. They're the ones who look like fools ;D)! But really, do you! And be confident in what you do :)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I'm going to marry a woman who lifts heavy.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that:

a) I'm no longer young.
    b) I no longer care "what guys think"
    c) I don't go to gyms.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Who's to say that they're not just enjoying the view?

That said, generally when I see a lady step into the power rack and/or Olympic platform, I'm usually just thinking, "awesome"

But really, if you're just lifting really light weights for tons of reps....I'm probably shaking my head and wondering why you're waisting you're time.
  • upacreek
    Options
    I went to the gym, hired a trainer, and we did all of the training on the "manly" side of the gym. I do a lot of lifting along with the guys now. And lots of times I have better form. Haha They really don't care. And the ones that give you a snarky look, well they give that look to everyone. So who cares. You know you're beautiful. They're lucky to have you there!
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Okay I'm 18 years old and I've done weight training (light reps, e.g. 10 kg lunge weight) but with more than 800 reps in a single workout (which includes both upper and lower body). Therefore it's high reps and low weight training.

What do guys actually think of girls who weight train?
    a) ARGHH she's trying to get buff and it's not looking good
    b) those weights are light pfft
    c) oh a girl who isn't doing cardio, interesting
    d) she's trying to hang out with guys
    e) that's awesome

Thanks!!
    I just have to say, nobody will ever look at a girl doing 10kg lunges and think option a.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Sure do your thing. Don't let anyone or anything stop you from getting where you want to be. How do you know they weren't just admiring the view?
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What do guys actually think of girls who weight train?
    a) ARGHH she's trying to get buff and it's not looking good
    b) those weights are light pfft
    c) oh a girl who isn't doing cardio, interesting
    d) she's trying to hang out with guys
    e) that's awesome

Thanks!!

F) None of the Above

When I used to work out at a gym I wished the ladies would leave so I could get a work out in as they were pretty damn distracting. Take that milkshake to another yard please so I can concentrate on my workout. Thank you!
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Who really cares what they think? I know I don't. I am there for me!

Do they stare? Yep. Do I get in there way? Yep and they also get in MY way. Do they think it's awesome I lift? Yep!
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Who really cares what they think? I know I don't. I am there for me!

Do they stare? Yep. Do I get in there way? Yep and they also get in MY way. Do they think it's awesome I lift? Yep!

Can you go somewhere else please? Im trying to workout over here!