Can you guess me weight?

Options

Replies

• mfu3919
    Options

No I want assurance that I actually look the amount that I weigh.
    Seriously why can't I ask a question that tons of people on mfp have asked before?

Actually, that's a fair point. Why is it fishing for a slim person to ask that question when it isn't for someone who is actually overweight? We all have our body issues, noone walks around feeling 100% perfect all the time (or if they do I don't wanna know them - weirdos!) and we all need reassurance sometimes.

OP - I'm the same height as you, and am 142. I looked bigger than you when I was 135 so I'm going for around 120-125. You don't need to lose weight, you even NEED to gain muscle - you look stunning. But, if you are unhappy with your tiny amount of belly fat (women naturally have that, and I personally think it's actually kinda cute) then you may want to consider weight lifting rather than drastic calorie cutting and cardio style routines which will just make you skinnier all over which will possibly look a little extreme on you.

Aw thank you someone understands! Yes I do have a goal for a number but my goal is quite similar to yours...I need to fit those clothes again! I gained a couple of pounds last year from stress so I'm just trying to lose that. I'll try to gain muscle but that's quite difficult for an Asian...Good luck with your goals!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Fishing for compliments?

DYEL?

NO I'm not fishing for compliments. I'm trying to understand why most people overestimate my weight and get motivation to get fit/lose weight.

Still fishing.

Do you mean to tell me you want strangers on the internet to call you fat so that you can be more motivated to get even skinner than you are?

For the lolz, right?

Totally fishing!
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You came on here because you gained 2 pounds? :yawn:
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Seriously why does it even matter ? I'm not going to hate on you for putting this thread up but seriously no one goes around with a number on their head reflecting their weight so why does what other people think you weigh important , it's extremely hard to guess anyone's weight because there's so many factors that go into it
    Having a personal goal for a weight you'd like to weigh is a personal choice so if that makes you happy so be it but seriously body composition is the best judgement of how someone looks

And why does Asians have a harder time gaining muscle ? Sorry not being smart but I've seen some pretty ripped Asians, just curious where that comes from ?
  • Wilhellmina
    Options

:laugh:
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Guyssss.. where is all this hate coming from? fishing for compliments or not this is supposed to be a friendly, supportive environment. Not a "slate me" page. Maybe she needs somebody to tell her ow a stranger sees her. i mean it is difficult to look at yourself through somebody elses eyes, so maybe she is just trying to get some perspective on her body and appearance. and even if she is fishing for a compliment or two, there is nothing wrong with it. it is nice to hear from people that you look good. so give it to her. i mean she had the balls to post a picture of herself in a public forum. that takes some courage.
    and what is the difference why she came on here? 2 pounds gain or 20 pounds?! i see he logic. it is easier to "catch it" early and deal with extra 2 pounds then 20!

my point is:

MORE LOVE, LESS HATE

<3
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I think you look great and don't need to loose anything at all, or worry about people guessing your weight.
  • copselily
    Options

Do we get pimp slapped across the interwebs if we guess high?

no but it will motivate me to lose weight!

I think you're looking for motivation in the wrong place!

Don't be too fixated on weight. Also, if you 'tone' up, you could even weigh the same or weigh more even though you're still losing fat.

Just do your thing and quit turning to others for approval :flowerforyou:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Asking people to guess your weight is pointless. Unless you plan to carry a scale around with you everywhere so people can see how much you weigh - pointless to worry about it. Body composition is another matter. Instead of asking people on the internet - why not just work on being the best you can be? Be healthy, learn to love yourself. That's when you will be able to be happy with your body. Until then? Getting strangers to comment on your body is only going to lead to more problems with your self esteem.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

How is that funny? In asian culture there is often extreme pressure for women to remain very thin due to the somewhat misguided belief that genetically it is more difficult for asian people to be overweight. You shouldnt mock someone because there bar is set at a different height than your own #justsaying

Id say you weigh around 100lbs, youre tiny.
  • onmyown326
    Options
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you are curious about weight, why not just use a scale..?
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Fishing for compliments?

DYEL?

NO I'm not fishing for compliments. I'm trying to understand why most people overestimate my weight and get motivation to get fit/lose weight.
    Assurance...that's the problem. If you look to others to be assured, you'll never be, because everyone's perception is different. Some people thought you were 110, some thought 135. That's 25 lbs difference. Its easier to just learn how to assure yourself. I know its hard.

Still fishing.

Do you mean to tell me you want strangers on the internet to call you fat so that you can be more motivated to get even skinner than you are?

For the lolz, right?

Seriously why can't I ask a question that tons of people on mfp have asked before?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    So what's the correct answer, OP?
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Man, my post got messed up :noway:
  • Wilhellmina
    Options

How is that funny? In asian culture there is often extreme pressure for women to remain very thin due to the somewhat misguided belief that genetically it is more difficult for asian people to be overweight. You shouldnt mock someone because there bar is set at a different height than your own #justsaying

For the simple reason that she has a perfect body, many of us would be jealous about and then wasting her precious time and energy in trying to loose even more, most likely heading towards underweight. And remarks like the stomach a bit pudgy because she just had breakfast? Which stomach? It's falling in! Sure everyone has to decide for themselves how much they want to weigh (which is the least important issue in her case if you ask me), but people who want to loose weigh up till underweight don't get my support! With that I am not hateful, but honest and give MY opinion.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Fishing for compliments?

DYEL?

Still fishing.

For the lolz, right?

Too hard to tell. You have way too much clothing on to get an accurate reading.
  • mfu3919
    Options

No I actually gained 10 pounds
  • mfu3919
    Options

So what's the correct answer, OP?

I'm 111 right now! I used to be around 100 this time last year :) It is true because I'm Asian I need to be thinner!
  • mfu3919
    Options
    Guyssss.. where is all this hate coming from? fishing for compliments or not this is supposed to be a friendly, supportive environment. Not a "slate me" page. Maybe she needs somebody to tell her ow a stranger sees her. i mean it is difficult to look at yourself through somebody elses eyes, so maybe she is just trying to get some perspective on her body and appearance. and even if she is fishing for a compliment or two, there is nothing wrong with it. it is nice to hear from people that you look good. so give it to her. i mean she had the balls to post a picture of herself in a public forum. that takes some courage.
    and what is the difference why she came on here? 2 pounds gain or 20 pounds?! i see he logic. it is easier to "catch it" early and deal with extra 2 pounds then 20!

my point is:

MORE LOVE, LESS HATE

<3

Thank you you're so sweet! I hope to just lose the weight I gained and get into a healthy lifestyle before I go off to college next year!
This discussion has been closed.