Can you guess me weight?

Replies

• Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member

when the zombies come there will be no asians left because all the women will die because their legs will be to weak to run away:noway:

Wow, body shame much?

COME ON that was funny she was the one saying they cant have strong legs because they look bad... i just love to run and I am ready for the zombies:laugh:
  • Wait, why are people guessing your weight IRL in the first place? Are you dating a carny? Surely you don't go around asking, right? I mean, I know how old/heavy and whatever I am but how on earth I'd work that into a conversation (and more then once, mind you) escapes me.

If you want to be taking seriously in general, I'd really stop asking. It comes across as shallow, it makes people feel ****ty and manipulated if they guess to heavy and you have sadz and anyone worth hanging out with really doesn't want to spend brain power and questions that are pandering to some sort of shallow/very personal matter.

Of course, doing this and being 18 makes more sense then doing this and being thirty, but consider stopping now before you become 'that girl'. I'm sure you'd like to elicit more then eye rolls and heavy sighs on approach.
  • Two key points here-

You are Asian, and in that culture, it is expected to be very thin. Much smaller than is acceptable in the US and some other countries.

And You are still in High School, where girls are fixated on the number on the scale and the size of their jeans.

High School will soon be over for you and you will be on to College and focusing on much more important issues, like your future. Just don't tell anyone what you weigh, and don't get sucked into conversations about it. Don't ask people what they think you weigh, because people will probably say a higher number than you are, because not too many 18 yr olds weigh only 111 lbs at 5'5".
    They aren't used to girls weighing that little. You don't have a lot of muscle mass, so you won't carry extra weight like some other people do.
    You look perfectly fine at the weight you are now. Focus on healthy eating and exercise habits and forget about the number on the scale.

As for the culture issue- not a whole lot you can do, other than realize that the difference is there. If pressure is coming from your family, and you feel it is hurting your self esteem, then tell them so and ask them to please not make it an issue. If they persist, then learn to just tune them out, or seek help from your school counselor on how to deal with your self esteem issues.

You are a beautiful, healthy young lady and you are so much more than the number on the scale. Seriously- 5 years from now it won't make a bit of difference. You will be focused on graduating college and starting your career, or starting a family.
    High School pettiness will be long gone.

Aw you're soo nice! No I'm living in America right now and go to a high school where almost all the girls are pretty thin...I cannot wait to get out and go to college! (HS class of 2014!) I really hope not to gain weight in college though...
    Yes it is a lot of pressure to stay thin but I'll try to do get fit as healthy as possible... I feel bad for those who will bash on me because I have never weighed more than 115 in my life so thank you for your advice :)

Bash on you? Again, how do people even know your weight? This is not a Joan of Arc issue here. Plus I'd love to know why USA High School you go to where the majority of girls are pretty thin. My take on life is that if you are constantly getting what you see as a negative reaction (and I question wether you see it as such) consider your contributing behavior.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Wait, why are people guessing your weight IRL in the first place? Are you dating a carny? Surely you don't go around asking, right? I mean, I know how old/heavy and whatever I am but how on earth I'd work that into a conversation (and more then once, mind you) escapes me.

I can't imagine ever asking someone how much they think I weigh!

I was hoping this thread was going to be about a fit person who weighs more than they look.
  • Wait, why are people guessing your weight IRL in the first place? Are you dating a carny? Surely you don't go around asking, right? I mean, I know how old/heavy and whatever I am but how on earth I'd work that into a conversation (and more then once, mind you) escapes me.

If you want to be taking seriously in general, I'd really stop asking. It comes across as shallow, it makes people feel ****ty and manipulated if they guess to heavy and you have sadz and anyone worth hanging out with really doesn't want to spend brain power and questions that are pandering to some sort of shallow/very personal matter.

Of course, doing this and being 18 makes more sense then doing this and being thirty, but consider stopping now before you become 'that girl'. I'm sure you'd like to elicit more then eye rolls and heavy sighs on approach.

no I don't go around asking this in real life...I asked this before on a diff website

I can't imagine ever asking someone how much they think I weigh!

I was hoping this thread was going to be about a fit person who weighs more than they look.

HA no it's about an unfit person who weighs less than she looks
  • Two key points here-

You are Asian, and in that culture, it is expected to be very thin. Much smaller than is acceptable in the US and some other countries.

And You are still in High School, where girls are fixated on the number on the scale and the size of their jeans.

High School will soon be over for you and you will be on to College and focusing on much more important issues, like your future. Just don't tell anyone what you weigh, and don't get sucked into conversations about it. Don't ask people what they think you weigh, because people will probably say a higher number than you are, because not too many 18 yr olds weigh only 111 lbs at 5'5".
    They aren't used to girls weighing that little. You don't have a lot of muscle mass, so you won't carry extra weight like some other people do.
    You look perfectly fine at the weight you are now. Focus on healthy eating and exercise habits and forget about the number on the scale.

As for the culture issue- not a whole lot you can do, other than realize that the difference is there. If pressure is coming from your family, and you feel it is hurting your self esteem, then tell them so and ask them to please not make it an issue. If they persist, then learn to just tune them out, or seek help from your school counselor on how to deal with your self esteem issues.

You are a beautiful, healthy young lady and you are so much more than the number on the scale. Seriously- 5 years from now it won't make a bit of difference. You will be focused on graduating college and starting your career, or starting a family.

Aw you're soo nice! No I'm living in America right now and go to a high school where almost all the girls are pretty thin...I cannot wait to get out and go to college! (HS class of 2014!) I really hope not to gain weight in college though...
    Yes it is a lot of pressure to stay thin but I'll try to do get fit as healthy as possible... I feel bad for those who will bash on me because I have never weighed more than 115 in my life so thank you for your advice :)

Bash on you? Again, how do people even know your weight? This is not a Joan of Arc issue here. Plus I'd love to know why USA High School you go to where the majority of girls are pretty thin. My take on life is that if you are constantly getting what you see as a negative reaction (and I question wether you see it as such) consider your contributing behavior.

You need to chill bro. I don't mention my weight at school

no I don't go around asking this in real life...I asked this before on a diff website

I find that hard to believe, I mean, how did you even have it as a question then? Anyway, how many websites and remember, Google Is Forever. This is not the way to feel better about yourself regardless of motivation. You'll end up humored, patronized or make some uh, new and interesting friends.

It's like those sites where girls post pics of themselves to be rated. If you are smart enough to be looking at college, take some time to think about how you represent yourself and what your goal is when you do so and what that feedback will mean to you. Don't set yourself up.

AT some point someone IRL put this in your head because you must have solicited the question or been in some typical mean girls conversation. And look at how much thats influenced you? SO much so that you've pasted your body to literally be judged and weighed by strangers. Don't give it so much power, you know?

You have merit that has nothing to do with weight and in time, hopefully, will have enough self regard that seeking validation from strangers in an intimate way will seem like a really silly idea. Maybe start with WHY it's so important that everyone know what you really weigh?

Thats not a cultural issue, thats bordering on dysfunction and you are too young to be setting yourself up for so much unhappiness. First it will be your weight, then it will be whatever else. Just. Stop.

I find that hard to believe, I mean, how did you even have it as a question then? Anyway, how many websites and remember, Google Is Forever. This is not the way to feel better about yourself regardless of motivation. You'll end up humored, patronized or make some uh, new and interesting friends.

It's like those sites where girls post pics of themselves to be rated. If you are smart enough to be looking at college, take some time to think about how you represent yourself and what your goal is when you do so and what that feedback will mean to you. Don't set yourself up.

AT some point someone IRL put this in your head because you must have solicited the question or been in some typical mean girls conversation. And look at how much thats influenced you? SO much so that you've pasted your body to literally be judged and weighed by strangers. Don't give it so much power, you know?

You have merit that has nothing to do with weight and in time, hopefully, will have enough self regard that seeking validation from strangers in an intimate way will seem like a really silly idea. Maybe start with WHY it's so important that everyone know what you really weigh?

Thats not a cultural issue, thats bordering on dysfunction and you are too young to be setting yourself up for so much unhappiness. First it will be your weight, then it will be whatever else. Just. Stop.

So you think I'm lying you think I'm an attention seeking little *kitten* on the Internet? No I'm part of the nerdy crowd in school someone in hs has definitely not triggered me to ask this question but rather my own weight gain over the past year plus many of you on mfp have asked the same question.
  • Two key points here-

This

" I asked this question because I'm confused why most people think I weigh more than i actually am. "

I don't except you to get anything other then defensive. I'd just like to think that maybe, if you consider your motivation, that years from now you won't end up well, on a weight loss sight with a host of problems. You know, lil many of us women here now. It's not like I got here because I followed my own advice at your age. Maybe if someone had told me I still wouldn't have listened, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

After you get your knickers in a twist, humor an old fat lady (who incidentally looks like she weighs less then she looks like, so that doesn't count for much) who might have something helpful to get across.

Good luck.

So you think I'm lying you think I'm an attention seeking little *kitten* on the Internet? No I'm part of the nerdy crowd in school someone in hs has definitely not triggered me to ask this question but rather my own weight gain over the past year plus many of you on mfp have asked the same question.

WTF?

Yeah, um, was I supposed to guess this one too or is this just some serious knicker twisting?

*backs out of thread*
  • Two key points here-

This

" I asked this question because I'm confused why most people think I weigh more than i actually am. "

I don't except you to get anything other then defensive. I'd just like to think that maybe, if you consider your motivation, that years from now you won't end up well, on a weight loss sight with a host of problems. You know, lil many of us women here now. It's not like I got here because I followed my own advice at your age. Maybe if someone had told me I still wouldn't have listened, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

After you get your knickers in a twist, humor an old fat lady (who incidentally looks like she weighs less then she looks like, so that doesn't count for much) who might have something helpful to get across.

Good luck.

Ya people on another site thought i weighed maybe 10 lbs more than I actually do...not in real life.
    I really don't understand how this is leading me down the wrong path and create a 'host of problems' stop making accusations to someone you don't know personally. Tell me, would you actually say any of this to my face in real life? Does it make you feel better to tell me these things online?
    My apologizes if I sounded rude. Take care
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Fishing for compliments?

DYEL?

Nah.

#humblebrag thread
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I knew this was a humble brag/fishing thread. I called it last night with friends of mine. I hope I win some kind of prize. :laugh:
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Don't listen to what others "think" your weight is. Most people won't guess right anyways. You definitely don't need to lose any; as others have said, getting fit will give you muscle tone. I would say you look 110-115.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    People are guessing wrong because how are we supposed to know what every weight looks like? It's a random guess. Last time I played this game it was fun lol. Please don't suck the fun out of it by taking the responses too seriously, OP

I think this is a place where gals have it tougher, though. I mean, overweight is overweight, but an 18 year old boy still has one more legitimate growth spurt left , right?
  • People are guessing wrong because how are we supposed to know what every weight looks like? It's a random guess. Last time I played this game it was fun lol. Please don't suck the fun out of it by taking the responses too seriously, OP

I think this is a place where gals have it tougher, though. I mean, overweight is overweight, but an 18 year old boy still has one more legitimate growth spurt left , right?

Oh ya definitely guys are still growing..I haven't change in years! Of course it was supposed to be fun until people started making rude comments! People on the Internet need to be more respectful overall.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Weight doesn't matter, that's the point, there is no perfect weight. I do not have a weight loss goal as such, but an actual fitness and strength goal. I think that is where you are missing the point, don't aim for a number on the scale, aim for a goal that your body can achieve, for me, I want to be able to deadlift 100kgs (currently at 77kgs) I also want to be able to do mudruns without any help, that is my goal, not a number, as I could weight say 55kgs, but I would not be able to have the strength to lift my own bidyweight, as I would have no muscle, so I would much prefer to weigh 65kgs and be able to deadlift 100kgs and do the mudruns.

If you actually aren't fishing for compliments, then you need to reevaluate what is important, a number on the scale doesn't mean anything, many people have a much better figure when they "weigh more" because they have muscle.

Great post. Ya hon, you seem like a very nice girl with misplaced priorities. You got this. What someone else thinks shouldn't determine your self-worth. Get out of this pattern now and start kicking some a%%.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member

Oh ya definitely guys are still growing..I haven't change in years! Of course it was supposed to be fun until people started making rude comments! People on the Internet need to be more respectful overall.

If you think this place is bad, you'll be shocked at other message boards. MFP is fairly tame compared to the reactions you'll get elsewhere if you posted that question. The internet is the Wild Wild West...
  • Weight doesn't matter, that's the point, there is no perfect weight. I do not have a weight loss goal as such, but an actual fitness and strength goal. I think that is where you are missing the point, don't aim for a number on the scale, aim for a goal that your body can achieve, for me, I want to be able to deadlift 100kgs (currently at 77kgs) I also want to be able to do mudruns without any help, that is my goal, not a number, as I could weight say 55kgs, but I would not be able to have the strength to lift my own bidyweight, as I would have no muscle, so I would much prefer to weigh 65kgs and be able to deadlift 100kgs and do the mudruns.

If you actually aren't fishing for compliments, then you need to reevaluate what is important, a number on the scale doesn't mean anything, many people have a much better figure when they "weigh more" because they have muscle.

Great post. Ya hon, you seem like a very nice girl with misplaced priorities. You got this. What someone else thinks shouldn't determine your self-worth. Get out of this pattern now and start kicking some a%%.

I just wanna lose some weight...my priorities are to get into college thanks for the advice
This discussion has been closed.