5 Reasons to date a girl with an eating disorder.

Options
1235»

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Point #5: She’s better in bed.

Not necessarily. It really depends on the severity of the eating disorder, and the author qualifies his argument at the end with the phrase "mild to moderate eating disorder". But what exactly is a mild to moderate eating disorder? It is subjective and vague.

If she is ashamed of her body or has major hangups, it is likely to have an impact on the quality of sex. A lack of energy from consuming too few calories also can impact quality of sex.

Point #3: She’s fragile and vulnerable.

This point seems to have been a point of contention earlier. Strong and independent vs. vulnerable. Ideally, a mix of both is best. When there's too much strength and independence, often times a large percentage of the male population will perceive this behavior as unfeminine. Men like women who display feminine characteristics. Men like it when women wear dresses to dates, are subtly flirtatious, etc. Some vulnerability is a good thing, a desire to please, to exhibit some selflessness. Too much vulnerability and being a wallflower is not good.

The themes I'm trying to express are moderation, balance, and well being.

A true eating disorder isn't a sign of that.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options

When there's too much strength and independence, often times a large percentage of the male population will perceive this behavior as unfeminine. Men like women who display feminine characteristics. Men like it when women wear dresses to dates, are subtly flirtatious, etc. Some vulnerability is a good thing, a desire to please, to exhibit some selflessness. Too much vulnerability and being a wallflower is not good.

THIS.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor OP and quit saying "most men like vulnerable women". Most douche bags, perhaps, but not most men. I'd appreciate if you quit speaking for myself and most guys I know.

:drinker:

Real men don't like vulnerable women. Predators do...
    this. vulnerable usually means weak. I don't see why some one would seek out a weak person unless they were a predator or had issues of their own to where they need to feel superior.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

When there's too much strength and independence, often times a large percentage of the male population will perceive this behavior as unfeminine. Men like women who display feminine characteristics. Men like it when women wear dresses to dates, are subtly flirtatious, etc. Some vulnerability is a good thing, a desire to please, to exhibit some selflessness. Too much vulnerability and being a wallflower is not good.

THIS.

You sound single.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    You know... I had the OP on ignore, and I have nooooo idea why... :indifferent:

Think I'll follow your example.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

THIS.
    One can be feminine without being vulnerable.

Just sayin'.

Do I allow my fiance to do some traditional manly things for me, like fixing my car and taking out the trash? Of course. But I don't NEED him to take out the trash. I CAN do that myself. And I can hire a mechanic when my car breaks.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

THIS.

Just sayin'.

Do I allow my fiance to do some traditional manly things for me, like fixing my car and taking out the trash? Of course. But I don't NEED him to take out the trash. I CAN do that myself. And I can hire a mechanic when my car breaks.

What she said. 100%

And for the record, a woman absolutely can be feminine without wearing skirts or dresses. It'll be a cold day in hell before I do either :smile:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

THIS.

Just sayin'.

I like you, and I agree. It sounds like the OP wants one of those stereotypical housewives from the 1950's...wouldn't that get boring after a while?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

THIS.

Just sayin'.

What she said. 100%

And for the record, a woman absolutely can be feminine without wearing skirts or dresses. It'll be a cold day in hell before I do either :smile:

The hot days in the deadof summer in Florida make me happy as a clam to be able to wear skirts and dresses! lol A nice, light sundress is close enough to naked to actually be somewhat comfortable. But when it's cold in the winter, it's all about the pants for this feminine chick.
    I like you, and I agree. It sounds like the OP wants one of those stereotypical housewives from the 1950's...wouldn't that get boring after a while?

And those really didn't exist then outside of advertisements and television!
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options

THIS.

You sound single.

:laugh: THIS!!!
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    And those really didn't exist then outside of advertisements and television!

Maybe someone should tell the OP that :laugh:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

p.s. I apologise on behalf of mankind, we're not all bad

No need to apologise. We know they're not all bad. Just makes running into ones that are that much worse. :smile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Meh.

Anyone who spends that much time thinking about types of women to target, excuse me, date, probably isn't getting laid that much.

Usually because they have all the sexual charisma of a damp dishcloth which smells of wet dog.

I suppose that's slight better than smelling like updog.

(I'm in...to read through four pages that I am certain will entertain. However, I will *not* be reading the article...because nothing good could possibly come of that.)

ETA: *sigh*
This discussion has been closed.