Looking for support from those in 50s and 60s

Options
Was on WW, but program cancelled. Looking for support from others in my age group. Just started today:smile:

Replies

• movo595
    Options
    Hi mwhite. I have just started today and am in your age group. I was on weight watchers before as well and would be happy to provide support!
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm still with WW! Add me for support & welcome aboard! Oh, I'm 54 and down 97lbs!! Wooohooo...BELEIVE!!!!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Im in my 50s you all can add me if you want
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    you can add me if you would like. I am in my 50's and have been on this site for almost a year and down as many pounds as my years!!! hee hee hee....

Much success to you!
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and I have lost 74 lbs. It can be done as I am proof. No fade diets no wonder pills just changed to a healthier diet and exercise. You can add me also.
  • NanaMAT3
    NanaMAT3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey all !!! Am a few months shy of that magic number 50....I've used this cite before with great benefit...found the support however lacked unless you had the time to go and add lots of people...am hoping more are willing to do the adding when they read the thread....I've lost 41 pounds, and have many more to go. I've not, quote, dieted, unquote so much as have learned a healthier way of eating, and of course the importance of movement :happy: Please feel free to "add" me so that we can all get the support that is needed to endure this life change !!! Good luck to you all :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Was on WW, but program cancelled. Looking for support from others in my age group. Just started today:smile:
    I'm 61. Been on maintenance since May 2012 but feel free to add me if I can be of help.
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    How
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    you can add me if you would like. I am in my 50's and have been on this site for almost a year and down as many pounds as my years!!! hee hee hee....

Much success to you!

How are you doing it?
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    Just finished Day 1. Was under my calorie threshold. but over for protein and fat. Is there afeature on the website that provides nutritional breakdown so you can plan what you are going to eat?
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 58 and have lost 45lbs. I am finished with the weight loss part of it, but am a work in progress for being fit and toned. I did start a running program in July, that has helped me with fitness. I run at least 4 miles 3 days a week. Add me if you like.
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am 59 and have been here for a little while. I have lost more than 60 pounds. It is about being fit at this point for me. Anyone can add me if you like. I am here every day.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options

Much success to you!

How are you doing it?
    Nothing extraordinary. I started using the calorie counter app, created a 500-700 calorie per day deficit and lost about a pound and a half a week. I mostly run and lift weights for exercise.
  • Rebekah1159
    Options
    Former WW too, 54 and looking for support. Add me too!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 1. Was under my calorie threshold. but over for protein and fat. Is there afeature on the website that provides nutritional breakdown so you can plan what you are going to eat?

I am not aware of the type of breakdown you're looking for. The best thing to do is spend some time typing in foods you think you may have that day and see what the nutritional values are. Plus after a few weeks you will get more knowledgeable just from logging your food daily. I wouldn't get too worried about going over in certain categories. Your overall calories are what you need to focus on. You can also go into your settings and remove or add certain nutrients you want to track. For example; you can take sugar off and track fiber or vitamin A or whatever you want.

Also, add me if you like. I am half a decade your junior but have had success reaching my goal (which was modest).
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options

On the website, go to the FOOD tab, then DATABASE. Type in your food and it gives you the nutritional value.

I am also in the 50+ club (52), lost ~40 pounds before MFP, and have been using the site most of this year. Like other posters, have just changed my lifestyle to eat nutritional foods in reasonable quantities, exercise (running, walking, weight lifting, circuit training), and have a caloric deficit overall. I haven't decided my ultimate goal weight yet, but right now am shooting for 150 pounds (I am 5"6") - about 20 pounds to go.

Best of luck you to!
  • sab1157
    sab1157 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 56 and trying to take off another 10-12 pounds, which is beginning to feel impossible. I realize that bit is not impossible, but just very, very slow.
  • eenajuly
    Options
    I am lifetime with WW but really enjoy this plan much better. I love all the data you can get and entering your own data is very easy by phone or desktop. I am 63..trying to maintain and this helps me more than anything!
    My very worst thing I deal with is sugar content here. But it is from fruits, yogurt etc. Wish I knew if that is so bad considering I stay in all the other guidelines!
  • cindyb6045
    cindyb6045 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am 61 and log every day.