Replies

• jewel6129
    jewel6129 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sending request, doing WW and MFP!
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Anyone can look me up and send a FR if you like. Been active for 18 months now and will help where I can!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 50. At maintenance, but active here. Feel free to add me!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've had the MyFitnessPal site and app for about a year, but have only started to really use it this week.

I'm 51 and am planning to lose at least 80 pounds, but 100 would make me happier. If you want, I'll be happy to offer any support I can.

LeAnna
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    HI I'm 56 and started 3 months ago. You can add me. I was on WW too, and Sureslim, and Herbal Magic, and South Beach... So far this is the only that has really helped me . On other plans, I had to buy food from them, but no real explanation as to BMR, etc. Here you can eat your own food so long as log your calorie intake faithfully.
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You're not alone,I also go to WW I've been discouraged but ready to get back on track: smile
    :
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm the same age as my big toe and a little older than my teeth. Lol. Add me if you like.
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Second day was great. Huge difference from WW. Having trouble getting the calorie count...good thing I think .
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    finished my 3rd day. It's been a really great time, so far. didnt realize how much support is out there when u look for it.
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 56 and looking for support friends also. I will send a few FR's out, but please feel free to friend me also. I look forward to communication with others my age. I log daily, and would appreciate the encouragement to continue. (I will return that same courtesy to you!). I have over 100 pounds to lose so I will be hanging around for a long time to come! :smile:
  • debsanders58
    Options
    Deb here. Age: 55, been with mfp for about 1 yr. Have lost 30 lbs. Would like to lose another 20, but seem to be going up & down a couple lbs the last couple mos. I love keeping track of my food because you just don't realize how much you are eating til you log it all in. I joined a gym in March & I go 5-6 x wk. I feel so much fit & healthier now. You can surely add me to your group.
    God Bless,
    Deb:flowerforyou:
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'll be 50 next month and am always looking for new friends in my age range. Feel free to add me everyone.
    We can all be losers together
  • loujen1
    loujen1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lou, I just now found this section and I'm looking for new friends to share my journey, I'm probably the oldest lady on here, I'm 76 and have battled the bulge all of my life but can't seem to get it right, however, Im not a quitter. I would absolutely love to have some friends to be accountable rather than do this alone, would someone please take me under their wing? I presently walk five miles daily but at this age, that's about all I can do, my mind tells me to do other things but my body says otherwise!
    Lou
  • glennoxyoung
    Options
    Hi! I lost 33kilos with ww after 2nd child was born 20 years ago, but after that - and 3rd child and having a serious love affair with food I found myself back where I started and HATING it. I started dieting at the end of May this year and have logged in every day since. mfp is such a huge help. In summer I swam in the sea every day (I'm Scottish but live in Greece) and since October have really upped my walking and aim at 6 - 8 km a day, generally at a brisk pace. Today I weighed myself and I've now lost 18 kilos!! And it's my birthday (55) so I'm feeling great. I still have about 12 k to lose but I know I'm going to do it!! Add me and I promise to support - I must say I've found the journey so far surprisingly easy and I feel really positive.
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    Deb here. Age: 55, been with mfp for about 1 yr. Have lost 30 lbs. Would like to lose another 20, but seem to be going up & down a couple lbs the last couple mos. I love keeping track of my food because you just don't realize how much you are eating til you log it all in. I joined a gym in March & I go 5-6 x wk. I feel so much fit & healthier now. You can surely add me to your group.
    God Bless,

Have seen many similar stories to yours. Seems like many people do really well, then plateau...so my question is how do you manage it, and what do you do to make progress?
  • debsanders58
    Options
    Lou, that is great that you walk 5 mi per day at your age! I admire you!:happy: My mom is your age & she is not very active at all. I will stand by you any way I am able. You are an inspiration to me at your age. Keep up the good work! I know it will be hard the next few weeks with the holidays for all of us. Hopefully we can control our eating to a moderate amount.
    God Bless,
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    Well made thru one dinner, one more to go...still have 1000 calories left!
  • tomufer
    tomufer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and new here too. Feel free to add me.
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    End of week 1 (5 days on MFP). Lost 7 lbs. Am kknocking the S&*^ out of exercise goal. Managed to stay w/in calories...for the most part. Also-no processed sugar!
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Was on WW, but program cancelled. Looking for support from others in my age group. Just started today:smile:

Turned 50 last summer, would love to be your friend. Add me! :-)