ARE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE WITH A MALE MASSAGE THERAPIST?

Options

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Long as he knows what he's doing, behaves professionally, and takes feedback well. I have to have the right pressure, enough to release tension but not bone-crushing. That's not always easy for a man to figure out. But one who can, is golden.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I prefer a female therapist because I like to relax during the massage session.
  • 1989lukemyers
    1989lukemyers Posts: 158 Member
    Options

I send my clients to sleep that's surly relaxing enough...
  • 1989lukemyers
    Options
    Long as he knows what he's doing, behaves professionally, and takes feedback well. I have to have the right pressure, enough to release tension but not bone-crushing. That's not always easy for a man to figure out. But one who can, is golden.

Golden rule always get feed back and with the pressure just comes down to what style they are after and well never loss clients so must be doing something right :) just past few days been hearing lots about this topic and well I've had enough I am a male massage therapist and enjoy my job simple and just wish people would just see past my sex..
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Yep, at my age you wouldn't find any thing appealing or interesting. Carry on...:yawn:
  • 1989lukemyers
    Options

Yep, at my age you wouldn't find any thing appealing or interesting. Carry on...:yawn:

I am confused... I find my job appealing and interesting yes but no your correct in saying that I wouldn't about you or anyone am not doing the job to get women or what ever people thing I enjoy helping others simple as that but when it comes down to the massage sorry to say I am doing a job... So why wouldn't you let a male massage you
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I was at first, but I'd have to say he gives me the best, most effective massage I've ever had.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I thiink I would actually prefer a guy
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm a licensed massage therapist, and I don't care. This "being uncomfortable" feeling should only happen if you don't go to a professional therapist or professional establishment.
  • ianfain
    ianfain Posts: 110
    Options
    Not at all, I actually prefer a male when I get real, therapeutic massages.
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    yes, uncomfortable
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'll only see female therapists. For me, the point of the massage is to relax, and I don't think I could do that with a male therapist - no matter how skilled or professional they might be.

Most of my doctors are female, too. If given a choice of professionals, may as well pick who I feel most comfortable with - whatever the reason.

Me too!
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If it was a sports massage on my back or something, then it's totally fine..but whole body could make me feel uneasy. I guess it just depends what type of massage it would be.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    No
    I am not the least bit uncomfortable with a male massage therapist.
    I love all massages.
    Now I want a massage.
    x sigh x
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    allow me....now as far as some guy massaging me HELL NO
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    never had a massage before, I think I'd get addicted to it so I avoid it. Personally, I'd prefer a female to give me a massage
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    never had a massage before, I think I'd get addicted to it so I avoid it. Personally, I'd prefer a female to give me a massage

Ok...lol.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I like deep tissue massages and a lot of times women can't do that so well
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    No not at all that's what i prefer.....
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    lmao, love the Seinfeld reference!! :laugh:

I dont think i'd say anything if my masseuse turned out to be a male, but that would definitely be kind of awkward

115 lbs lost!? Sorry but I didn't get past that! Congrats!