What life advice would you give to your younger self?

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Stop masturbating and study some math.

this too
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Go back to school and by 40 would have been set with at least 2 degrees finished
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    - use protection

- pay your bills on time
  • noemibp
    noemibp Posts: 167
    Options
    (Sorry to "bump", but I need to think about it)
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Don't get involved with any woman who is named after a type of weather.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Don't let your weight creep up. It's really hard to get it to leave and even if you do, your body will never look like it would have if you'd never been fat.

If your relationship is more :frown: than :happy:, dump him.
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    - You can do whatever you set your mind to do!
    - Do not despise the day of small beginnings; just a little effort can go a long way.
    - Don't be so passive!
    - Believe in yourself, even if no one else does!

However, if I "learned" these things at 15, I would not be the woman I am today.
  • gino715
    gino715 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Stay in school college and get that degree.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Dump that girl the FIRST time she cheats you dummy !!

She cheated on YOU?!?! She is the dummy!!!
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Turn left istead of right
  • Youmirinlol
    Options
    Keep doing what ur doing ur a boss
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    You're worth more....don't settle and don't allow anyone to treat you like *kitten*.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    have faith
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Avoid certain people, period.
    Rethink your life goals and ambitions.
    Do not become a slave to the procrastination "bug".
    Not everyone's entitled to your opinions, nor what you think is anyone's business.
    Losing your temper causes you to lose your head.
    Smoking and drinking is never, ever worth it because they'll cause so much pain and misery later on in your life.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    When someone shows you WHO they are...BELIEVE them, and Don't make up excuses for them!

Life is more than just comfort, pleasure and "stuff", trying to keep up with the Joneses, seeking what "fair" or always being happy is for the "crowd" NOT you--Don't EVER be "ashamed" of The Gospel" and do DARE to not go along with what everyone in and of this world are doing, thinking, saying and being and do so with a humble and honest spirit of love for God and people in NOT self-righteousness, pride nor anything other than being who God made you, which is different than the world--completely.

Embrace being different and embrace The Joy of The Lord (which is my strength) and being godly with contentment in ALL things. Live for and be about love and respect those that don't see things my your way. I don't have to go along with those that don't see things my way, but I do have to speak the truth in love and be kindhearted ALWAYS

A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still--you can't change people, change yourself instead!

Humble yourself, pray, seek God's Face and Turn from your wicked ways daily...life is NOT destination--it's a journey!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    When he shows you he has a short temper and angers very easily BELIEVE IT! When he shows you his jealous and possessive nature BELIEVE it! Know that this is just a small part of what he is capable of, and it has nothing to do with you or how you behave. Do not get involved with him, RUN the other way!
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    Id tell my 13 y.o self, not to eat honeybuns, and coke for breakfast. pizza for lunch and chinese for dinner.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Dear 18 year old Mia,

Please go away to college. Also, decrease your time doing cardio and lift heavy weights.

Sincerely,
    Old Mia
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Have faith. It gets better.

hmm this is actually good advice for right now too come to think of it. :)
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    look before you cross the street