How do you eat cottage cheese?

Replies

• pkdscript
    pkdscript Posts: 28 Member
    I add 1/4 cup blueberries and some grape nuts (for crunchiness). Also add 1 packet of sweetner.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Mix with fruit
    Add to salad instead of salad dressing (measure carefully)
    eat as a dip with veggies
    throw in a blender with protein powder and fruit
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    It's great with avocado!
  • I like it plain, or with pepper, or with fruit (especially mandarin orange slices), but my most recent method of eating it is with cocoa powder and honey. I have been eating that every single day for like three months now.
  • Mercenary_
    Mercenary_ Posts: 3 Member
    Cottage Cheese is not something I can eat plain...or even with fruit..I find it disgusting....HOWEVER....comma....I put a half a cup of cottage cheese in my morning Protein Drink every morning.

1 cup of calorie countdown hood chocolate milk.
    1 handful of spinach
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese
    1/2 cup of old fashion oats.
    1/2 cup of cold hazelnut coffee
    3 to 4 ice cubs
    2 tbl spoon of Skippy natural PB.

and blend away

That makes two servings which I drink all by my damn self. after an awesome workout!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    I personally don't care for it, but my mom eats it with pineapple and lots of black pepper.

Try it in a smoothie too.
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    I like to add a little chopped onion and crumble up a few saltines over it.

or I like to add it to scrambled eggs
  • Add roma tomato, avocado, green onions and greek seasoning.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Step one - open tub
    Step B - stir
    Step Red - eat with spoon, spork, fork (+4 for that), chopsticks (+10) or fingers (-20 gross)

But honestly, it's peachy just plain. Or mix some fruit in it, chia/flax seeds, sprinkle some protein powder ontop...
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    I don't care for it with the sweet/fruit additions, but LOVE it with tuna. I can't wait to try the tomato and chives idea from above. :drinker:
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    I usually put some pepper on it and chow down.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    I usually eat it plain. It is super-yummy with canned peaches, though.
  • skyerulz
    skyerulz Posts: 54 Member
    @lauraceaerosa, that sounds yummy with the cocoa powder and honey. I may try that.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    with fruits like peaches, pineapple, strawberries, apple butter.
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Lunch today was CC with tuna and egg whites add a little mustard and pepper :love:
  • skyerulz
    skyerulz Posts: 54 Member
    I like it plain, or with pepper, or with fruit (especially mandarin orange slices), but my most recent method of eating it is with cocoa powder and honey. I have been eating that every single day for like three months now.

That sounds yummy with the c. powder and honey. I may steal that from you.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    I love 1% cottage cheese. I like to slice up roma tomatos and top them with cottage cheese, salt, and pepper. I also just love it plain. Or before I realized how many calories I was eating--I used to use it for dips for pretzels. I love the combo of pretzels/cottage cheese. Yumm!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    With fruit: my favorite is strawberries, pineapple, apricots and peaches. With cracker, wheat thins, pita chips or raw veggies: put fresh chopped chives in it to make a yummy dip. On bake sweet potatoes: I put butter or Country Crock with low fat cottage cheese and mash it all together, yummy. On a garden salad: I add a heaping spoonful on top of a garden salad with tuna and sunflower seeds to add protein instead of using dressing.
  • briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    fruit, granola, or plain!!!