How do you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I like it with a little pepper on top of my Burger patty.... I like it with fruit..... I like it with walnuts..... I like it with avocado...... I would like it on a bus..... I would like it on the train..... I would like it on a plane.... I would like it in a boat on a mote! I like me some Cottage Cheese!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have it in wraps wit ham and salad or on crackers.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    on top of baked sweet potato/ as a wet flavour to any salad, with any tart tasting fruit grapes/pineapple etc on top of oat cakes with a bit of pepper
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Cottage%20Cheese.png?m=1372704144
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    This looks about right.

axi7w1.png
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can mix some yogurt in with it. I know it sounds kinda icky, but it's good.
  • nordeast_yah
    Options
    Mom always ate it sweet, with sugar or fruit.

I like it savory with lots of black pepper and/or some really zingy salsa.
  • 2fat4knees
    2fat4knees Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    With canned peaches ( no sugar added, of course) or pineapple or with grape or cherry tomatoes with some pepper
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Top a Ryvita with it and put a little sugar free orange marmalade on top. My son likes it with canned fruit and cinnamon.
  • Vaermina
    Options
    One of my favorite lunches is with cottage cheese. I slice up a tomato and spread about half a cup of CC evenly. Sprinkle with dill, basil followed with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top. Sprinkle some balsamic vinegar and finish with a few pinches of salt and pepper. A new take on a Caprese salad.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Either with pineapple or cinnamon & chia seeds.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I love it for breakfast with pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple. Seriously yummy and good protein.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    To me the question is what cant you eat with cottage cheese? It goes well with both salty and sweet foods and by itself and is such a great low cal increased protein food. I usually eat it plain several times per week and its the most satisfying "what do I do, I'm still hungry but I want to go to bed" food. And a fast "I need to eat some protein but dont want to cook or buy junk" food.

A low cal replacement for cheese with pea soup, "full English breakfast" addition near the beans and as a topping to add flavor to casseroles that didn't turn out as you'd expect are some recent unusual uses.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I usually put some pepper on it and chow down.

That's the only way I eat it too currently. In fact I am having some right now.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I take the conservative approach and use a spoon.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I like to chop up fresh fruit and mix it in.

Another option if you don't want the sweet taste of the fruit with it is to chop up tomatoes and mix them in, add pepper to taste, it sounds weird but its really good!

Sometimes I add it into a smoothie also, just be sure to blend it long enough that you don't have curds floating around in what looks like a milkshake, that just doesn't seem appetizing, but if you blend it completely, it liquefies and blends in with all the milk, fruit, etc.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    With diced tomatoes or HOT, chunky salsa. YUM! I like it blended into my egg mixture for omelettes too! (I NEVER know the proper spelling for that breakfast egg dish...it just NEVER looks right.)
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    With diced tomatoes or HOT, chunky salsa. YUM! I like it blended into my egg mixture for omelettes too! (I NEVER know the proper spelling for that breakfast egg dish...it just NEVER looks right.)

Omelette
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My mom just bought some, what can i do with it?

Mix in some crushed pineapple and vanilla instant-pudding mix. This makes a salad that is a family favorite during the holidays.
  • LeighRaeW
    LeighRaeW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I put some on or in an omelette, rather than using cheddar.
    On crispbreads is also nice, either just cottage cheese or spread the crispbreads with jam/jelly and then top with cottage cheese (I know this sounds awful, but it's delicious).