How do you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Okay... i get it, maybe i should of worded the question differently... but seriously?
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese! Typically, I'll enjoy it with fresh pinaple.

^^^ this
  • cannibaldoll
    cannibaldoll Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I ate dairy I used to love to eat my cottage cheese with sunflower seeds (without the shells of course) it was like crack for me haha.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite Friday night snacks is cottage cheese with a big bag of scoop Fritos. They are delicious together!
    (I no longer eat Fritos -- they are a danger food for me -- but I still fantasize about eating an entire bag of Fritos with a large tub of cottage cheese.)
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    With diced tomatoes or HOT, chunky salsa. YUM! I like it blended into my egg mixture for omelettes too! (I NEVER know the proper spelling for that breakfast egg dish...it just NEVER looks right.)

Omelette

Thanks! (I did have it right!) It's just such a strange word! lol
  • myst036
    myst036 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese by itself, or in a salad under some dressing. I sometimes put some fruit in it , and I have heard of people that put some honey or a tbsp. of jam. Its way good for you protein wise, so if you can fit it in your diet do it. For more ideas, just search the internet. Its a bounty of useful information on nutrition. Good luck!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Pepper.

No fruit. Fruit should never be mixed with cottage cheese or cream cheese. Blech.
  • CatGirl898
    CatGirl898 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of interesting ways to eat cottage cheese. I grew up eating it with peaches and maybe some other fruits. Definitely going to try some of the suggestions...chocolate powder & honey (just bought some chocolate powder so this'll be good), a sprinkle of cinnamon, in my eggs (that never occurred to me!), include in shakes (can do!), on sweet potatoes (sounds yummy), in pancake batter (useful for increasing protein count), in ham wraps (interesting idea for a simple snack), and as a bed time snack. I do like buying the organic kind without Rennet as it has a wonderful tang to it! Yum!
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I mix it into my scrambled eggs. Yummmmz.
  • Lala_White
    Lala_White Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have in the past used cottage cheese on a salad (instead of adding dressing). I usually eat my cottage cheese now with sunflower seeds or pistachio's added.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    W/chopped apples, honey, cinnamon, and walnuts.
    Will sometimes do strawberries or blueberries instead of the apples.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I mix fruit in mine. Peaches or pineapple is my fav.
  • marhia7
    marhia7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things for lunch is : 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels (unsalted), 1 teaspoon chia seeds, 1/4 cup avocado, and a mandarin orange (cutie). It gets me through the day and a workout with no hunger until dinner. :-)
  • yuinam
    Options
    I don't particularly enjoy eating cottage cheese by itself so I make pancakes out of them if we need to finish the container.
  • PudgyPlatypus
    Options
    What I usually do is sprinkle a tiny bit of cinnamon on top, and add some blueberries. That's it, really.
  • adamrvill
    Options
    Just Some pepper is pretty good or some home made salsa
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Still the only one who sometimes likes Hershey's chocolate syrup mixed in with it.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    with a spoon usually. I do not recommend a fork...

chopsticks if you're really adventurous.

I was just about to say "with a spoon". You beat me to it.
  • hlg263
    hlg263 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I mix local honey and cinnamon into mine! Yum!!!
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like mixing it with tuna and frank's hot sauce. Eat it with a fork or put it on a tortilla wrap.