13 months - 129lbs lost - with loads of pictures!

Options

Replies

• kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    wow, way to go!! such an inspiration!!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow, you lost a whole lisaanne person !
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am impressed how you used what most would take as a negative (You're dads' initial reaction) and turn it into a driving force. Your attitude towards not letting one or two bad days ruin your long term goals/outlook is spectacular as well. I congratulate you for what you have obviously worked hard to achieve as as well as wish you continued success.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    pretty eyes and pretty you!!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow!!!

INCREDIBLE JOB!!! I don't normally do this, but I passed my phone to my hubby this morning to read ur story and see your pictures. He was stunned and said you were gorgeous and a true testament of hard work, dedication and perseverance. I thought that was the best compliment and TRUE!!!!

Bravo honey!!

PS - we went to Paris on our honeymoon in 2005 ... Not London of course but loved it and miss it. Ppl say American food is rich ... Whew, this street crepes of ham n cheese or banana n Nutella? Wow!! I can't imagine what those would do to me now. I couldn't resist them when we were there haha
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I never really comment on these, but I couldn't not comment on yours!

You look amazing, and I ditto what everyone else has said about your smile. You look genuinely happy now, whereas before your eyes didn't quite portray the smile on your mouth.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You area super star !!!!
  • Jennlc033
    Jennlc033 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • BlackandWhitePhotoOp
    Options
    Congrats!!! You have made an incredible achievement. :bigsmile:
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    congrats to you! you are inspiring!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great, you don't even look like the same person, good job
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • albionjen
    albionjen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow - you are amazing.

I love your attitude, just being sensible with portions and making sure to fit in the foods that you like. I'm very much the same. My diet wasn't too bad before, just huge portions and lack planning lead to some poor choices (e.g. I used to pick up Pizza from Iceland on the way home quite regularly because I hadn't shopped properly at the weekend).

I also had more or less a similar reaction from my Dad. When I said I was planning to lose weight and get to a normal BMI his reply was "it won't happen, being overweight is in your genes". I don't think he meant it in the mean way it came out - more that I should not aim for an unrealistic low weight but be happy to lose a bit so I was healthier. (The majority of people on his side of the family are overweight, but not huge like I was!) Luckily I live in London 200 miles away from my parents, so I didn't have to put up with many more comments along those lines. I reached "normal" BMI this month. So, in the end I showed my Dad it was possible even with "bad" genes.:laugh:

Congratulations on your achievement and keep up the good work.
  • Shaquana2
    Options
    The transformation is so amazing and very inspiring.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!!! You look fantastic and should be so proud of your achievements!! Congrats!
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Thanks for your story
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Great determination and resolution; 129lbs it's such a huge number, can't even get my head around it. What is your next goal?
  • elainematto
    elainematto Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your whole story. You will inspire many, just as you have relied on others to stay motivated. Your approach-- flexible, self- forgiving- is clearly a smart and winning strategy. It's hard, despite all the great photos, to believe you are the same person.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Stories like your make me want to push even more!!! :-)
  • hol_lou85
    hol_lou85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hi Everyone, thank you all for your very kind words and comments - ii will read them all over and over again, they mean so much to me, the help and support of MFP has really helped me progress!

i had posted the link to my facebook page, and i wanted to update you on a comment from my dad

"Just read and looked through this holly and a big wow and also tear in my eyes or was that a little dust a fantastic thing to read and see so proud well done from dad"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!