13 months - 129lbs lost - with loads of pictures!

Options
I decided to lose weight after visiting friends in London for the weekend and everywhere we went I was always the biggest person in the room, in the shop, or on the tube. It was then it finally hit me, I needed to do something about my weight.

I came home and redownloaded myfitnesspal (I had used the app 18 months previously but soon gave up as my heart wasn’t in it) I purchased “slim in 6” from Beachbody as it looked like a great beginner workout and I then had to sit down with my dad to tell him I wanted to lose weight as he would often cook dinners and so I couldn’t do it without his help.

Its now 400 days later – I am down 129lbs and where I started a UK size 28 I am now a UK 14 – I've gone from barely being able to complete the warm up of slim in 6, to completing it before completing 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and T25.

I only weigh myself once a week on a Friday morning as I didn’t want to start getting obsessed with the scale – I am however obsessed with food, if I'm not eating, I'm thinking about what I can eat!

Exercise and weighing out my food is now a part of my every day life, I have a routine where i finish work and before I do anything else I get changed and workout in the spare room, if I know I have plans after work one day I will make it up over the weekend of make sure I get up early in the morning!

My diet before wasn’t really bad, it was just huge portions, I still have the same dinners, spaghetti, chilli etc, but sometimes I use turkey, or quorn to lower the calories, and I weigh all the ingredients and pasta/rice, and as silly as it sounds, I use smaller bowls and plates as it makes me believe I have more to eat and I always take my time making sure I enjoy every bite.

Everyone has moments where they make mistakes and slip up on the diet. My first slip up was the first day when I say down with my dad and told him I wanted to lose weight and needed his help when he cooked. His reaction was "you've tried before and failed, will this time be any different" if anything that only spurred me on to succeed, and now my dad has nothing but praise for me!

I never denied myself anything due to the fact if I'm told I can't have it I want it more, instead of a large chocolate bar I would have a small snack size bar to give me the taste without all the calories!

When I have had bad days food wise or if I didn't work out I didn't dwell on it, it happened and it was my choice, instead of being annoyed about it I tried harder the rest of the week... One bad day won't ruin all your hard work, the trick is getting back in the healthy routine as soon as possible. When I had moments when I slipped up, or weeks where the scales didn’t move I looked back at old photos of myself (which are below) and I would see how far I had gone, or I would search the success story forums for inspiration and that would only encourage me to continue.

Now for the bit everyone has been waiting for…the photos, these range from when I was 14 (I believe I'm lighter now than I was then I don’t know as I never weighed myself when I was younger) upto the weekend before I decided to lose weight and periodically during my weightloss. I'm not yet at my goalweight, but its closer than I ever thought imaginable.

Please enjoy the photos and ask me any questions that you have and if you want to send me a friend request I would be happy to accept.

When I was 14
2pzzqet.jpg

w2fsr7.jpg

2r3v3ih.jpg

2959wfm.jpg

5ohon.jpg

wwc4qw.jpg

qrdte9.jpg

1zdy6tu.jpg

17wh1s.jpg

2iramvp.jpg

2lkps82.jpg

1zc1pno.jpg

wvtyqp.jpg

2w1tvev.jpg

2w2h8gn.jpg

205qovq.jpg

5 stone lost

20jp9vk.jpg

2nvf5sh.jpg

2u906jq.jpg

20iwimb.jpg

2m7aq9u.jpg

bi2dyc.jpg

9l96dh.jpg

2rzq68x.jpg

1z1h5dw.jpg

991d00.jpg

9la1rs.jpg

2uz5bo5.jpg

2w4zdj6.jpg

fzbz95.jpg

xeop6t.jpg

2lawyg7.jpg

30iugyh.jpg

Replies

• kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look really amazing. What an incredible achievement!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is fantastic. My favorite part is your smile. Your eyes are clear, your face just naturally wants to smile, whereas before sometimes I could see the pain in your expression.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You look stunning and like a different person - really well done!
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    As I kept scrolling down, I kept thinking this should be the after snap and it kept getting more amazing! You are looking amazing and have a beautiful face and smile too! Great work on the weight loss :)
  • Tinatot125
    Tinatot125 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow that is an incredible transformation, you look really amazing. Well done for sticking to it.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    you have done an amazing job. you were pretty before but now u are super cute. well done.
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    So incredibly inspirational! The last photo is my fave one. You look like a completely different person! Well done! And thanks for sharing to give the rest of us hope!
  • glennoxyoung
    Options
    Many, many, many congratulations! You are so pretty and happy looking! Have a wonderful festive season and keep that great smile going!! Well done!
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Best topic I read all day. WELL DONE! You succeeded spectacularly.:flowerforyou:
  • sameena2013
    Options
    wow you look beautiful!! really amazing and inspirational!! all the best!!
  • bergenblarter
    Options
    A job well done! I bet the feeling you have now is euphoric and proud of what you've achieved so far. What does your father say about all this? I bet he's dead chuffed for you!!!
  • roly14
    roly14 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation Can see the delight in your eyes So proud of all your hard work Your Dad must be so chuffed
  • stanleypoobrick
    stanleypoobrick Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It seems so cheesy when you hear it on weight loss/cosmetic surgery/etc advertisements but, wow, I could not stop looking at the difference it made to your smile. You look so genuinely pleased and excited in the "after" shots and that is honestly the best reward that sticking to a goal (any goal) can give you. You're a fantastic motivation and I wish you all the best! ^_^
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    well done and you look so much happier too
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, your story was interesting to read and thanks for sharing the selection of photos.
    You look fabulous and happy!!:flowerforyou:
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    this is amazing. I love the pic of you at Up at the O2. I also did this and it was such a novelty being able to go without worrying abut fitting into the harness. Being big, everything makes you worry.
    i hope you are enjoying your success. Huge well done x
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fabulous
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    WOAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaH!

*picks up jaw off the floor*

:flowerforyou: Well Done!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Totally different person! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!