7 months & 121 pounds lost (with pics)!

Options

Replies

• Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I can't get the inspiring vibe from this story. How long you were not heard, not diagnosed, ignored, not listened to fills me with bitterness. I am thinking of those that didn't get ... well, lucky isn't even the right word. It is downright depressing to read such horrible reality. That does not take anything away from your fantastic attitude and the will to carry on. May whatever you believe in bless you, and I wish you the better life that you deserve.

An interesting take on my story. The first response like this. Bitterness is something that I still deal with from time-to-time. But I had to make a choice: I could either let what happened destroy me and ruin the rest of my days or I could give myself what I truly deserve -- happiness. Obviously no outside source was going to give it to me. So, like I said, I had to give it to myself. And I have.

Honestly, I feel like the luckiest person on the planet. But it wasn't just luck. It was destiny and it was the will power and determination not to just survive the cancer, but to heal, and to thrive. I get to have my happy beginning. It started the second the tumor was taken out of my body and my happiness flourishes now.

I'm falling in love now. I never thought I'd get the chance to experience this. I thought I was going to die without ever finding it. I thought all my best days were behind me. But it wasn't so. How can I stay bitter now? How can I be anything other than blissfully happy? Most people don't appreciate the things that they have, but I do in such a profound way. I feel like I'm living in a fairy tale. So I hope that the bitterness YOU feel after reading my story goes away after reading this. Love makes up for everything, and not everyone gets the chance to find love. But I do. The most amazing part? I have love now because I gave it to myself first.

it's great to read souch posiitve things!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you had to go through all this. Ovarian cancer can be hard to detect but sounds like several people dropped the ball on this one. You are an amazing, strong woman who is here for a reason. So happy to hear you are in love now :heart: :heart:
    Thank you for sharing your story and choosing to live
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Amazing... sometimes the best of us is pushed out by the most horrible of experiences.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    That got me all teary eyed! You are such an inspiration! Keep up the amazing work and motivation:)
  • heathermsilvey
    Options
    Can you see the progress between this month and last month? (The holidays agreed with me.) I can feel it!

sameshirt18edit_zps70f465d5.jpg
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are a strong, brave woman! Thank you for sharing your story. You are incredible!!!
  • LouLouLemons
    Options
    Keep fighting girl!! You are amazing! I lost my brother to Cancer this past summer and after 6 months of grieving I decided this is it, I need to be healthy. I will no longer be obese. I am going to live each day to the fullest, being healthy and fit. Each day my brother, Dan gives me the strength I need to push further. Thank you for your story, great inspiration.

56145577.png
  • ritabrienfit
    ritabrienfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiring story. Keep fighting! You look great!
  • Inspired_Mom
    Options
    WOW - amazing in so many ways! YOU GO GIRL!
  • heathermsilvey
    Options
    Keep fighting girl!! You are amazing! I lost my brother to Cancer this past summer and after 6 months of grieving I decided this is it, I need to be healthy. I will no longer be obese. I am going to live each day to the fullest, being healthy and fit. Each day my brother, Dan gives me the strength I need to push further. Thank you for your story, great inspiration.

56145577.png

Thank you! And I am VERY sorry to hear about your brother! I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to lose a sibling and I definitely don't want to. I'm glad you're doing this for your health! I'm sure your brother would be very proud, too. I think that is THE best reason there is for losing weight (health) -- although looking good, too, is a pretty great motivator. ;)
  • serioustuff
    Options
    wow your bloody amazing. congratulations on your fantastic loss. xxx
  • ordinaryloser
    ordinaryloser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It takes unfathomable strength to make it through your trials. I can't even imagine. I'm glad you're on the road (and have made huge) strides to becoming a better you!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    A "well done" feels inadequate here, but that's all I've got to offer. If it helps, try to picture me providing a standing ovation, as well.
  • hittingitonemoretime
    hittingitonemoretime Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    Wow, as one cancer survivor to another, you are f'in tough!!! KEEP AT IT. You look amazing!!!
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    WOW amazing . guessing you just inspired a lot of people with your story.
  • krisc15
    krisc15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That is the most incredible story! You deserve your success and I hope others can learn from you!
  • aemp93
    aemp93 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am so sincerely sorry about the things you've been through but so glad that you've used that to become a stronger person. Keep up the good work, you're looking great! x
  • kksoucie
    kksoucie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You brought me to tears with your story. I am so very happy for you and know that you will meet your goal. I too had surgery complications and blood clotting factor. I got very lucky the doctors caught my pulmonary embolism and DVT when they did or I would not be alive to try to lose the weight either. Way to go!!!!!
  • arraby01
    arraby01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome story !!! You have come a long way and it shows in your smile !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!