Weird First Date

Options
1235»

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Yes, I called that one.

He was attractive, well built, nicely in shape.

We started talking, he talks about his kids. The perfect, excel at everything, never failed wonderful upper echelon of kidness. I'm like wow, you're a proud parent.

Everything went back to his kids, except....

My fitness goals. I ran and had a protein shake a little before the date. According to him, I'm drinking the wrong protein powder and not using enough. He asked about what I do at the gym, I replied Stronglifts, but I sprained my knee and had to take some time off. He told me I don't need to use my legs lifting weight since I'm a runner, huh? I've also chosen the wrong half marathon to be my first.

The best part I almost forgot to include... He told me Stronglifts would bulk me up.

He also got impatient in the beginning because we weren't seated fast enough.

Girl, bye.

Next....

At the risk of sounding like a hussy, I have a dinner date tonight with someone else. This isn't a first date, I hope to enjoy myself.

2 dates, 1 day. Are you online dating?

One of the common themes I'm seeing in this thread is that many of these bad dates are happening at restaurants. Meals out at restaurants in the early stages of dating don't necessarily showcase best. I prefer activities if possible.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump for more stories
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's very old school chivalrous. He was simply testing your food for poison, in order to prevent you from being harmed.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I was set up on a blind date the other night. I really didn't want to go, but forced myself to put on my big girl shoes and make the best of it. He seemed somewhat normal, very good looking, a little self centered but I can deal with that. The food came and he asked me how mine was, before I could answer, he reached across with his fork and started eating off my plate. Is it just me or is that just weird???

I had a Marine grab the chicken off my plate and start mowing down on it before I could even taste it, I think its a redneck thing lol
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    Yes, I called that one.

He was attractive, well built, nicely in shape.

We started talking, he talks about his kids. The perfect, excel at everything, never failed wonderful upper echelon of kidness. I'm like wow, you're a proud parent.

Everything went back to his kids, except....

My fitness goals. I ran and had a protein shake a little before the date. According to him, I'm drinking the wrong protein powder and not using enough. He asked about what I do at the gym, I replied Stronglifts, but I sprained my knee and had to take some time off. He told me I don't need to use my legs lifting weight since I'm a runner, huh? I've also chosen the wrong half marathon to be my first.

The best part I almost forgot to include... He told me Stronglifts would bulk me up.

He also got impatient in the beginning because we weren't seated fast enough.

Girl, bye.

Next....

At the risk of sounding like a hussy, I have a dinner date tonight with someone else. This isn't a first date, I hope to enjoy myself.

2 dates, 1 day. Are you online dating?

One of the common themes I'm seeing in this thread is that many of these bad dates are happening at restaurants. Meals out at restaurants in the early stages of dating don't necessarily showcase best. I prefer activities if possible.

Random side note: I don't understand online dating, I am trying it out right now and I get on of two messages...Pervy messages or "Can we text?" Is it just me or does this happen to all girls. I haven't had any sincere conversations with anyone on those sites. I mean who is going to give out there # to someone right off the bat on some site with out first establishing a connection, can you imagine how many creeps would get your cell. Secondly does anyone know how to start off a conversation on those sites that doesnt start off like "I bet you taste good" :/ ...really was that your best shot lol
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I grew up barely having any food, soooooo unless I absolutely love you, I will stab if you touch my food!!! lol
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    Random side note: I don't understand online dating, I am trying it out right now and I get on of two messages...Pervy messages or "Can we text?" Is it just me or does this happen to all girls. I haven't had any sincere conversations with anyone on those sites. I mean who is going to give out there # to someone right off the bat on some site with out first establishing a connection, can you imagine how many creeps would get your cell. Secondly does anyone know how to start off a conversation on those sites that doesnt start off like "I bet you taste good" :/ ...really was that your best shot lol

Well there are a lot of creeps on those sites.
    Myself i would not give number or anythig.
    First date always in public

See thats what I am saying why would I give you my personal number before I even knew your name or met you in person
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Well there are a lot of creeps on those sites.
    Myself i would not give number or anythig.
    First date always in public

See thats what I am saying why would I give you my personal number before I even knew your name or met you in person

well, you might want to talk to them on the phone a few times first maybe? that way you would know weather you actually have something to talk about.
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    No I dont mean after a few email exchanges have been made and a possible connection is established. I mean before they introduce themself or even know anything about you for instance your name they want your number. That is sketchy
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Have to admit that sometimes I do weird things like that on dates. Usually if I'm not too serious about getting in relationships with that girl, just wanna have fun.

Not because I am like that... I just like to troll them, lol. See their reaction, it's funny. Most of the times there are no second date haha. I met a girl who used to get turned on by me burping. A burping fetish, it ended up being too weird for me. I didn't wanted to burn or her burping when we made love. And she constantly fed me with gassed drinks. There are some people who are turned on by pretty weird stuff.

I wanna go to these 5 min quick dates where would date many ppl and switch seats every 5 min. I could make a new personality for every quick date. :D

You think I'm mean? It's, not mean! I'm still being nice to girls and everything. We all are fake, at least most of us. We all put a mask when we go to date. Usually it's more beautiful mask than our real face. To make us look better, leave better impression, maybe even some white lies to leave impression. But once you got in relationships you will find that out and then decide if you are fine by it or now. I just put the masks what are funny. ^^
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Have to admit that sometimes I do weird things like that on dates. Usually if I'm not too serious about getting in relationships with that girl, just wanna have fun.

Not because I am like that... I just like to troll them, lol. See their reaction, it's funny. Most of the times there are no second date haha. I met a girl who used to get turned on by me burping. A burping fetish, it ended up being too weird for me. I didn't wanted to burn or her burping when we made love. And she constantly fed me with gassed drinks. There are some people who are turned on by pretty weird stuff.

I wanna go to these 5 min quick dates where would date many ppl and switch seats every 5 min. I could make a new personality for every quick date. :D

You think I'm mean? It's, not mean! I'm still being nice to girls and everything. We all are fake, at least most of us. We all put a mask when we go to date. Usually it's more beautiful mask than our real face. To make us look better, leave better impression, maybe even some white lies to leave impression. But once you got in relationships you will find that out and then decide if you are fine by it or now. I just put the masks what are funny. ^^

cool story bro. tell it again.
  • jerbsod
    Options
    He thought you talked too much and ate too slow , he couldn't wait to get out of there ?
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options

cool story bro. tell it again.
    Why would I tell it again? You can just re-read the post if you want sis. :P