Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

KEURING/K CUPS

124»

Replies

• Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    The new Folgers Mocha is pretty good. along with the van haute Choc raspberry and french vanilla :tongue:

I think one of my favs is Grovestand Cappuccino. they have vanilla, caramel, hazelnut flavours. They also have some different hot chocolate and apple cider flavours too.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member

For hot cocoa for my grandmunchkins, I buy whatever kind they like, add it to a cup and just brew the hot water over it. Much cheaper than hot cocoa keurig cups/

I used the hot cocoa k cups once and they really clogged up my machine! So yeah, I do the same thing for regular cocoa or hot teas.

I see a lot of people have had good experiences with the refillable K cup. As for me, though - I've owned 2 different types and both of them were pretty crappy, hard to clean, and wound up with grinds in my cup. Yuck.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Donut Shop Coconut Mocha and Folgers Vanilla Biscotti are my 2 favorites.
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Bed Bath & Beyond offers a great variety of k cups. The have a box of holiday flavors. All with free shipping. They'll offer you a 20% coupon on one item. I have my k cups shipped by them. I also use the my k cups reuseable system. Can be a little messy to dump out the grounds, but can save a lot of money if you drink a lot of coffee.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Every now and then I get a 5-pack sample from Keurig.com just to try things before I buy. Works great for keeping just a few decaf around, too.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Green Mountain is the best brand IMHO. Southern Pecan is my all time favorite but I love the seasonal flavors this time of year - pumpkin, gingerbread, spicy eggnog etc.

Since your wife likes milder coffee, look for flavors that are light or medium roast.

Agree that Southern Pecan is very good. Also a seasonal flavor which should be out sometime in January 2013 is Green Mountain Golden French Toast (my absolute favorite). If she likes this flavor, I'd suggest stocking up the coffee when its available - not sure why they make it seasonal (as if people only eat french toast seasonally).
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Ditch the K-cups. They are an incredible waste of money. Get yourself a reusable filter, like the Melitta Javajig and make your own K-cups. You will save a crap-ton of money that way. You can usually find "one pot" coffees for $1 and they come in tons of flavors. Buy a bunch of those and a filter and you cake a couple hundred cups of coffee for the same price as buying 20 K-cups.