Pizza, seriously?

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    a medium slice with pepperoni, green peppers, and mushrooms is 230-240 calories.

considering that i often have days with a TDEE of 3700, i can *EASILY* fit a couple of pieces of pizza into my day.

2 of those pieces would contribute 20g of fat and 18g of protein to my macro goals.

pizza is truly a magical food! :happy:

516c0ef8afa96f099401e5b0.gif

Maybe if she learned to chew with her mouth closed, but yea. No. Not hawt. Tepid maybe . . .
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    a medium slice with pepperoni, green peppers, and mushrooms is 230-240 calories.

considering that i often have days with a TDEE of 3700, i can *EASILY* fit a couple of pieces of pizza into my day.

2 of those pieces would contribute 20g of fat and 18g of protein to my macro goals.

Maybe if she learned to chew with her mouth closed, but yea. No. Not hawt. Tepid maybe . . .

.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yeah seriously. Seriously delicious.

Pizza kicks *kitten*!!! Yes it does!! It's awesome!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Pizza from Dominos and Pizza Hut are dirt; try to find a real Pizzaria [don't forget your post-pizza work out]

pizza is sort of like sex; even if its bad, its still kind of good
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You haven't had pizza until you get a real one from Jersey or NYC! :)
  • andres0691
    andres0691 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I believe a cheese pizza Medium-Large size from Pizza Hut is somewhere around 250-300 calories. Which is why I eat 2 slices with my beverage ;D to total 700-800 calories
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    How much fat you gain in a bulk is more about how much over your TDEE you are eating and not the type of food you are eating as long as it fits your macros.

Eating pizza will simply put me over my TDEE, as I said, I wouldn't be able to stop at 2 slices. I know myself very well.
    Why is that surprisingly? 300 calories a slice x 2 slices = a perfectly reasonable dinner even when not bulking.

Just 2 slices of pizza for dinner might be reasonable but not really satisfying.
    And, eating a pizza automatically puts fat on you how? Nutrient partitioning tends to be much more of a product of total calories, macros and training, not individual foods. A large cheese pizza averages about 290 calories a slice, an entire pie gives you about 100 grams of protein.

I want to eat the entire pie, 4 or even 5 slices would never suffice, which would lead to faulty nutrients partitioning at the end of the day.

So your problem is self control, not pizza? Get a thin crush, light cheese, lots of veggies. Eat the whole thing. Or make it at home.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    the communists win if you don't eat pizza
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    pizzups_zps87e7cd01.gif

Funniest thing I have seen in ages :)
  • MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Depends on the pizza. Some slices are 500 or more!

Here's a tip: eat your pizza with a knife and fork the way the French and a lot of other Europeans do. It slows down your eating. Plus the other people at your table will make fun of you, and you'll have to argue with them. That way you'll notice that you're full before downing the third or fourth slice. Pizza is just too easy to eat quickly.

Great idea!
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I make so every 10 days a pizza myself. The dough is easy as, you can put on whatever you like and it has a lot less calories and sodium. Try it out, it's is a lot better than the frozen one and pizza hut!
  • nohaynicknamesdisponibles
    Options
    Pizza from Dominos and Pizza Hut are dirt; try to find a real Pizzaria [don't forget your post-pizza work out]

pizza shaming is not cool.
    It is and it's way more, eating Pizza Hut's Pizza provokes in us a violent flatulences - don't know what are the ingredients - it's fun for my son though
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    And, I make flatbreads which come in at about 250 calories for the roughly the size of my hand. No cr@p in them either, or excess salt. So, sure for 150 calories or so I can turn them into pizza with homemade tomato sauce and some toppings and cheese (wow, 400 calories a slice, he says ironically), but two of those would SATISFY ME, and even three would probably keep me under my calories if I was reasonably careful for the rest of the day, which I am.

Pizza is NOT a forbidden food. Especially if you do it yourself so there's no nasty chemicals in it ...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

No seefood?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

This is why I call all of the Detroit pizzerias "rape pizza" (awful, traumatizing sex). Any pizza in this city that isn't from a national chain is just horrible. I don't know why it's so difficult for them to make such a simple dish taste decent here.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    A SINGLE slice of pizza could possibly contain ~300 calories? Seriously?

I know it depends on different factors but that's just too much for an average.

What are your thoughts?

I think it sounds about right for an average, maybe even a bit low if you factor in all the types of pizzas that have VERY high calorie counts.

Seriously.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

This is why I call all of the Detroit pizzerias "rape pizza" (awful, traumatizing sex). Any pizza in this city that isn't from a national chain is just horrible. I don't know why it's so difficult for them to make such a simple dish taste decent here.

86.gif
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!!!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    yep and that is low
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's Take and Bake, delite crust!!!!!! The veggie with the red sauce has around 160 calories per slice.