People w/ TONS of calories "remaining"??!?!?

Options
I just don't get it! Sometimes I see like 400+ cals remaining.

When I have even 50 cals left, I debate b/w a piece of chocolate or a fruit or an egg...Do you guys (that have that many cals left) really not feel hungry, so leave the cals uneaten like that?

Ughh I wish I could get some caloric donations. It just doesn't work that way though :(

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Hell no. If I have more than about....3 calories remaining then I find a way to fill it in. Not leaving ANYTHING on the table.
  • healthnewlife
    Options
    i had work all day and i only bring a lunch so when i came home i was too tired to make anything! i still have a few hundred left over
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Hell no. If I have more than about....3 calories remaining then I find a way to fill it in. Not leaving ANYTHING on the table.
    ^yepyepyep
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a phase of cooking chicken breasts and it really fills me up with few cals. I love using remaining cals at night on the bad stuff like Vachon half-moon cakes :3
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    most times this happens to me it's because i'm too lazy to make anything and will just make up for it the next day at breakfast.

sometimes i'm just not hungry and will leave it for a day later on in he week where i know i will be hungry .

my left over calories eventually get terminated :laugh:
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I regularly leave 300-400 calories; not because I want to leave them - I could eat up to my limit - but if I do , then I am over the top on fat [and sometimes protein] so I just leave the calories. I've now exceeded my goal of 120 lbs and remain somewhere between 112 and 114 lbs.

My food diary is open to the public so feel free to have a look.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a phase of cooking chicken breasts and it really fills me up with few cals. I love using remaining cals at night on the bad stuff like Vachon half-moon cakes :3
    dat's how you do it.:flowerforyou:
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    If I have a really hard workout and burn 450-600 calories, then I easily can have a few hundred calories remaining. It's actually hard for me to eat all my calories some days but when i don't go the gym, it's really hard to stay under my goal! I think it just depends.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the only time I have anything left over it's BC im sick or ran for hours. Sometimes that upsets my stomach and idw to eat
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile I'll have extra calories remaining. Not often though.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

When I have even 50 cals left, I debate b/w a piece of chocolate or a fruit or an egg...Do you guys (that have that many cals left) really not feel hungry, so leave the cals uneaten like that?

Ughh I wish I could get some caloric donations. It just doesn't work that way though :(

^^THIS!!!

OMG like at my old job if you had too many vacation days left at the end of the year you could donate them to the "Catastrophic Bank" for other people to use in case they didn't have enough if something bad happened and they needed time off.
    I believe my PMS Hangriness would TOTALLY be a reason for some Catastrophic Banked calories!!
  • SnackHips
    SnackHips Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yea I end up with around that much left over...sometimes more. I am working on it because I want to be able to eat enough. Now....when I was still drinking and eating lots of empty calories there is no doubt I wouldn't have calories left. Eating nutrient dense food fills me up and I don't really crave anything.
  • arc8706
    Options
    Sometimes I leave them for a "margin of error" like if I think I may have underestimated the calorie count on a meal I had. I'm not super strict about weighing food and all that, so I just try to err on the side of caution. But I don't believe I would leave more than about 150 calories remaining.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    most times this happens to me it's because i'm too lazy to make anything

sometimes i'm just not hungry and will leave it for a day later on in the week where i know i will be hungry .

my left over calories eventually get terminated :laugh:

Me too
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I occasionally just don't feel hungry and can't decide what I want because I can't see eating for the sake of eating. That's the thing in trying to prevent. I still have over 400 calories tonight and have to wonder if I either underestimated my intake or if the database is I recalculating my calories burned. I eat when in hungry even if that means I go over but today I just don't feel it. So yeah sometimes I have calories left but I always be sure to net at least 1200.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I usually bank my extra calories for the rest of the week b/c I work on a weekly deficit, not a daily deficit. Also I have big calorie burns on the weekends, sometimes 800-900 cals each day. It doesn't make sense to me to stuff myself trying to meet my daily calorie goal when I can use them to help average out my weekly caloric goal.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

I've just adjusted my maintenance calories way up, to do the TDEE thing, to try and get my weight to stabilize (need to stop losing). It is hard to switch gears from 1,200-1,600 calories to over 2,200 at once, and I'm aiming to hit macros for the first time ever, which adds another layer to the whole thing. I've had to go from my prefered method of eating (IF with 2-3 meals and nothing else), to now eating 6 times a day, just to get all the calories in. I've also had to start adding protein bars in for the calories/protein. Frankly the whole thing is a big pain in the butt :tongue:
  • SnackHips
    SnackHips Posts: 90 Member
    Options

If you need 1600 cals, that's the equivalent of 8 poptarts. And who wouldnt be able to eat 8 poptarts in one sitting?

bleh! I couldn't even eat one. Those things are gross. lol
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Hmmm very interesting! I was mostly looking at the ones with no exercise logged in though. I usually eat around 1600-1750 cals and burn around 450 5x a week, have 100 cals left but it says I have 660 left b/c of the exercise.

Like literally debating mutiple 100 calories options lol. Maybe some dark chocolate and an egg white, or a piece of chocolate and a baby sweet potato....or maybe a baby sweet potato and some protein! First world problems right here lmao.

I've also always wondered what would happen if you could buy/sell pounds. I guess it would lead to another class system. It would probably motivate me more to keep the pounds off for the money though.

And I kind of understand eating pretty filling foods like chicken breast. But don't you think about that crunchy delicious apple w/ peanut butter or piece of salted caramel chocolate, or even stick of celery with hummus you could eat with those cals? I care more about the actual ingredients/sodium/additives atm, but if I didn't, I would totally open the freezer and eat an extra 2 ice cream skinny cow sandwiches with the extra calories if I had that many!