People w/ TONS of calories "remaining"??!?!?

Options

Replies

• sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever have any calories left over (as a matter of fact I've been going over a lot lately). I don't understand how you could regularly have hundreds left over?! Eat some chocolate or a food you enjoy!

No can do. Chocolate puts me over on fat.
  • sohmui
    Options
    I regularly leave 300-400 calories; not because I want to leave them - I could eat up to my limit - but if I do , then I am over the top on fat [and sometimes protein] so I just leave the calories. I've now exceeded my goal of 120 lbs and remain somewhere between 112 and 114 lbs.
    What horrible thing happens if you go over on fats or proteins?
    Over on fat: clogged arteries, heart disease; over on protein: can adversely affect the liver especially if you are not young.
  • sohmui
    Options
    Many would contend MFP sets protein far too low.
    I've checked on other sites, e.g. Livestrong. MFP protein set compares more or less with them.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever have any calories left over (as a matter of fact I've been going over a lot lately). I don't understand how you could regularly have hundreds left over?! Eat some chocolate or a food you enjoy!

No can do. Chocolate puts me over on fat.

And the problem is?
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Haha, caloric donations would be awesome! :love:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile I'll have extra calories remaining. Not often though.
    Ditto!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Many would contend MFP sets protein far too low.
    I've checked on other sites, e.g. Livestrong. MFP protein set compares more or less with them.

You are right, it's pretty low on all of them, IMO. It's generally fine to go over your protein and fat macros.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Haha, caloric donations would be awesome! :love:
    yes it would! :wink: :laugh:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I operate on a 3 day system with a goal deficit of 250 calories. By day 3, if I'm under, I eat enough so I'm at a 750 calorie deficit and on track.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    1. i'm just not hungry
    1. i don't trust the exercise calories
    1. i'm just not hungry
    1. i can't eat as many calories as this site tells me too
    1. i don't trust the food calorie estimates
    1. (today) I estimated a lot.. but usually I weight and measure everything.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I actually have my limit set at the maintenance level for my goal weight, so I am not too worried if I am a bit below that as long as I am above 1250
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    There are days when I have 9, or 18 calories left, and I try so hard to figure out wtf I can eat with 9 or 18 calories. Or if I have 53 calories and I want something for 60, then I think about what I have to do to burn those extra 7 calories off... like run, instead of walk, to the kitchen.

Uneaten calories should be illegal. Unless the person is sick, of course.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I just don't get it! Sometimes I see like 400+ cals remaining.

When I have even 50 cals left, I debate b/w a piece of chocolate or a fruit or an egg...Do you guys (that have that many cals left) really not feel hungry, so leave the cals uneaten like that?

Ughh I wish I could get some caloric donations. It just doesn't work that way though :(

My food and exercise dairy is inaccurate.

I don't own a food scale, a fitbit, heart rate monitor, or any other device.

I'm not sure how fast I walk or if I really burn all the calories the MFP database says.

If I rake the leaves in my yard, that's not in the database at all, so I Google it and then pick something close, like gardening. MFP friends with HRMs said they were surprised to find they burned far fewer calories than they'd thought they were burning.

I don't worry about it. I'm living in a healthy way. I'm eating food I can easily eat for the rest of my life. If I have a lot of calories left, I eat if i'm hungry, and if I'm not hungry I don't eat. I figure the dairy is not accurate anyway. The big picture is that I'm living in an overall very healthy way.
  • lisa8x9
    Options
    I don't eat them all because I don't completely trust that my logging is accurate, I feel kind of guilty about it since I have not been doing a lot of exercise lately, and I figure I'll use them when I go away for the weekends or vacation and eat like a pig or when I give in to waffles, crepes, gelato or an amazing French pastry.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't get it either. I see people in my friend list with 2000 calorie goals who eat 1100 calories, everyone is telling them 'good job' and I just shake my head.

If I have calories left, I'm the same way, I try to fill them! Often I'm adding veggies 1g at a time to reach my goal in the evening...
  • kfelton1226
    kfelton1226 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set to 1 Lb per week so being under is not a bad thing. I try to be under by at least 100 or so - it doesn't always happen though.
  • Steins_Gate
    Steins_Gate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There are days when I have 9, or 18 calories left, and I try so hard to figure out wtf I can eat with 9 or 18 calories. Or if I have 53 calories and I want something for 60, then I think about what I have to do to burn those extra 7 calories off... like run, instead of walk, to the kitchen.

Uneaten calories should be illegal. Unless the person is sick, of course.

worrying about 9-18 and how to burn it off should be illegal
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if iI have not been working out then I typically leave about 500 under maintenance so I can have a lot left on certain days...

FYI - people may be on a different plan then you are...
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I usually have about 200-350 left over for the day. I eat a lot of protein with a lot of it being low calorie it fills me up without all the calories and fillers involved I don't usually eat past 8 and am in bed by 9/9:30. If I eat all my calories its usually on a splurge day.
  • GBPack93
    Options
    Somedays I get huge burns in so I'm left over with hundreds (occasionally over 1k) but I usually make up for it somewhere.