LEMON IN BOILING WATER

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    thanks for the preaching (see earlier comment!!!)
    it was a straightforward question regarding metabolism. it is not a long term thing!

the only way to "jump start" or increase your metabolism is with food. and then MORE food.

Use lemon water if you like it- but don't rely on it for anything other than refreshing water.

I don't think it falls into one of the essential MACRO-nutrient category's- you know- the things you need to survive.

Disagree. Exercise and Amphetamines both increase metabolism quite effectively.

From what I understand seercise doesn't really improve the condition of the metabolism- it just increases your body's needs- I think it's different to say that you are improving your metabolism when you aren't- you are just increasing the need. Making something run more efficiently is different than increasing it's load. least- that's how I've been lead to understand it. But I could be wrong- I'm more into the meat head side of things not the diet side of things.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    You're doing it wrong. Add a scoop of protein powder to the water before adding the lemon. Chase it with a piece of toast. That'll get you on the right track.

I would recommend starting with cold water, tie the lemon around a frog....slowly boil; lemon water and the frog protein....HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY and some creole seasoning.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I know this is a "crash diet" but it's not made me hungry, I'm losing weight and I have energy and I'm happy. Been drinking lemon in boiling water throughout the working day and fruit and veg when hungry - I have my evening meal, something small and healthy.

My question IS - is it ok for your metabolism for you to drink mainly lemon water without much food at all - I KNOW THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS SO NO PREACHERS PLEASE! just an answer :)

Thanks guys x

NO ! and to re-enforce it, another NO !
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You don't get much protein from fruits and veggies (vegetarians can get enough protein, but they eat more variety in general).

An extreme diet, with very low calories and low protein, puts you at risk of losing a large proportion of your muscle mass.

Less muscle means that you will have a lower metabolism. In turn, it's a lot harder to keep the weight off, and when weight does come back it's mostly fat (not replacing the muscle you lost).

So, straight, no-preaching-just-facts-answer is NO …. It's not okay for your metabolism. It will most likely going to mess up your metabolism.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.