Guess the next diet fad!

Options
I'm going to guess it will be a no-acid-fruit diet. When I eat fruits such as oranges or pineapples, I will get canker sores if I dont brush my teeth or use mouthwash afterwards, so acid fruit must be terrible for you. Also, studies have shown that fruit in acid can eat away at tooth enamel, so imagine what it must be doing to our insides!!! Then I will perform a very biased, and extremely "patchy" study that will conclude that all acid fruit is bad for you, and if you do not avoid it, you will get migrane headaches, develop severe nerve damage and have a mental breakdown.

Farewell lemons, berries, oranges and other acidic fruits! You will no longer be allowed to fill me with your infectious poisons anymore!!

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    C'mon, I know some of you out there are creative to think of something silly!!!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    mmmmm no fat diet!!! Will probably be some study that shows having fat can adversely affect you're health because well you know fat makes you fat lol. You should only eat protein and carbs ^_^

Ignorance is bliss I guess :)
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Homeless Diet aka Found Food Diet. You can only eat leftovers you find laying around at various places. The smaller portions will be the big draw here. Bonus points if you find half eaten gluten free or Greek items!
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Homeless Diet aka Found Food Diet. You can only eat leftovers you find laying around at various places. The smaller portions will be the big draw here. Bonus points if you find half eaten gluten free or Greek items!

bahahaha i'm laughing so hard
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Getting kicked or punched in the stomach over and over will strengthen your core and control your appetite at the same time.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    if you eat while walking the entire time you are eating, you will not gain weight.:laugh:
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    mmmmm no fat diet!!! Will probably be some study that shows having fat can adversely affect you're health because well you know fat makes you fat lol. You should only eat protein and carbs ^_^

I thought that was called the 90s.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

bahahaha i'm laughing so hard

love this. gross
  • linzchapates
    Options
    The chew but don't swallow diet. You are permitted to chew all the food you want but have to spit it out and swallow nothing solid, only liquids such as a protein shakes or smoothies.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    Options
    The chew but don't swallow diet. You are permitted to chew all the food you want but have to spit it out and swallow nothing solid, only liquids such as a protein shakes or smoothies.

I like this but how will I get my probiotics this way?
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options

I thought that was called the 90s.

ahhh yeh fat did make me fat in the 90s ^_^

lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    fruit juicing and eliminating all sugars...
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    Options
    fruit juicing and eliminating all sugars...

I've totally cut out sugar myself. I used to put tons of syrup on my pancakes for instance but I use organic local honey now instead!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    No Chicken Diet

Lots of people eat chicken.
    Lots of people are fat.
    Ergo: Cutting out chicken will make you skinny
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess it will be a no-acid-fruit diet. When I eat fruits such as oranges or pineapples, I will get canker sores if I dont brush my teeth or use mouthwash afterwards, so acid fruit must be terrible for you. Also, studies have shown that fruit in acid can eat away at tooth enamel, so imagine what it must be doing to our insides!!! Then I will perform a very biased, and extremely "patchy" study that will conclude that all acid fruit is bad for you, and if you do not avoid it, you will get migrane headaches, develop severe nerve damage and have a mental breakdown.

Farewell lemons, berries, oranges and other acidic fruits! You will no longer be allowed to fill me with your infectious poisons anymore!!
    Based on the fact that acidic foods seemed to be the main trigger for my morning sickness when I was pregnant, the only non-acidic fruit in existence is bananas. Apples were killer!

Anyway, I hope the next fad is the Green M&M Diet because I made it up and I want people to pay me. Guaranteed results.
  • pinky6767
    Options
    The model diet ! where all your allowed to eat is cotton balls soaked in orange juice . Just swallow em. Thats all you get and you think your full. True story . heeheee
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The model diet ! where all your allowed to eat is cotton balls soaked in orange juice . Just swallow em. Thats all you get and you think your full. True story . heeheee

:sick: please tell me that's a sick (enter expletive here) joke
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

This is actually a real thing. It's called something different, but I saw it on "My Secret Life" once on Discovery Channel.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Feeding tube/IV diet. You just load up the required amount of calories for the day and stop eating with your mouth entirely.

Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me. :(
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    The "I have to wear protective gear while handling sugar". It absorbs through the skin, ya know!