Guess the next diet fad!

Options

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The chew but don't swallow diet. You are permitted to chew all the food you want but have to spit it out and swallow nothing solid, only liquids such as a protein shakes or smoothies.

Believe it or not, that's already been done. Was all the rage in certain circles about 10 years ago.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    the bonobo diet

it doesn't matter what you eat, but you have to have sex before eating as a means to facilitate food sharing and not fighting over the food. Plus sex burns calories as we all know, and wild bonobos don't suffer from obesity.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    A lot of kids are doing that around here. The cotton ball + OJ thing.

:sick: :frown:

I know, right? Not to be overly sensitive and PMS all over a funny thread, but it'd be really nice to see a new logical diet fad. "You're beautiful how you are; all shapes are welcome - your health is more important than your pant size" and have pictures of women of all races, weights, shapes and sizes who are HEALTHY (which =/= always skinny) in very flattering clothes scattered around the internet.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    HCG diet .. the next big thing.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    dust-margery-dawes-little-britain-demotivational-poster-1217358276.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The chew but don't swallow diet. You are permitted to chew all the food you want but have to spit it out and swallow nothing solid, only liquids such as a protein shakes or smoothies.

I think this is just a version of bulimia. :ohwell:
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The Alphabet Diet!

It's a 26 day diet plan, where you can eat anything you want - it just has to begin with the letter of the alphabet listed for whichever day of the plan you're at. The catch is that it has to be an actual food, not a brand name. No, you cannot eat Cheetos, or Corn Pops on day 3 (C) , although corn dogs and candy corn would be fine.

Day 1 - A
    Apples, avocadoes, apricots, artichokes, Alpaca, Antelope, etc

Day 26 - Z
    Zucchini....erm...zuchinni...did I mention Zucchini?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Romans...
    The standard military fare of the Roman soldier included meats such as salted pork, sausage, ham, and bacon. Baked bread, peas, lentils, beans, olive oil and wine also accompanied the troops’ meal. If wine was although not available, a drink known as posca, which consisted of water and vinegar, made –if not a tasteful- an efficient substitute. Even with these seeming improvements, grain continued to supply the majority of the diet, although more high quality protein could be elicited from this food source...

http://lilitheden.hubpages.com/hub/An-Army-Marches-On-Its-Stomach-An-Analysis-of-the-Ancient-Soldiers-Diet
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Believe it or not, that's already been done. Was all the rage in certain circles about 10 years ago.

:noway: It's enough to make you spit.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    The celery, water and vitamin pills diet. Not sure if that already exists, but it wouldn't surprise me.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    The sugar cube and soy bean diet. You eat 3 cups steamed, raw, or milked soybeans three times a day, and two times a day you can melt 3 sugar cubes in your mouth. You get all the carbs, sugars and proteins needed for a perfectly balanced diet, and its in 5 small meals
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    did anyone say "Vaping Diet"?

Where you use an e-cigarette when you're hungry? Kinda like when people used to take up smoking to lose or maintain weight.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Ye Olde British sailors diet. You eat meat preserved in salt, plus limes and drink as much rum as you like.

Don't forget the ships biscuits with added vitamin weevil!

It sounds good. Where do I sign up?

:bigsmile:
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Homeless Diet aka Found Food Diet. You can only eat leftovers you find laying around at various places. The smaller portions will be the big draw here. Bonus points if you find half eaten gluten free or Greek items!

this is an actual thing but vegan food -- its called Freegan.

Not all freegans are vegans. I have a friend that will dumpster dive cheese pizza.

OMG, I think I just vomited a little...
  • corabe
    Options
    Oh, that's good! I think it will be this! :smile:
  • samanthahix12
    Options
    My FIL's GF actually believed that if she ate a small square of dark chocolate and drank a glass of red wine before bed she would lose weight.

I think it was a Dr. Oz "tip."
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Next fad diet... tape worms and seaweed diet. The sad part is it's probably already being done... and is probably Dr. Oz approved. :noway:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The NoPro(tm) Diet - No protein at all, low fat and high carbs; because who wants those unsightly muscles?!
  • corabe
    Options
    I remember the baby food diet, that was awful. I still shudder when I think of it.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options

This is fairly close to Fletcherism, a fad of the late 1800s/early 1900s.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcherism)