What's your workout pet peeve??

Options
So I was talking to this lady at work a few weeks ago who was in the bathroom right before we all left for the day and she was dressed in workout clothes and brushing her teeth...."What are you doing?" I asked. After of course spitting a rinsing she responded "I hate working out with an unclean mouth.." What a weirdo I thought, but then the more I think about it I realized I have my own pet peeves when it comes to exercising! I CANNOT workout without first putting chapstick on...why? I have no clue. So I was just curious...what are your guy's workout pet peeves/must have??

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I need my iPod, can't workout without it....not really a pet peeve though.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    So I was talking to this lady at work a few weeks ago who was in the bathroom right before we all left for the day and she was dressed in workout clothes and brushing her teeth...."What are you doing?" I asked. After of course spitting a rinsing she responded "I hate working out with an unclean mouth.." What a weirdo I thought, but then the more I think about it I realized I have my own pet peeves when it comes to exercising! I CANNOT workout without first putting chapstick on...why? I have no clue. So I was just curious...what are your guy's workout pet peeves??
    Toothpaste = breathing heavy- don't want anyone to keel over from your breath.
    Chapstick= again breathing heavy- lips get dried out, and sweat burns them when they crack.

I do both. :ohwell:
  • AntiSocialyte
    AntiSocialyte Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am very unhappy if I have to do cardio without music :(.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    fresh socks. the rare times i work out after work, i need to bring fresh socks. i just can't work out in socks i've been wearing all day.

biking to the pool and then swimming and then biking home?? you better believe i'm bringing an extra set of socks with me for the ride back.
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    Sounds more like workout must have. Mine is water and right clothes. Guess I am an easy fix :) My pet peeve is A**holes at the gym who are in mega good shape scoffing at me for trying. Hey at least I am out there doing it not just sitting on my bum complaining! God I hate meat heads!
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I always shower before a workout.. Just feel warm and refreshed. Everyone always asks me if I am finished with my
    workout and I explain to them why I shower. Just a habit I have from my racquetball days.
    also I have to have the same bike for spin and the same spot for body pump. I wish I could change that.
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    fresh socks. the rare times i work out after work, i need to bring fresh socks. i just can't work out in socks i've been wearing all day.

LOL Hubby is same way!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    When sweat gets in my ear and knocks my ear buds out.
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I need my Heart Rate Monitor....if I forget it home and can't calculate calories why bother working out?? :laugh:
  • amanda7630
    Options

biking to the pool and then swimming and then biking home?? you better believe i'm bringing an extra set of socks with me for the ride back.

Ha ha this is great!
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I am very unhappy if I have to do cardio without music :(.

+1

Running without music is the pits.
  • amanda7630
    Options
    Sounds more like workout must have. Mine is water and right clothes. Guess I am an easy fix :) My pet peeve is A**holes at the gym who are in mega good shape scoffing at me for trying. Hey at least I am out there doing it not just sitting on my bum complaining! God I hate meat heads!

Soooo messed up! I don't think I'll ever understand people who act that way...whenever I see someone in the gym, no matter how big they are I ALWAYS think, HELL YEA! YOU GET IT! I admire anyone in the gym working to be healthier. Forget those losers, if they are that vain then how fulfilling could their lives possibly be? Sad for them. Keep it up with your hard work! You'll be even sexier that them in no time! ;)
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Anyone using the weights I want, when I want them. It's my gym get outta my way!!!!
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    People spending more time talking in the locker room than out on the floor working out
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When sweat gets in my ear and knocks my ear buds out.

DITTO!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Anyone using the weights I want, when I want them. It's my gym get outta my way!!!!

Ha, this is so me. I am friends with the owner of the gym and I looked at him the other day and asked if he could ask the guy using the rack to leave. I was joking, but man it drives me crazy :) Luckily, my gym is expanding and we will have a second rack soon.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    sweat in my eyes...but also
    1. People sitting (do nothing) talking on a machine and getting the evil eye when you ask politely to work in.
    2. People finishing a set and then sitting there resting for the next set...get up, some one else can use the machine while you are at rest. I promise to wipe it down after I finish each of my sets.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    The group of 4 old ladies standing around the circuit... getting in my way while I'm trying to work... and then when they tell me they have priority on the machines because they're doing that 30 minute thing. All 4 in a row. Um... NO.:angry:
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Fat guys who think they are all that cause they lift mega weight or short guys who think they are all that cause they are ripped....
    Dude.... you're still fat...and you are still short. Get over yourself.
  • badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If I forget my music, towel or water bottle...it's not going to be a good workout.

And I HATE when my earphone give me problems when i'm sweating