What's your workout pet peeve??

Options

Replies

• mcouey84
    mcouey84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Easy - the guy who raps and shadow boxes right outside the ladies' weight room. About two months ago he was hard at it and accidentally punched the wall o' mirrors in front of him. He made good contact, but luckily he didn't break it and just had to leave embarrassed.

I laughed so hard I had to hop off the stairmaster until I settled back down :)
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    People that have the treadmill on an 80 degree angle and are walking while holding on the rails and leaning back...you do realize you are not doing any work at all?!?! The treadmill is doing everything....let go of the rails and use your arms and legs! If you can't walk on that angle, then LOWER IT! ugh!

People that sit on a machine and text and don't work out...Sunday, I did 4 different leg exercises with barbells while waiting for this guy to get off the leg press and I finished 4 exercises with 3 sets of 12 reps and he still was on it...MOVE IT OR LOSE IT PAL!!

Thank you for letting me vent. ;)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i hate when i have those days when my mind and body arent on the same page.

like yesterday i was mentally ready to KILL it in the gym but when i got there i just wasnt physically able to do it because my blood pressure was so low.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    People that have the treadmill on an 80 degree angle and are walking while holding on the rails and leaning back...you do realize you are not doing any work at all?!?! The treadmill is doing everything....let go of the rails and use your arms and legs! If you can't walk on that angle, then LOWER IT! ugh!

People that sit on a machine and text and don't work out...Sunday, I did 4 different leg exercises with barbells while waiting for this guy to get off the leg press and I finished 4 exercises with 3 sets of 12 reps and he still was on it...MOVE IT OR LOSE IT PAL!!

Thank you for letting me vent. ;)
    Oh, the treadmill thing drives me mad too!
    Also people (and not necessarily girls :smile: ) who stand looking in the mirrors primping and preening just getting in the way!
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is the chit chatty girls and guys on the treadmill that are running and carrying on a full conversation with the person next to them. They get louder and louder because they have to talk over the sound on the machine and them running. If I end up hearing them through my head phones, I stop and go somewhere else. It drives me nuts. If someone can carry on conversation that loud, they aren't working hard enough! Save your conversation for coffee time!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    The guys that talk around the weights/machines you want to use and they are just wasting time not working out..

Sweat from my head gets on my ears and my earbuds fall out (as someone else mentioned)

Having my music die during my cardio leaving me nothing to listen to for the rest of my workout

No music when doing cardio... hate it.. you hear everything..

1 side of my headphones starts to go bad and then goes out... I really feel like punching the machine for that..
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options

SO THIS! as well as the ones that run but then jump their feet to the side, stop go stop go stop go, if you can't handle running that fast then slow down the speed! lol
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    1. Being hit on while working out. Really guy? I didn't make eye contact with you, I am clearly in the middle of working out, and you decide to approach me? No. Just no.
    2. The old man at the gym who READS on the bench press bench. No, it is not a program he is following, it's a novel. While wearing jeans. Like it's a freaking Barnes and Noble. Although, I'll admit, it's hilarious to witness. And also, I don't bench press, so....
    3. People who take an obscene amount of time with their sets. Does it really take you 20 minutes to use the leg press? Oh, what's that? Oh, I see you're texting 18 out of the 20 minutes. I get it. Also, not cool.
    4. People who don't wipe up their sweat off the machines. Just ewwwww.
    5. Wearing perfume or cologne to the gym. You are sweating ma'am, is it necessary to wear sex panther perfume on the stair master?! By the way, thanks for the sinus headache now.
    On an unrelated note, I love my gym. :bigsmile:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i think this thread was poorly titled. it's supposed to be about your personal idiosyncrasies in regards to the gym. you know, how some people have "their" elliptical, or something.
  • dietcoke29
    dietcoke29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not so much a pet peeve anymore because I workout at home. I hated girls who hogged the cardio machines of course had a full face of makeup.

Oh and spray a ton of perfume cologne before working out. The combo of sweat and perfume makes me gag.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    THE CHILDREN. Usually they are contained to a separate area of the gym, but in the evenings my gym has a program to teach middle-school aged children how to safely use gym equipment and by that I mean they appear entirely unsupervised and run around using every piece of equipment you may take your eyes off of for 5 second, jumping on your box during your step ups, moving the weights you were using, etc. I mostly judge the parents who are likely working out in peace while their children bug everyone else. Sometimes someone says, in a weak voice, "ask before you use the equipment if someone else is using it..", with no enforcement.

Also, the old men who come to the gym purely to watch the other patrons and cackle at other peoples weight/inability/whatever. I often over hear a particular individual commenting on how women just aren't made to be in shape, are "too fat to lift their own body weight" (while watching someone do pushups), and laughing at people who are obviously giving it their all. I hate gym judgement -- if someone is there, then give them credit for trying.

This also goes for the glaring women who seem to loathe me (and I am NOT in enviable shape), based on their eye-daggers at me on their way to cardio class.

And I agree with things others have mentioned -- sweat in my eyes(!!!), people who text and hold up equipment, absurdly sexy or impractical gym wear, and people in the change room who choose to undress and use the locker right beside you when the rest of the gym is empty. Ugh.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    The person who feels it is necessary to run on the treadmill and hit the plastic piece on the bottom with their feet so it makes this ridiculously loud pounding noise for at least an hour... I can hear it over my music... completely unnecessary.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Forgetting my damn sneakers. I did that last night. Or when my earbuds crap out...or when someone has the music on too loud and I can't hear my own tunes.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Not so much a pet peeve anymore because I workout at home. I hated girls who hogged the cardio machines of course had a full face of makeup.

I was waiting for this one to show up.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i think this thread was poorly titled. it's supposed to be about your personal idiosyncrasies in regards to the gym. you know, how some people have "their" elliptical, or something.

On that note, forgetting my HRM as it serves as my clock and motivator, and forgetting my music or headphones is an instant workout killer. I also HATE working out in full-length pants.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    LADIES NOT WEARING UNDERWEAR AT THE GYM.

Had to be said.
    When I go, I wipe that thing down multiple times since reading that thread.
    I also sit on 2 towels. YES TWO.

-shudder-
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    The person who feels it is necessary to run on the treadmill and hit the plastic piece on the bottom with their feet so it makes this ridiculously loud pounding noise for at least an hour... I can hear it over my music... completely unnecessary.

I can't help it... My feet are big. :(

My pet peeve is the meat-head muscle people who are obviously pointing out and making fun of the overweight people at the gym. Not all muscle-y people are jerks, but the ones who are bug me. The people who snort at others for being overweight and then make fun of them when they see them trying. I guess since they started getting in such fantastic shape, they forgot that they didn't just snap their fingers and become muscular over night. JERKS. :grumble:
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

Had to be said.

-shudder-

How do you know they aren't wearing underwear? I guess I don't inspect the other ladies in my gym that close.
  • Ninguneado77
    Options
    I discovered only recently I hate people doing circuit training in a non circuit training area
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Had to be said.

-shudder-

How do you know they aren't wearing underwear? I guess I don't inspect the other ladies in my gym that close.
    There was a thread here last month that most of the women on here admitted to not wearing underwear on the workout machines.
    So... Precautionary measures.