What's your workout pet peeve??

Options

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I hate this creepy old guy who sits on a machine directly behind me when I'm on the elliptical and just stares. He doesn't even use the equipment. He just sits there and stares at all the women. Old creeper. He looks like a monster I've seen on Scooby Doo.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Re-rack the mother fking weights when you're done. I don't care how many sets you've done. Put them ****s back on the rack and IN THE RIGHT ORDER. I shouldn't have to pick up one 70 from the floor and walk 35 feet to the other end of the rack to find the other.

Also... the jumpers. You know them. The ones who take out the steppers, stack them, and jump on them in the middle of the free weights area. Take that shizz into the aerobics room. It's 5 am. No one is using the damn room.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So I was talking to this lady at work a few weeks ago who was in the bathroom right before we all left for the day and she was dressed in workout clothes and brushing her teeth...."What are you doing?" I asked. After of course spitting a rinsing she responded "I hate working out with an unclean mouth.." What a weirdo I thought, but then the more I think about it I realized I have my own pet peeves when it comes to exercising! I CANNOT workout without first putting chapstick on...why? I have no clue. So I was just curious...what are your guy's workout pet peeves??
    Toothpaste = breathing heavy- don't want anyone to keel over from your breath.
    Chapstick= again breathing heavy- lips get dried out, and sweat burns them when they crack.

I do both. :ohwell:

Yep, I also do both. And I workout alone at home.
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am very unhappy if I have to do cardio without music :(.

I TOTALLY agree! If I forget my music, I want to just go home.

My pet peeve about others.....sweating all over the treadmill/elliptical/whatever and then not wiping them down. This aggravates me to no end. Seriously people...I have to use that machine when you get off!
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When I'm working out, I sometimes get so into it that I forget I'm not the typical person, and my knee will go out. It happens so much these days that I have to exercise very tenderly and carefully and that grinds my gears.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I have to shower and then gather all my specific gear and gadgets before going to the gym:

HRM
    Phone/Headphones/Armband
    Knee Braces (I have terribly subluxing patellas)
    Mix up BCAAs in shaker bottle
    Fill up plain water bottle
    Pack clean sweat towel and headband to keep hair out of my face
    Print NROL spreadsheet and enter my goal sets/reps/weights for each exercise

Sometimes I dread getting read for the gym more than going to the gym, but all the elements must be present in order for me to have a great workout.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    People who make the gym social hour. When I'm in the gym I'm all business I hate working out hearing people laghing and cutting up do that **** at home not the gym.
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I need to have my ipod and and towel when doing cardio as I cannot run without music. I also hate sweat on my forehead and neck, I don't mind getting sweaty but I don't like it hanging around.

Pet peeve that I have no control over: Gym 'Barbie's who hang around making sure that everyone has noticed them before using a machine at such a low intensity that they do not break a sweat, ruin their hair or makeup.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    LADIES NOT WEARING UNDERWEAR AT THE GYM.

Had to be said.
    When I go, I wipe that thing down multiple times since reading that thread.
    I also sit on 2 towels. YES TWO.

-shudder-

How do you know they aren't wearing underwear? I guess I don't inspect the other ladies in my gym that close.
    There was a thread here last month that most of the women on here admitted to not wearing underwear on the workout machines.
    So... Precautionary measures.

Good to know :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Oh and spray a ton of perfume cologne before working out. The combo of sweat and perfume makes me gag.
    forgot this. i got stuck on a treadmill recently next to some guy who was all saturated with sex panther or old spice or something equally annoying. i was thinking WHO needs to put on that much cologne on a sunday afternoon?!
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe down the machines after they use them. It makes me sick to see people sweating like crazy finish with a machine and then just go start using another . . . so gross.
  • stillnot2late
    Options
    LADIES NOT WEARING UNDERWEAR AT THE GYM.

Had to be said.
    When I go, I wipe that thing down multiple times since reading that thread.
    I also sit on 2 towels. YES TWO.

-shudder-

How do you know they aren't wearing underwear? I guess I don't inspect the other ladies in my gym that close.

Another pet peeve or gear grinder, not that its my business, is the workout underwear. How do we know those aren't just everyday panties? One particular girl hikes her leg up to dig them outta her bum.
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    People (women usually) yakking on their cell phones while on the treadmill. OMG, shut up!

People (guys usually) who claim more than one machine b/c they jump back and forth between them. Dude, you can have one machine at a time...you aren't the only person trying to get a work out.

Head sweat on the machine benches. Use a towel!

The housekeeping lady at the gym who cleans the machines with a FEATHER DUSTER. Yeah, that should remove all the sweat grime.

When my kids/husband call me when I'm at the gym. No, I don't know what we are having for dinner. No, I don't know where your controller/shoes/remote are. Stop calling me. This is my personal hour and don't bother me unless you are bleeding from the ears. (Obviously I'm in the running for mother/wife of the year)
  • stillnot2late
    Options
    People (women usually) yakking on their cell phones while on the treadmill. OMG, shut up!

People (guys usually) who claim more than one machine b/c they jump back and forth between them. Dude, you can have one machine at a time...you aren't the only person trying to get a work out.

Head sweat on the machine benches. Use a towel!

The housekeeping lady at the gym who cleans the machines with a FEATHER DUSTER. Yeah, that should remove all the sweat grime.

When my kids/husband call me when I'm at the gym. No, I don't know what we are having for dinner. No, I don't know where your controller/shoes/remote are. Stop calling me. This is my personal hour and don't bother me unless you are bleeding from the ears. (Obviously I'm in the running for mother/wife of the year)

I got a kick outta this one! funny
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I need music when I lift.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I must have my gum and my music.
  • koos22
    koos22 Posts: 22
    Options
    Anyone using the weights I want, when I want them. It's my gym get outta my way!!!!

YES.

Confession: I once accidentally broke a mirror in the gym because I was angry someone was sitting on the machine I wanted, doing nothing. :(
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I can't work out if I've recently applied moisturizer or lotion anywhere on my body. My skin feels so slimy and I feel like the sweat is like "trapped." I don't know it just really grosses me out feeling that way!
  • SGTRizzuto
    SGTRizzuto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    its made with real panther so you know it's good. It works 60% of the time every time.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

I have a friend that the only time she calls me is between 5-5:30, I have been going to the gym around this time for over 4 years, stop calling me then. I don't answer it ever!