Do you know any food that burns body fat?

Options

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I admit to not reading all of the posts. however, if you eat something zero calorie or exceptionally low calorie (such as cucumbers or celery) the energy expenditure of eating that food may be greater than the calorie content of the food itself...leading to a net loss?

Sure, thermic effect of food is a thing. But you're sure not going to make a 500 calorie deficit by adding a ton of zero calorie sodas to your diet. It's negligible, and TEoF is already included in your calculated calorie needs.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    A shot of hydrofluoric acid will burn right through your body fat...and your muscles, bones, and skin... But hey! As long as you get skinny.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    tape worms

especially if they are served spicy since spicy foods start your metabolism
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Cold water... Does require caloric burn to bring it to body temp and will assist in weight loss... There is some evidence that green tea and coffee do raise the speed of your metabolism slightly. The real answer is Eat Less Move More.
    Sorry no magic pills

It is true that cold water burns calories. If you switched all your water from tepid to iced you can burn enough calories in a year to lose a whole pound.

Or you could just stand in a cold pool for a week. (Teens- Don't try this at home.)

I think the highest thermic effect food is protein at around 10% of its own calories. So not matter what you eat, you will probably net at least 90% of the calories as usable energy after digestion. Though if your celery is really chewy...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Stuffing.

At least I hope it does.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I think the highest thermic effect food is protein at around 10% of its own calories. So not matter what you eat, you will probably net at least 90% of the calories as usable energy after digestion. Though if your celery is really chewy...
    The 10% is kind of an average used across the board for the macros. Protein is actually higher than 10%, but yeah.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The 10% is kind of an average used across the board for the macros. Protein is actually higher than 10%, but yeah.

Oh, you're right! Wow, 30% for lean protein vs. 3% for fat? Nice.

"Lean protein foods such as chicken breast, egg whites and white fish have the highest thermic effect at almost 30%. This means that if you eat 100 calories of chicken breast, almost 30 of those calories are burned off just to digest it. Therefore, the net caloric value is only about 70 calories.

Complex carbohydrates such as vegetables, whole grains, brown rice, beans and oatmeal also have a high thermic effect of around 20%.

Fats have the lowest thermic effect, only around 3%. This is one of the reasons why dietary fat is so easily stored as body fat. Simple carbohydrates also have a low thermic effect."
  • paulasimons1257
    Options
    Fruits known for being high in antioxidants are one of the key things your liver needs. I tried this solution. I found it good http://flfreviews.weebly.com
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    ALL foods burn body fat...if you leave them in the refrigerator. :bigsmile:
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Yes, the body fat burning process is called lypolysis. This is accomplished through a metabolic process called ketosis (google the word ketosis).

To achieve ketosis, you must eat the right proportion of carb, protein and fat in your diet. I have been in ketosis for several months now, and the diet is working great! I love the food (real food by the way, no gimmicks, no pills, no powders, etc), and I am losing at least 1 lb per week consistently. All my blood numbers are doing great, doctor is very happy.

So, to answer your question, yes, there are foods that will make you burn body fat.

Good luck sweetheart.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I need to know. I need to burn more fat (: Please, answer.

All food works with a deficit
  • mystery_of_me
    mystery_of_me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Melaleuca-Exercise-Bars-Chocolate-Caramel-kruncher/dp/B008BOE3SM

Not really The One food that will do it, but I've used this off and on for a pre-workout snack. Claims to access stored fat. Good enough for me. Just reached goal today. 25 lbs lost, in about 90 days. But you have to exercise your butt off with a lot of cardio! Running worked for me. Good luck.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    ALL foods burn body fat...if you leave them in the refrigerator. :bigsmile:

Lol. For real though, I don't understand the idea that food could BURN fat. Makes no sense. There are foods that are more nutrient dense than others but eating at a caloric deficit is the only way to lose weight. Maybe try lifting to get the body you want
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    There is a magic bean. Call Jack
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Magic fairy dust distilled from sparkly rainbow unicorn poo.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    No food but I do know of one poison that burns body fat lol.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hold on I'm checking on DR Oz web site =)
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Trolls... HAHA!!!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    The lack of food.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I need to know. I need to burn more fat (: Please, answer.

Yes. It's called eating less than your TDEE. :wink: