Is it "Unmanly" For a Guy to be a Huge Salad Lover?

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    :noway:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Sooo beta!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Nah
    but it is unmanly to give a rats patootie about what people think of you loving salads
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    mancard.jpg

J/K... I can eat Greek and Caesar salad like it's my job :tongue:
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    nope. its a win for guys to like salads.
    :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Yes.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Im willing to bet the only people that give you a problem are the ones that need to lose weight anyway.

It's healthy. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
  • Yes.
    Decisive and manly.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    No, but stressing over it to the point of asking this question is.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    tumblr_lhc4yaBhKr1qg1j1no1_1280.jpg
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    You're self conscious about eating salads?

Hahahahahahahahaha
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    It is only unmanly to let other people decide what you should like.
    I have a question for everyone here. Do any of you think that it is unusual or "unmanly" for a guy to be a huge salad lover? I happen to absolutely love salads! In fact I would say that over time salads have become just about my favorite food. A really good Chefs salad or a Cobb salad are definitely two of my favorite foods. I eat salads all the time. I know that salads can actually be unhealthy, but I normally try hard to make sure my salads are healthy. I eat a big salad at least everyday. I normally make myself a salad everyday for lunch at work. There are some days occasionally when I'll eat a salad for both lunch and dinner. I also almost never get bored of salads with all the different topping and dressings you can put on salads. The reason I ask this question is that it's been my experience that almost all salad lovers are women, not men. Also, I've had people tell me directly that it's unusual to see a guy who loves salads as much as I do. Moreover, I live in a part of the country where the beef industry is king. So there are times I've gotten strange looks from people when I've eaten big salads at restaurants in the region I live. So do any of you think it's strange or even "unmanly" for a guy to love salads as much as I do, or do you think I'm being overly self-conscious?
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    What's unmanly is being worried about what society thinks about your love of salads.

What would be manly is if anyone gives you crap about liking salads you point a finger at them, give them I'm gonna kick you *kitten* look, and tell them you'll like whatever the hell you want to like.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Stock photos just want you to believe that only women love salads and that we are really happy when we eat salads...but it's only masking the pain and agony of not being able to eat chocolate since that's all we eat in reality anyway. Oh society.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    There was a Seinfeld episode about that! "Thanks for mutton!!"
  • I agree with you, iplayoutside1! That's been my attitude lately. Most of the time I could care less what other people think about the foods that I love. However, I live in a part of the country where most of the men are more like the Marlboro man, instead of a man who would eat salads all the time. So sometimes being a salad lover does attract attention around here. I just wanted to see what others honestly thought about that. Thanks for the encouragement people!
  • Not at all! Eating a salad is great and healthy. Don't listen to guys to say it's not, it's way better than wearing a bib while slobbering on a giant bloody rib isn't it?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    yes, pleases leave your man card on the table on your way out and place your balls in glass jar on the cabinet....just kidding - what you eat does not define your man hood...well most of the time...
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Now, if someone made a thread saying "Is it "Unlady-like" for a girl to be a huge steak lover?", I wonder what would happen? :laugh:

Srsly though. OP, eat your salad, just be sure to eat some bacon later.
  • barbi_jean
    barbi_jean Posts: 87 Member
    Nope, Don't worry about what everyone else says!! My husband loves salads! Like you said, they are never boring! You can dress them up in so many ways! If someone has something bad to say about you liking salads, they are probably just unhappy and overweight :) Be yourself, if someone does not like it.. that's their problem, not yours!