Is it "Unmanly" For a Guy to be a Huge Salad Lover?

Options

Replies

• ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am a little salad lover.. Even though I love me a salad when in the mood I can't eat very much of one before being completely full. My wife and eat 3X the amount of salad than I can. So unless I cam going to get a salad only at a restaurant I pass on them because they fill me up too much and I can't eat other stuff LOL
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and enjoy your salads, but if your 3rd post on this site is going to be "how does my *kitten* look in these jeans" we may have to have "the talk"
  • patols1
    patols1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    both my husband and son love salads. :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I dream of a man who loves salad.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Its manly to stake your claim, live your passions, and tell those who don't like it to get bent.

Those who mind... don't matter.

Those who matter... don't mind.

I have spoken, err, typed.
  • Hurricane0721
    Options
    No, DavPul, you'll never hear me say that! One advantage I suppose of being such a big salad lover is that I'm actually a pretty healthy weight for my body size. Being a huge salad lover does have it's advantages with your health.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Stock photos just want you to believe that only women love salads and that we are really happy when we eat salads...but it's only masking the pain and agony of not being able to eat chocolate since that's all we eat in reality anyway. Oh society.

I eat nothing but chocolate, just to stick it to the man.
  • rileyhunter169
    Options
    It's manlier to not give crap about manliness of preferences.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Stock photos just want you to believe that only women love salads and that we are really happy when we eat salads...but it's only masking the pain and agony of not being able to eat chocolate since that's all we eat in reality anyway. Oh society.

Ha, this made me giggle. Have you ever seen the tumblr that is dedicated to stock photos of women eating salad? It's pretty entertaining.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Ha, this made me giggle. Have you ever seen the tumblr that is dedicated to stock photos of women eating salad? It's pretty entertaining.

This. Salad. Is. So. Damn. Funny.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Am I less "womanly" if I eat a ribeye with my bare hands? *shrug*
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I like a man who is not afraid of a lettuce!
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I would walk out on a date with you ;)
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Im the exact same I'll eat a large salad once or twice a day I think it's delicious n super healthy
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    im so proud of my guy when I can get his veggie hatin azz to eat one at least I feel he's getting something more besides meat
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Real men love salad!
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My mom always nags me when I eat chicken wings sloppily or eat ribs or eat steak with butter. "It's not ladylike!" she says. I respond, "well if that's not ladylike, then I don't wanna be a lady!"
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am more concerned with the fact that someone is even concerned with the possibility, or that it even crosses their mind.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am more concerned with the fact that someone is even concerned with the possibility, or that it even crosses their mind.

Yeah, that is my thought. Didn't realize my manhood stands on the brink right now because I enjoy salads.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    nooooo not unmanly at all...it's sexy!!! really!!!