Lifting ladies- similar weight, different look?

Options
13»

Replies

• FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    972131_10152836696295246_113459649_n.jpg
  • angelmma
    angelmma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    God your pics are all amazing. Such an inspiration. I've got about 36lbs to lose but I really wanna tone too. Just wondering do you all goto the gym to lift weights or do you have them at home. I don't really fancy paying gym membership if I can do these workouts at home, because I've just bought a road bike and I'm starting back at swimming and pole dance exercise so gonna be out quite a few £ each month with those memberships haha.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have been doing quite a bit of strength training over the last month since I want to transform my body rather than just look like a smaller version of my flabby self... I need some motivation!

Anyone have before/after pics or body measurements within 10 lbs-15 lbs difference from heavy lifting? (Can be heavier before lifting, or after lifting). I just really want to see some examples of body composition changes that are not huge weight differences out of curiosity :)

I have the PERFECT pic for you!!

in the picture on the left, I weigh between 188 and 199lbs. I wore a size 42DD bra and size 16/18 pants ( closer to the 18). I went on to gain weight until I hit my high of 228lbs. I spent 10 months doing cardio and strength training. The picture on the right is me when I got back down to 196lbs. I am wearing the exact same shirt, but a 38C bra and size 14 pants.

8213431311_eecd2df7b1.jpg
    gray top pics by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is the difference in another year. I've lost a whole 6 lbs.

11099489163_a176cdc50d.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • aggiegirl121
    aggiegirl121 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • crash_aly
    Options
    I will see if I can find some before pictures and post them with some current ones!

I'm a huge advocate for weight lifting! I also enjoy cardio so I do a bit of both, but to see strength gains, muscle definition and improvements in my runs/riding from lifting far outweighs anything I mentally had tied to the number on the scale!
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Bump
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Amazing work ladies!
  • Trad78
    Trad78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great work, love it when women actually lift weights. Keep trying to tell the wife that, but she doesn't listen. So she runs on the treadmill and no weight loss, then she gets mad when I drop weight by using weights and some HIIT.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    This was from last year. I'm back up in weight at this point, but I'm working to get back down and I'm already starting to see the ab definition again.

776836fd-b1b6-43ee-bec5-e6772f7cd709_zpscb8dfb62.jpg
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I have been wanting to make the switch to weights but can't get past the intimidation. Seeing this is great motivation! Plus I HATE cardio!
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    very inspiring!!