When a Woman is Mad at You

Options
Cali_Chica
Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
When upset, many women often use the "Delayed Reaction Maneuver"

How effective is this technique when communicating?

Men: Can you tell when it is being used on you?

Women: Why do we use this communication strategy rather than just being upfront?

23j4u0w.jpg

2lift68.jpg

Replies

• Cali_Chica
    Options
    I am just so sick of dealing with it.
    Last night she had a fit over me taking a bite out of her sweet potatoe.
    Ridiculous.

Well that was rather rude of you :laugh:
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I used the "Go Ahead" once & bought the motorcycle..

Good times followed
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think we use that because we tend to build up of feelings until they do that one thing that sets us off so we flood everything that they did to piss us off in the past couple of months lmao. Wish it wasn't how we tend to deal with things.. but what can ya do?
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    In Maine (haven't seen it anywhere else -- yet) the female only "frying pan toss" are one of the most popular events at local fairs. "Toss" doesn't capture the essence of a black skillet flying through the air. Actions speak louder than words.
  • Cali_Chica
    Options

Good times followed

Haha I can only imagine how many nights on the couch that motorcycle cost you
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

Good times followed

That's awesome, LOL

Great toy when used responsibly in my books!
  • Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164
    Options
    It's really simple...if you guys don't say or do anything stupid, this won't be a problem in the future!
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Krazy Glue.... It's like regular glue but with a vagina.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    It's really simple...if you guys don't say or do anything stupid, this won't be a problem in the future!

We try our best! Well, some of us! : )
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Hehehehe I laughed.

Anyway, I just get quiet until I get over it then talk about it rationally :)
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I'm pretty direct and the outcome doesn't seem to be much better.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Females = Rational = Fantasy
    Not all. Majority, same for my mother and everyone I know, but the drama is too much. No.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate crap like this. Women don't use these techniques, girls do.
  • Cali_Chica
    Options
    Ugh, I hate crap like this. Women don't use these techniques, girls do.

I disagree. I feel like you're implying its a lack of maturity using these techniques. To me, it is my way of conveying I'm upset without getting confrontational. I hope he picks up on my displeasure so that I don't need to have it out about everything.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't use them. Why should I? If I say fine, I mean it 's fine. If I say nothing, I mean nothing. If I'm pissed or hurt, I'm just gonna say it. I don't understand women.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I don't use them. Why should I? If I say fine, I mean it 's fine. If I say nothing, I mean nothing. If I'm pissed or hurt, I'm just gonna say it. I don't understand women.
    Very off topic, sorry @ OP.

I love your top, where did you get it? lol. I want one haha.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I'm brutally honest. It works best for me. If I don't say what I'm feeling I turn into a lunatic.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I keep running into these threads lately. I haven't checked my calendar, is it Don Draper week?

OP lots of people, men and women, handle conflict poorly in lots of different ways. Putting some ineffective habits in the woman box and some in the man box just leads to stupid crap like what tannedtiger and doug_pierce said.

Everyone should just do their best to keep calm and honest during disagreements. Because people.

Edit to add another person saying something stupid.
  • linzchapates
    Options
    I'm awkward and emotionally stunted... I don't get overly emotional and avoid heart to heart conversations that make me all ooey gooey like the plague.... This often makes me seem cold hearted or B*tchy.
    When I'm mad I definitely internalize and walk away, then deal with it as frankly and non drawn out as possible once I've processed everything.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Very off topic, sorry @ OP.

I love your top, where did you get it? lol. I want one haha.

Oh thank you! I think I got it at superherostuff.com? I have so many, I forget where they come from!