When a Woman is Mad at You

Replies

• When upset, many women often use the "Delayed Reaction Maneuver"

How effective is this technique when communicating?

Men: Can you tell when it is being used on you?

1. It is effective on ending a relationship. I'm a grown man, I don't play games or want drama in my life. If something bothers you on what I said, reacted, or did. Tell me.

2. Yes I can tell. I've said this before. Men are simple creatures. We do stupid stuff at times, and we try to one up each other by comparing our size of our penls'. It doesn't mean we don't know when something is bothering you, it just might mean we don't care to play that game of guess why I am mad.

QFT
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    What if you've already told him in so many ways a dozen times?? But he just doesn't get it? And you're sick of fighting? So you resort to "fine" or "whatever" to spare another confrontation?

Just break up.

+1.

And let some new woman reap the benefits of my years of hard work? Hell no!:laugh:

Clearly, that hard work hasn't paid off .....
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    I have seen many people use this communication style. (and they were not women)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    If you can't be honest with the person you're with, the relationship is a lie.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    When upset, many women often use the "Delayed Reaction Maneuver"

1. It is effective on ending a relationship. I'm a grown man, I don't play games or want drama in my life. If something bothers you on what I said, reacted, or did. Tell me.

I hate those GUESSing games.

2. Yes I can tell. I've said this before. Men are simple creatures. We do stupid stuff at times, and we try to one up each other by comparing our size of our penls'. It doesn't mean we don't know when something is bothering you, it just might mean we don't care to play that game of guess why I am mad.

My wife understands .. if she tells me she's/it's "FINE" .. I will act as if things are *gasp* ... fine.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    My husband often does the "delayed reaction" stuff. We've talked about it and he feels like it's a good thing. Often he'll get upset over something, but then if he waits, when he calms down, he realizes that whatever he was upset about was stupid and lets it okay. If he can't let it go, then we talk about it. If he actually voiced all his "annoyances" we'd fight a lot more because I'm sure I'd take issue at getting *****ed at over stupid things.

But no one should ever say there is nothing wrong when there is. Just say "I don't want to talk about it right now, until I've had time to think".
  • Sinisterly
    My husband often does the "delayed reaction" stuff. We've talked about it and he feels like it's a good thing. Often he'll get upset over something, but then if he waits, when he calms down, he realizes that whatever he was upset about was stupid and lets it okay. If he can't let it go, then we talk about it. If he actually voiced all his "annoyances" we'd fight a lot more because I'm sure I'd take issue at getting *****ed at over stupid things.

But no one should ever say there is nothing wrong when there is. Just say "I don't want to talk about it right now, until I've had time to think".
    Relationship. You're doing it right.
    Edit: bolded the bits :P
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    I used the "Go Ahead" once & bought the motorcycle..

Good times followed

I used the "Say nothing" strategy to his constant nagging for me to learn to ride. That earned me my own motorcycle and yup, good times did follow. Sometimes passive-aggressive works for me.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    When upset, many women often use the "Delayed Reaction Maneuver"

They do?

I can't imagine it would be that effective. It sound more passive aggressive than anything else.

No. I tend to take women at face value rather than trying to second guess what they mean. If they don't have the courtesy to be honest with me I don't see why I should have the courtesy to care.
    Women: Why do we use this communication strategy rather than just being upfront?

Yeah women, why? It must be very frustrating for the recipient.
  • Usually, when either of us has done something to make the other angry it can go a variety of ways. Sometimes I used the delayed reaction because I am trying to figure out in my head was it worth getting angry over in the first place. Just because my initial reaction was to be upset, doesn't mean that logically I should be upset. I will tell her "x thing" made me angry, but I need to think about things first. She does the same. That and I don't like discussing topics when I am angry. It isn't productive.
  • Sinisterly
    Usually, when either of us has done something to make the other angry it can go a variety of ways. Sometimes I used the delayed reaction because I am trying to figure out in my head was it worth getting angry over in the first place. Just because my initial reaction was to be upset, doesn't mean that logically I should be upset. I will tell her "x thing" made me angry, but I need to think about things first. She does the same. That and I don't like discussing topics when I am angry. It isn't productive.
    *Applause*
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Cause B*tches be crazy
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Cause B*tches be crazy

^^^nuff said

Goes like this

him -"Hey you want any ice cream?" her - "Nope" him- proceeds to eat the rest of ice cream her - "I wanted some of that" him - "***** off"
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Assertive, articulate, and well reasoned in person communication is best.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Okay, that'll about do it for me. Come on vagina! let's go where the mean boys won't point out our innate womanly flaws!

*stomps off to Pinterest*
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    I'm too old for this!!!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    LMBO - I did!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I admit that I will occasionally use on e of these. Later when reflecting on the choice, I realize honesty would be better and that I can,'t really get too upset at my husband if he took what I said literally.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Ugh, I hate crap like this. Women don't use these techniques, girls do.

I disagree. I feel like you're implying its a lack of maturity using these techniques. To me, it is my way of conveying I'm upset without getting confrontational. I hope he picks up on my displeasure so that I don't need to have it out about everything.

Mind == blown. Being passive aggressive and dishonest versus being confrontational. Yikes.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    I usually go straight to # 5 and i will tell it like it is at the moment. I dont beat around the bush with the silent treatment...piss me off and you better fix it ( i will tell you how to do this) and quick.