That one weird thing your pet does.....

Options

Replies

• SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My new kitty Oliver sits with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. He looks quite comfortable sitting with his legs tucked up underneath him, his eyes closed, long tongue hanging out.

He also likes to lay on the floor on his back, totally stretched out. Then with one paw he grabs the carpet ahead of him and pulls himself forward, dragging his body along the floor. He repeats this until he gets wherever he wants to go - using only one paw and on his back the entire time.

Gotta love him :)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Lets see.... Scoots her butt on the carpet like a puppy (my cat that is), after she uses the cat pan she runs full speed around the house YEOWLING her head off until she jumps on the bed and just chills, runs in a circle to chase her tail - if she catches it, she will chew on it until you hear bones crunching!
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    She looks like a noble witch cat. I've never taken a photo of her face correctly but Luna has eyes everyone comments on, doesn't mind her belly being rubbed and licks your skin after the pool...
  • hittingitonemoretime
    hittingitonemoretime Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    My kitten Marley, lays in the sink and sleeps. or she tries and grab your cup as you fill it with water.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My cat likes to sit up straight, perfectly still, in the middle of piles of junk. On a table, near boxes on the floor, etc. You don't even know he's there until suddenly it catches your eye and you're like "Ah! A cat!" So creepy.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pets. I have a 4 yo who likes to pretend he's a cat. Does that count?
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options

She also-when you scratch the base of her tail- she does this tongue thing- it's like licking but not- like lapping- she sticks her tongue in and out super fast- it's funny.

A lot of dogs do that too. Its really kinda funny! I've done it to many dogs and many of them lap at the air! haha

My dog...well...she has a humpy-horse. She is a Chihuahua and she gets excited..like playful..and she gets her horse out and goes to town...it never fails to happen when we have company...LOL I can hide it or I'll throw it in the kitchen and she always brings it back or stares at the place its gone missing whining until I give it back to her.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My cat strips wallpaper. :grumble:
  • weightedfootsteps
    Options
    Love these!

Only *one* weird thing? Hard to pick. Hmm... I'm sure it's explainable - and if anyone has the explanation, I'd LOVE to hear it! When he's eating, sometimes he'll stop, become completely still and stare down HARD at his food. He holds that position for a bit and then starts to forcefully nudge and scoop at his bowl, outside and inside, with his muzzle. He'll repeat that a couple of times and then just start eating again like nothings wrong. What's he doing?!?

I've seen dogs do that...I bet he likes a certain kind of the dog food...if the dog food is different colors you might notice that there isn't much of one certain color. My mom's dogs don't like the green ones and they spit them out on the floor next to the dog dish...LOL
  • weightedfootsteps
    Options
    We have a Jack Russel and for some reason he chews his nails. I saw him doing it the first time and researched it. Supposedly they do that when their nails are too long so since then I have made sure that I keep them trimmed as short as I can without hurting him and he still constantly chews them! I don't have any idea why!

My parent's Jack Russell and my sister's all do this as well. I think they just like to tend their own nails...it is weird. I've never seen another kind of dog do that.
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    One of my cats has recently started a routine every morning where she walks into our room meowing as loud as she can, jumps onto the dresser, and paws furiously at the TV until I wake up and grab her. She happily lays with us for a 45 seconds before jumping down to do it again. This morning, it started at 5:15.

She also has a problem with closed doors. Nobody is allowed in the bathroom by themselves. She sits on my husband's lap while he plays video games, and she has a barstool that she sits on to observe her queendom. She also has a mental breakdown if she can see any spot of the bottom of her food bowl even if there is food in it.

The other cat makes a strange purr/growl sound all the time and has to be held at least 90% of the time we're home.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    knows when his (dog) water is more than a day old and will look back and forth dumbfounded at me until it's changed, lol
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    We have a rescued Great Pyrenees who will be sound "asleep," eyes closed and everything, but upon hearing your approach will slowly lift one of her back legs as if to say "I'm sleeping, but a tummy rub wouldn't be amiss." LOVE HER!

Don't BUY......RESCUE!

:)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My cat will lick my eyelid open when I am sleeping to wake me up.
  • Bobanji
    Bobanji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have an English Bulldog and they are notoriously gassy creatures. When my dog farts loudly, even if he is in a dead sleep, he will wake up and dart his eyes directly at me with a look of "what was that? Did you do that?" I don't think he realizes the farts are coming from his own a@@.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Well, one dog never just walked into a room ...... he'd turn around & walk in backwards ...... after 3-4 feet he'd turn around again & continue on his way :laugh:

Another dog chewed on the toilet paper rolls ...... bathroom doors needed to be closed at all times .....

Another walked around with an old "Pooh" slipper in his mouth ......

And still another would just sit & stare at you ...... until you let him out to do his business ......

Lastly, my kitty sits near my head each morning & stares at me ...... then pats my nose a few times ...... if I don't get up to feed her, then she reaches over & bites my head ...... I have to hide under the covers !

I love my pets :heart:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have a cat that refuses to eat cat food that is left in the bowl for ANY length of time. The food needs to be FRESH (as in put in the bowl in front of the cat). Out of spite, the cat will eat the "old" food (after crying for fresh food for a good 20 mins), and then immediately proceed to barf up the old food.
  • WuTanquerayClan
    Options
    If my dog is really thirsty, she will bite at the water, not just lick it.
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I used to have a cat that would drool all over the place when you pet her. She was the best cat ever!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Once of my rats does pull-ups. There's a barred door on the top of the cage. He climbs to the top and just hangs there and pulls himself up over and over again. I can't for the life of me figure out what he is trying to accomplish. I thought he was trying to get to the food I was keeping on top so I moved it. . .he still does this. Daily. He was overweight and has lost his excess weight since doing this. I swear I'm starting to think he's really exercising and the weight loss was intentional.

I had a dog when I was young who REFUSED to go to the bathroom if you were watching. We couldn't stand there and hold the leash, we had to chain her up and go inside. She would watch the house for a while until she was sure you weren't watching, then she would do her business. She also refused to drink or eat if you accidentally put her bowls on the wrong side. Her food HAD to be on the right side of her water dish.

My rabbit likes it when you pet his head in such a way that you pull the hair into a mohawk. If you're not doing it right, he nudges your hand over and over until you start. Then he sits there with his eyes closed and grinds his teeth in sheer pleasure.