Your tip for not caving to Christmas party tempting treats?

Options
124»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I only go for the food and booze, so sorry can't help you there.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    have someone awesome (my sister is that person for me) to look at you and say "just tie it around your waist/hips/thighs/ankles/arms because that's where it is going to end up anyways".
  • yochris1
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't drink an alcoholic beverage as it will sap your resolve. I know after one drink I will reach out for the high calorie foods without any qualms!
  • klm888
    klm888 Posts: 15
    Options
    I always keep a Zone or Atkins bar in my purse to keep my hunger under control. Before a family gathering, party, etc., I make sure to have one of these and/or a piece of fruit with lots of water. Have a happy holiday and good luck!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    don't eat them...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    moderation...

If I feel like having a cookie, I have a cookie...I don't have 20 cookies. If I feel like a desert, I'll have a desert...but I don't have to have desert every single night just because it's the holiday season...I am more than capable of keeping my serving size reasonable.

The holidays are not really any different than any other time of the year...ultimately, long term success is going to be through learning moderation and portion control, not deprivation. You ultimately have to learn to enjoy these things in a reasonable manner and realize that these kind of things can absolutely be part of a healthy and balanced diet. It's when people practice deprivation dieting that they have real issues here.
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    Savor every bit. Really get all the taste of of it - it takes so much longer, but not only do you get to taste it, you also eat a lot less.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    my advice... dont stress over it, and remember cardio while hungover is ppaaaiinnfull, but cadio wile hammered is hilarious especialy if you do it with friends... avoid weights tho your toes may thank you...
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 9 pounds! Where do you fish (salt water or fresh water)? We fish in the river the feeds the Chesapeake, catch lots of croaker and an occasionally bass (Rockfish).
    god Bless.
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    You've lost 26 pounds! That's great. You have inspired me to drink 6 glasses of water today, with a squeeze of lemon.
    May God Bless.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I would say either (1) don't worry about the one day, or (2) log everything you eat at the party (in the bathroom if you need to :bigsmile: ). If you do the latter you'll stop soon enough.
    Whichever gives you the best feeling/least stress.

Happy holidays!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Office party, family get-togethers, charity ball, fundraisers, happy hour....... I would love to hear your words of wisdom!
    May God bless us and keep us healthy and happy!

The Little Woman

My tip is get over the "bad food" mentality and be good to your palate. At large get-togethers, I take bite-sized portions of everything that looks good. This way, I have no regrets the next day of food not eaten.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    have someone awesome (my sister is that person for me) to look at you and say "just tie it around your waist/hips/thighs/ankles/arms because that's where it is going to end up anyways".

Slap.gif

don't eat them...

tumblr_inline_mj9oewjFVv1qz4rgp.gif

Deprivation sucks and leads to failure.