Starting weight for Lose 20 Pounds by Halloween..

Options

Replies

• slimtoady
    Options
    Howdy everyone, my name is Marie and I'm definitely in for losing 20 pounds by Halloween. My current weight is 177 pounds so that would make me 157 pounds come end of October. Wow, I haven't weighed that in almost a year and even at that it didn't last long.

1771704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Jsecret I love that you say Noon thirty! People always make fun of me for saying that and midnight thirty. I just like to make the differentiation between noon and midnight :)

I get made fun of it too but I agree it does help to distinguish the time since am/pm with 12 gets so confusing!

I'm excited as this is the first group I've joined here at MFP, I wanted to get through my first week before I joined anything since that seems to be the hardest part. Once I get the hang of the calorie counting and all the junk food cleared outta the house it goes alot easier. So here I am, ready to go!

I am also taking measurements along with weight since there seems to be times one will change without the other and at least knowing SOMETHING is getting smaller (regardless of if it is inches or lbs) helps keep the motivation there!
  • kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would love to Join H20! I will be back home on Wednesday night, so I will be starting my Journey Thursday morning! I am super excited to do this, as 20 lbs will put me UNDER 200lbs!....198, wow! haven't seen that in a while! Good Luck everyone!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I've quit smoking recently too. I did it a bit ago because the guy I was interested in wouldn't date a smoker and then again about three weeks ago without really meaning to... I've had a few on and off but nothing really presses me to buy a pack, ya know? If you need help with quitting smoking I'm totally here for you. The habit is the hardest part! I used to smoke when I would read and I read a lot....

It is soooo hard and I am terrified that I am going to put on loads of weight. Have to look on the positive side and see that it will make exercising sooo much easier, not to mention the not dying and the money saved :D
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I've quit smoking recently too. I did it a bit ago because the guy I was interested in wouldn't date a smoker and then again about three weeks ago without really meaning to... I've had a few on and off but nothing really presses me to buy a pack, ya know? If you need help with quitting smoking I'm totally here for you. The habit is the hardest part! I used to smoke when I would read and I read a lot....

It is soooo hard and I am terrified that I am going to put on loads of weight. Have to look on the positive side and see that it will make exercising sooo much easier, not to mention the not dying and the money saved :D

If you just stay focused, count calories and don't stop exercising (which should be easier now that you can breath!!) you won't gain weight. Contrary to popular belief gaining weight when quitting smoking is completely manageable! I quit smoking and started depo at the same time, both things supposed to make you go crazy with munchies and I still managed to get down from 232lbs! You can do it too! Just stay focused!

Also if you're having a hard time quitting cold turkey there are other ways to do it. Try not smoking a cig until after you exercise. Each week cut one more cigarette out of your "allowance". Studies show that many people are unable to quit cold turkey find success in slowly reducing the amount allowed per day. I'm not encouraging you to start up again, I'm just saying if it doesn't work for you, don't give up completely :) I'm here for you girly!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Jsecret I love that you say Noon thirty! People always make fun of me for saying that and midnight thirty. I just like to make the differentiation between noon and midnight :)

I get made fun of it too but I agree it does help to distinguish the time since am/pm with 12 gets so confusing!

I'm excited as this is the first group I've joined here at MFP, I wanted to get through my first week before I joined anything since that seems to be the hardest part. Once I get the hang of the calorie counting and all the junk food cleared outta the house it goes alot easier. So here I am, ready to go!

I am also taking measurements along with weight since there seems to be times one will change without the other and at least knowing SOMETHING is getting smaller (regardless of if it is inches or lbs) helps keep the motivation there!

Haha, I think it's crazy how many similarities we have! We're about the same age, same weight with the same amount to lose, first group joined and using measurements along with weighing in.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new buddies.. I haven't had a chance to be on here much between yesterday, busy with the family. And today did a run for my hubby's shop.. But its all good.. Im doing well. Had Wendy's for lunch with my sister. Did SMALL everything. I feel like crap now. I need to work out or something. I gotta get out of the gloom. I hate eating on the run. I tend to eat what I shouldn't when I do that. bleh.. IT will be better. Right?
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Welcome to all the new buddies.. I haven't had a chance to be on here much between yesterday, busy with the family. And today did a run for my hubby's shop.. But its all good.. Im doing well. Had Wendy's for lunch with my sister. Did SMALL everything. I feel like crap now. I need to work out or something. I gotta get out of the gloom. I hate eating on the run. I tend to eat what I shouldn't when I do that. bleh.. IT will be better. Right?

Of course! You'll feel so much better after you get some calories off! Kudos on keeping to the small sizes too, I know that can be really hard D:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    So this is the end of my first week at MFP. I am proud to say that I've lost 3.8 lbs my first week! :bigsmile: 16.2 lbs to go for H2O. I will get there!

WOW! That is fantastic! You're already well on your way.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Hi to all the new members of H20! Please feel free to add me. :)

YES, it will be better. Tell that grey cloud hanging over you to step aside because you've got a rainbow of positive thinking coming through. (OK, that got cheesier than I had anticipated...) Maybe next time you hit up a drive through, order a kids meal, or try not ordering fries altogether. Slowly removing a food from your diet is the best way to make a change. And watch, before you know it, you probably won't even want fries with your meal. *hug*

(On a side note, why are there no hugging smilies? Most of 'em seem kind of...negative.)
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your support..

Although I do feel like crud.. At least its making me want to eat that junk less and less.. I already cant stand fries to well. the thought of all the grease in them make me feel soo sick to my stomach. Sometimes I think Id be better off just drinking a glass of oil.. Bleh.. The sound of thats just as bad.. I do eat fried foods.. But im catching myself not eating it as much. Im soo ready to go for a walk or something. I feel so fat and disgusting after eating that junk.. I had a baconator.. Single size.. The bacon wasnt even cooked.. Bleh.. So I too that off.. Even without it just didnt taste good. Id rather have a grilled hamburger at home. :) Positive thoughts!! Next time Ill stick to just the sandwich.. IF that.. heh!

Hopefully going for our 3 Mile Walk..

I love the H20 pumpkin everyones got.. ;)
  • bpclark
    bpclark Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    fantastic - i'm SO in!! today's weight is 252.6, so my goal is 232 - i'm willing to go the extra .6 :-)
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    fantastic - i'm SO in!! today's weight is 252.6, so my goal is 232 - i'm willing to go the extra .6 :-)

Woohoo! Welcome!
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kerri and I am from Sacramento, CA. I would love to drop 20 pounds by Halloween! My weight now is 191 and my goal is 170.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kerri and I am from Sacramento, CA. I would love to drop 20 pounds by Halloween! My weight now is 191 and my goal is 170.

Hi Kerri! Welcome to the H20 club!
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi my starting weight today is 223 so my goal for Halloween is 203. I'd really like to be at 200 but we'll see. I am determined to do this.
  • Tinamac1
    Tinamac1 Posts: 39
    Options
    oo I really do, That was my plan! If I get there by Halloween I'm gifting myself a new tattoo! :) I'm in!
    Now= 211.6
    goal= 191.6
    Good luck everyone!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Hey guys!

For those of you who would like to add the H20 icon to your siggy, here's how to do it.

1. copy this URL to your clipboard: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/cuddlebunny116/PumpkinIcon-1.jpg

2. then, in the signature editor, type [url=[img][/img][/url]

3. paste the URL immediately after url=, and immediately after [img], leaving no spaces between characters 4. click save And that should work! :)[/img]
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I finally got it to work!! So cute!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Woot woot, cenedria235! It was confusing for me at first, 'cause in my past message board experiences, you only need to do the coding. Never have had to double up on[url] and [img]. Oh well. Just makes MFP all the more special of a place! :D[/img][/url]